OLD NoScript 1.1.4, bookmarks and places friendly

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Giorgio Maone

Re: about:blank

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Fionavar wrote:the moment I forbid the site the full upper bars becomes accessible @ Dell. When I, then, 'allow' scripts they disappear again. I'm currently just loading the page in IE ... this is the only site this has occurred in. Any other possible solutions?

That's weird.
I (and therube, apparently) can use any menu on that site...
I begin to suspect some interaction with another extension.
Could you try to reproduce on a clean profile with NoScript only?
Fionavar

Post by Fionavar »

By clean profile do you mean uninstall and reinstall?

BTW: I tried going through every extension by disabling one at a time. It did not help.
The Road to Violence (Mahatma Ghandi):
Wealth without work - Pleasure without conscience - Knowledge without character -
Commerce without morality - Science without humanity - Worship without sacrifice -
Politics without principle
Fionavar

Post by Fionavar »

Well I completely removed and reinstalled the programme. And obviously there was indeed a conflict as all is okay now. I'm not certain which plug-in it was, but I do suspect it had something to do with the Google Toolbar. After a clean install no more issues. Thanks Giorgio, I am grateful for you help.
The Road to Violence (Mahatma Ghandi):
Wealth without work - Pleasure without conscience - Knowledge without character -
Commerce without morality - Science without humanity - Worship without sacrifice -
Politics without principle
holiscan

Yahoo Mail has an issue with global deny

Post by holiscan »

Hi. I wouldn't call this a bug, necessarily, but here's the issue:

On the Yahoo mail, I allow scripts individually and it works great, except when I am trying to add an attachement. There, the Attach Files button doesn't work. If I allow scripts globally, then it is ok. After I sent my mail, I went back to deny globally. Everything is fine, but Attach Files.

Maybe you want to check it if you have a spare moment.
I am not witty enough to come up with a good signature.
Giorgio Maone

Re: Yahoo Mail has an issue with global deny

Post by Giorgio Maone »

holiscan wrote:On the Yahoo mail, I allow scripts individually and it works great, except when I am trying to add an attachement.

Please double check that yahoo.com, yimg.com and about:blank (the latter is not so obvious, but needed) are all allowed.
mieserwicht

Bug in combination with checkloaduri

Post by mieserwicht »

Hello,

I am a new user of NoScript and like it very much. But I found a special situation where NoScript does not work.
If you allow the scripts on a domain, which is allowed to load local files, the scripts do not work on this site. Allowing all scripts makes them work. If you remove the right to load local files the scripts work fine also.

I am using Firefox 1.5.0.2 with NoScript 1.1.4, AdBlock Plus 0.7, CuteMenus2 1.0, Minimize to Tray 0.0.1.2006030906+, Tab Mix Plus 0.3.0.5

The right to load local files is set via:
user.js
user_pref("capability.policy.policynames", "localfilelinks");
user_pref("capability.policy.localfilelinks.sites", "http://www.example.com");
user_pref("capability.policy.localfilelinks.checkloaduri.enabled", "allAccess");

Perhaps this could be combined with a feature request:
Add the right to load local files to the additional permissions for trusted sites.

Thanks for your great work!
Greetings
Giorgio Maone

Re: Bug in combination with checkloaduri

Post by Giorgio Maone »

mieserwicht wrote:If you allow the scripts on a domain, which is allowed to load local files, the scripts do not work on this site.
[...]
The right to load local files is set via:
user.js
user_pref("capability.policy.policynames", "localfilelinks");
user_pref("capability.policy.localfilelinks.sites", "http://www.example.com");
user_pref("capability.policy.localfilelinks.checkloaduri.enabled", "allAccess");

This is a CAPS (configurable access policies) limit: a site can belong to one and only one policy at the same time (NoScript's policy or your "localfilelinks" one), otherwise its outcome is unpredictable.
mieserwicht wrote:Perhaps this could be combined with a feature request:
Add the right to load local files to the additional permissions for trusted sites.

