MenuManipulator 20140526

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

dorando wrote:
Will Pittenger wrote:My menu changes are constantly resetting. Any ideas why? What is the point of having an extension to change your menus if those changes won't stick?
Which Application and which version (for both application and extension), also are there any errors in Tools > JavaScript Console (set javascript.options.showInConsole in about:config)?

Firefox 1.5.0.1 and MM 20060319.0.1. As for the errors, I may not have looked in time. I saw no relevant errors.

dorando wrote:
Will Pittenger wrote:* WYSIWYG -- editing in the actual menus. Presumably we would need restore points in case we wanted to revert to an older version. See next item. This option would be enabled only while a special window is open. Closing the window causes the menus to operate normally.
Live editing would require major changes and might be problematic to implement. I'll look into it at a later time.

I was thinking of a window in front of the menu bar that you would implement the changes in. If the user were to click on the browser window outside the the menubar, that mode would be disabled as MM would no longer have the focus.

dorando wrote:
Will Pittenger wrote:* Item properties -- Rather than having to know all the various tags, it would be better if there was a properties window available that would list all options. Options like Hidden would be represented as a checkbox. Something like Label would be a text box.
Setting some common attributes will be simplified in a future version, but listing all possible attributes wouldn't be possible as any attribute would be valid (but likely hasn't any effect, unless there are any styles targeting it).

The problem I have is knowing the available attributes.
Will Pittenger
Max Lehman

Question from new user

Post by Max Lehman »

Hello all,

This is my first extension and it looks pretty useful.

I am trying to add a URL right click menu item in Thunderbird to open a link in Opera. (My wife uses Firefox, so that is set as default browser.) It looks like I'd use 'oncommand' but I don't know how I should send it to Opera.

Also, is there a list of attributes and their associated values?

thanks,
max
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

There is an extension for that already. I think it is called Opera View.
Will Pittenger
Max Lehman

OperaView is not compatible with Thunderbird

Post by Max Lehman »

Will,

Thanks for pointing that extension out, but it would not install for Thunderbird.

-max
menet

MenuManipulator 20060319.0.1 translation in French

Post by menet »

Hi,

I have made a translation for your good tool in French : MenuManipulator 20060319.0.1 . :p

You can find it here http://www.chez.com/ktvmenet/menumanipu ... .0.1FR.zip
To download it, uses IE and does a right clic on it to download...
If you have another solution to download it, let me the information :2gunfire: (thanks)

Can you include it in a next version of MenuManipulator ? :?:

Best Regards ;-)
dorando

Post by dorando »

Will Pittenger wrote:Firefox 1.5.0.1 and MM 20060319.0.1. As for the errors, I may not have looked in time. I saw no relevant errors.
Too bad. You could try to disable other extensions to see if there is a conflict.

Will Pittenger wrote:The problem I have is knowing the available attributes.
<a href="http://xulplanet.com/references/elemref/ref_menuitem.html#attrblk">XULPlanet</a> lists some common attributes.

Max Lehman wrote:I am trying to add a URL right click menu item in Thunderbird to open a link in Opera. (My wife uses Firefox, so that is set as default browser.) It looks like I'd use 'oncommand' but I don't know how I should send it to Opera.
Create a new menuitem within messagePaneContext with following code:

Code: Select all

if(!gContextMenu.onLink) return; var program = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/file/local;1"]. createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsILocalFile); program.initWithPath("__PATH__"); var process = Components.classes['@mozilla.org/process/util;1']. createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIProcess); process.init(program); process.run(false, [gContextMenu.linkURL()], 1);
Replace __PATH__ with the path to opera.exe but replace any \ with \\

menet wrote:Can you include it in a next version of MenuManipulator ?
Sure, will be included.
Max Lehman

Post by Max Lehman »

dorando,

Thanks for the quick response. It works just like I wanted--Opera gets the link and opens it in a new tab.

