OLD NoScript 1.1.4, bookmarks and places friendly

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
tksh

Post by tksh »

Giorgio Maone wrote:What about the context menu?
Anyway, I'm taking note of the toolbar button as a good suggestion for next version, thanks :)

Oops, forgot about that. I had the contextual menu on my setup disabled cause I find my context menu cluttered enough already. But thanks for considering the toolbar option, an extra method wouldn't hurt much I'd say..
Junx

Post by Junx »

Bugs!
<ul><li>allow javascript: links from the bookmarks no matter if the site is on the white-list or not (e.g. using bookmarklets on black-listed sites)</li> <li>Google's javascript detection seems to break either by the extension or using Strict JS only (that would be a problem on their part)</li> <ul> <li>This might be due to the Strict JS (I just thought about that), but I haven't tested it yet.</li> </ul> </ul>
CdBee

Post by CdBee »

NoScript is a great accompaniment to Greasemonkey, given that GM seems to have security issues with script access otherwise
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

First off, please don't get me wrong here, all I wanted to do is point out a personal opinion.... sorry if it came out rudeish

Giorgio Maone wrote:It says "Firefox (with NoScript) is safer than Firefox": someone could even read this as an innuendo to "Firefox is the only browser safer than Firefox".
I can't see how it is lame, misleading or bad rep: it sounds rather ironic and funny instead, to me. But of course, being the copywriter I'm a bit biased ;)

No, actually it says "There's a browser safer than Firefox... REJOICE!".... and when clicking on the thread, you are presented with an extension for firefox that disables javascript on user defined sites.

All I'm saying is personally it's annoying to see that title evertime I visit the extension forum, and even more annoying is the thread isn't even talking about a browser that is safer than firefox (which is the topic).

I might be nitpicking.. sorry.. but I've heard others complain as well, hence I thought I'd bring it up.

It's nice when topics aren't misleading, or atleast give you a hint of what the thread is really about... it would be nice to avoid future topics like this one, or the forms would be hard and tiresome to navigate.

-Jed
B.marc

Post by B.marc »

Giorgio Maone wrote:If I understand right, the above setting your editor (and JavaScript) work but your clipboard does not.

Exactly. Editor and JavaScript is working, clipboard is not.

Giorgio Maone wrote:Try this:

user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.sites", "http://*.*.*.* http://domainname.de domainname.de *.*.*.* https://*.*.*.* https://domainname.de");

I changed my user.js as you proposed. The change is also in prefs.js after restart of Firefox, as it should be. No change at all in behaviour.

Any more ideas?
Marc
Tracy8

Haloscan

Post by Tracy8 »

I'm hoping that this question hasn't already been discussed somewhere in the 26 pages, and if it has, please feel free to just post a link.

I've recently added this extension. So far it's fabulous. However, I do have one question: on some sites I frequent that use Haloscan, the link to the comments (haloscan) doesn't appear.

Even though I've allowed Haloscan, if I don't also allow javascript on the entire site, the haloscan comments links won't appear.

I have to allow java for both site and haloscan in order to get to the comments. Is this common?
therube

Post by therube »

I do not know of Haloscan (perhaps post a link).

Java and JavaScript are different.

:oops: [s]Noscan[/s] Noscript relates to JavaScript.
It has no bearing on Java.

So if the problem is Java related, then I would expect your problem to be elsewhere.
Last edited by therube on July 21st, 2005, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Old RPGM35

Post by Old RPGM35 »

1) HaloScan
2) What is Noscan? *Noscript? :lol:
BumbaChief

Post by BumbaChief »

Easy peeps,

I dont mean to be a pain but what do I have to do to get " There's a browser safer than Firefox..." . I have firefox 1.0.4 installed.

Thx

P.s. Will there be any problems while surfin after? and will Ebay work on it.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix
craftywizard2

Post by craftywizard2 »

is there a keyboard shortcut to allow/block the scripts? i like noscript but it would be better if there was or maybe having it under tools with an arrow next to it. that would be cool thanks.
CdBee

Post by CdBee »

BumbaChief wrote:Easy peeps,

I dont mean to be a pain but what do I have to do to get " There's a browser safer than Firefox..." . I have firefox 1.0.4 installed.

Thx

P.s. Will there be any problems while surfin after? and will Ebay work on it.

just install the NoScript extension from www.noscript.net
I use eBay with NoScript - you need to allow the domain for javascript (2 second job - click on the toolbar icon and select <i>allow ebay.com</a>) but it works fine
eyv

Explicit script blocking with global allow policy

Post by eyv »

WARNING: possible newbie question :)
Please take this as a newbie mistake if this has been discussed, or a feature request if this is first mentioned. :)
Is there a way to explicitly DISALLOW some sites to run JavaScripts while having a "global allow" policy using NoScript?
I ask because a large number of sites use javascript to control display elements (I KNOW, they should use CSS, but you try telling them), but if there is a global deny policy, I think a website just looks like crap. I don't want to have to re-enable JavaScript on every badly-designed site to see if it looks better. :) I would rather forbid only the sites that i KBOW should not be doing anything JavaScript-ish. Like AdBlock for JavaScript.
Thanks very much,
Eugene
CdBee

Post by CdBee »

blacklists by default leave you exposed until you add the current site, which may be too late !
Giorgio Maone

Re: Explicit script blocking with global allow policy

Post by Giorgio Maone »

eyv wrote: I don't want to have to re-enable JavaScript on every badly-designed site to see if it looks better. :) I would rather forbid only the sites that i KBOW should not be doing anything JavaScript-ish. Like AdBlock for JavaScript.

What you're asking for is a blacklist.
It is currently not implemented in NoScript, and not by accident.
Main reason behind NoScript development has been preventing exploitation of JavaScript security vulnerabilities, both known and unknown yet:with a whitelist apporach you can't stumble upon a "rogue site" that uses an undisclosed JS vuln to take ownership of your PC, because no site can run JS until you decide it is trusted.
A blacklist approach, on the contrary, would limit NoScript usefulness to a "last resort popup blocker" (because yes, it kills them all :) ), but would seriously limit its security side: it's very unlikely you know every "nasty" site out there and you add them all to your blacklist.
Nevertheless, a future NoScript version will have a blacklist in addition to the main whitelist, at least to mark some sites as "pure crap, don't even ask" and avoid to be notified every time you hit them (e.g. some invasive third party popup advertisement systems).
Of course, when you will be in the (strongly discouraged) "globally allowed" mode, those sites will stay forbidden, as suggested by your post.
cruser921

pleae help !!!!

Post by cruser921 »

help your tabbrowser extension breaks comcast fan when i open the fan it shrinks my web browser to half page along with the fan please how do i fix this would love to keep using but very anoying problem.
sorry i did not now anyother place to put this i have it posted in other place with 40 reviews and no one answer to help please help me on this i love tab browsing but i cant stad this problem it realy shrinks the browser to half its size. right with comcast fan should not do this.