If this behaviour is OK for you, just remove the user_pref(...) lines listed above and add this one:

user_pref("capability.policy.maonoscript.checkloaduri.enabled", "allAccess");

This way you'll be able to follow file:// links from NoScript trusted sites.
mieserwicht

Re: Bug in combination with checkloaduri

Post by mieserwicht »

Giorgio Maone wrote:This is a CAPS (configurable access policies) limit: a site can belong to one and only one policy at the same time (NoScript's policy or your "localfilelinks" one), otherwise its outcome is unpredictable.

Okay, this seems clear to me. This could possibly added to your FAQ to prevent further problems.

Giorgio Maone wrote:
user_pref("capability.policy.maonoscript.checkloaduri.enabled", "allAccess");

This way you'll be able to follow file:// links from NoScript trusted sites.

Great! That works fine.

Thank you very much for this fast support!
holiscan

Re: Yahoo Mail has an issue with global deny

Post by holiscan »

Giorgio Maone wrote:
holiscan wrote:On the Yahoo mail, I allow scripts individually and it works great, except when I am trying to add an attachement.

Please double check that yahoo.com, yimg.com and about:blank (the latter is not so obvious, but needed) are all allowed.

Yeah, all those were allowed. A friend of mine reported the same thing to me today when I told him of my issues, but his trouble was on the yahoo jobs site. I assume it is an issue with how they've coded their pages, but I mention it because it is an interesting fringe case.
I am not witty enough to come up with a good signature.
spambob

Two Suggestions

Post by spambob »

First would it be alright if we moved this forumn to Google Groups? I would love that since I hate using this site. If not ill just have to deal with it.

Next, second, last, can you please also add a blocklist besides a white list? Because sometimes i like to scroll the web without having to worry about scripts i already know are malicious.

I guess what im trying to say is i would love to have all scripts allowed accept then ones i know are malicious when i use the allow scripts globally.

Just a thought
LukasThyWalls

Block Button

Post by LukasThyWalls »

Hello and thanks for this extension

I will only block definitively a site (script), buy only can permite or temporaly permite. In addition, this site could be block and never notified even unblock this site.

could be do this??
поехали!
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Giorgio,
with 88 pages!! of this thread, i doubt many people here bother to read through it all. And it comes up on egosearch for those who, like me, posted once-twice and now don't need it in their face every time they come to forums. Would it be too much trouble to close this thread and start another one with a link to this one in the first post? I have a feeling many would appreciate the move. Thank you!
Sekerob

Re: Two Suggestions

Post by Sekerob »

spambob wrote:First would it be alright if we moved this forumn to Google Groups? I would love that since I hate using this site. If not ill just have to deal with it.

Next, second, last, can you please also add a blocklist besides a white list? Because sometimes i like to scroll the web without having to worry about scripts i already know are malicious.

I guess what im trying to say is i would love to have all scripts allowed accept then ones i know are malicious when i use the allow scripts globally.

Just a thought

I think there are many seconding this motion and surely Giorgio has seen it many times, but apparently not ad-nauseam......well the Great G's Noscript tells me page after page after website, day in and out, that there are blocked scripts to doubleclick, atwola, adkill and PAGEAD2 and whatnot thru the little stop traffic sign in statusbar. By adding this Ultimate of Ultimate blacklist addition requests, no-one will ever have to be reminded, BUT, is there a commercial reason why the feature is not added? Lets have a look at Great G's company websites if they have any link alerts....Giorgio has to live too you know ;>)
The Dutch-Italian

Peuj

Post by Peuj »

Hi,

I don't know if it's useful or correct but I just try a new extension "Leak Monitor" which "detects when JavaScript objects in the chrome or Web page are still held by native code after the window is closed" and it detects a leak for NoScript. Something about the function (ev) it seems.
If you need more information you will have to install the extension as you cannot save the results.
hramrach

enabling JavaScript without enabling plugins

Post by hramrach »

Hello

Thanks fo Noscript, it's great.

I just noticed that when I enable JavaScript on a site it also enables Flash objects. As I no longer use FlashBlock for these (NoScript does it, and NoScript does not go well with FlashBlock) I would like an option to only enable scripts, not the plugins.
I can always do that by clicking the objects when I want them, and they tend to consume lots of cpu power when enabled. Also the flash animations are ususally just annoying, and do not add anything useful to the page.