-max
Columba

Post by Columba »

I tried dragging the File, Edit and View menus inside the Tools menu, but that doesn't work.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Columba wrote:I tried dragging the File, Edit and View menus inside the Tools menu, but that doesn't work.
Works for Me, but I've noticed that dragging a collapsed/closed menu can cause problems in some situations (like this one), so maybe you've been hit by that. Otherwise anything in the JavaScript Console can be helpful (set javascript.options.showInConsole to true in about:config).
tgrantt

Post by tgrantt »

I may just be incompetent, but I can't make this work. I installed (after uninstalling meneditor) found it in "Tools" went down to "Content area context menu" and added the attribute "hidden" to the "Back" and Forward" buttons, set to "true." They still show up in the context menu. I'm running these

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060111 Firefox/1.5.0.1

*** Extensions (enabled: 40, disabled: 3; total: 43)
Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.3.0.2
Adblock Plus 0.6.1.2
All-In-One Sidebar 0.6.4
All-in-One Gestures 0.17.4
Autohide 1.0.1
BetterSearch 1.10
BlogThis 0.3
Bookmark Backup (Test Build 7) 0.4
Bookmarks Menu Button 0.4 [disabled]
Bookmarks Synchronizer SE 1.1.8
BugMeNot 1.3
Copy All Urls 0.6.2
CuteMenus - Crystal SVG 0.9.9.71
Download Sort 2.5.4
FireFTP 0.90.1.1
Fitt's Back Button 0.1
Flat Bookmark Editing 0.7.5
Forecastfox 0.8.5.3
IE Tab 1.0.8
Image Zoom 0.2.4
Image-Show-Hide 0.1.7
InfoLister 0.9c
LinkPreview 2.1
LiveBookmarkThis 0.3
LookAhead 1.4.1 [disabled]
MenuManipulator 20060319.0.1
MenuX 0.2.4.5
MinimizeToTray 0.0.1.2006022107+
My Portal 1.0.4
NoScript 1.1.3.9
Options Menu 1.0rc2
PDF Download 0.6
Paste and Go 0.4.3
Print/Print Preview 0.2
QuickNote 0.6.0.2
Restart Firefox 0.3.1
Sage 1.3.6
Stop-or-Reload Button 0.2
Tab Sidebar 1.0.2
Tabbrowser Extensions 2.1.2006031301
US Department of Homeland Insecurity Idiocy Level 0.1.2.1.1-argh
Viamatic foXpose 0.3
deskCut 0.5.0.4 [disabled]

Any ideas? Or am I just stupid? (Be nice)
bomb fight capitalist scramble missle worm destroy
--The NSA's going to love me!
Kenosee Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada
dorando

Post by dorando »

tgrantt wrote:I may just be incompetent, but I can't make this work. I installed (after uninstalling meneditor) found it in "Tools" went down to "Content area context menu" and added the attribute "hidden" to the "Back" and Forward" buttons, set to "true." They still show up in the context menu.
Setting the <code>hidden</code> attribute won't work as the <code>contentAreaContextMenu</code> adds/removes these on demand. If you want to hide an item use the <a href="http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/tips#app_mainmenu">built-in</a> functionality or set <code>style</code> to <code>display:none</code> of the items you want to hide.
Laurence

Post by Laurence »

Hi dorando,

I have installed your menumanipulator.xpi (20060319) in SeaMonkey (Gecko/20060406), and it is working like a charm. Thank you.

And I am looking forward to the release which will include these already mentioned additions to it:
- having it remember it's previous viewed state: what was collapsed and/or expanded
- an inbuilt feature to Hide or Disable items
- Backup/Restore items to their previous menu placement and capability

dorando, are any of the above planned for the next release?

Thanks again for a very useful extension, and for it installing and working so well with SeaMonkey.

Laurence
dorando

Post by dorando »

Laurence wrote:dorando, are any of the above planned for the next release?
No, but that doesn't mean anything...

Post by ******** »

what IS planned?
dorando

Post by dorando »

desertfox wrote:what IS planned?
The only things planned are bug fixes and integration of submitted locales.