MenuManipulator 20140526

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
mantra

Re: MenuManipulator 20080929

Post by mantra »

dorando wrote:
mantra wrote:is it safe ?
Depends on what you mean, setting that pref to false allows you to install/enable extensions which don't claim support with the current Application version, but the Application will still check and warn about compatibility at various places.

thanks

is there a way to add a shortcut (hotkeys) for the smart folder and united folder?

i would like to switch from smart folder -> united folder and vice versa with a shortcut

thanks
http://www.pcmech.com/article/clearing- ... he-how-to/
windows firefox 49.0.2 ,thunderbird 45.4 and under linux , firefox and thunderbird are always updated
dorando

Post by dorando »

mantra wrote:is there a way to add a shortcut (hotkeys) for the smart folder and united folder?

i would like to switch from smart folder -> united folder and vice versa with a shortcut
Yes, with keyconfig try to Add a new key containing something like this:

Code: Select all

gFolderTreeView.mode = (gFolderTreeView.mode == "all") ? "smart" : "all"; 
. Use

alert(gFolderTreeView._modeNames.join("\n")); 
to get the internal names for the available modes.
kev1365

Post by kev1365 »

Just tried this, and it worked great. =D>
Amsuke

Post by Amsuke »

Is MenuManipulator compatible with Firefox 4.x? If so, can you release an updated xpi, the way you did with keyconfig? Otherwise, whenever I use FF portable, I have to update it all over again.
bege

Re: MenuManipulator 20110327

Post by bege »

Hi,

after updating to Firefox 9 (Windows XP SP3) the status menu of the NoScript extension is corrupted. It shows only very few of the entries it should (and does when menumanipulator is deactivated). Reinstalling both NoScript and MenuManipulator doesn't help. I cannot see any reason. The other menus seem to be o.k.
What might cause this trouble?
Regards
dorando

Post by dorando »

Since the NoScript menu is dynamic, anything moved in or out of it might break it. Note that "If an extension (or an app update) adds/removes <menuseparator>s or <menu><menupopup> constructs without an id, some actions might be applied to the wrong items" which might be what happened here.

You might want to try Reset > Selected Item (from the context menu) on the affected menu, to remove everything moved into that menu.

For finding those moved out try the following as oncommand for a new menu item for the MenuManipulator window

menuView.getRowProperties = function(row,props){ if(gData[row].path) { props.AppendElement(gAtomService.getAtom("selected")); } }
menuView.getCellProperties = function(row,column,props){ if(gData[row].pathprops.AppendElement(gAtomService.getAtom("selected")); }
menuView.treebox.invalidate(); 
which should highlight modified items.
Support mozilla.dorando.at through donations/contributions.
pohunohi

Post by pohunohi »

dorando, Thank you for your fantastic extension. =D>

For example I created a menu item Stop all tabs following paragraph Stop.

But when you select text, I have this:

It is possible to do so would be in the selected text, or the cursor is over a link, picture etc, menu item Stop all tabs are not displayed.
Thank you.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Try adding

document.getElementById("__ID__").hidden =
gContextMenu.isContentSelected ||
gContextMenu.onLink ||
gContextMenu.onImage ||
gContextMenu.onCanvas ||
gContextMenu.onVideo ||
gContextMenu.onAudio ||
gContextMenu.onTextInput
before return gContextMenu.shouldDisplay; in the onpopupshowing attribute of contentAreaContextMenu. (replace __ID__ with the id attribute of the menuitem, you might need to restart Firefox after editing the onpopupshowing attribute).
Amsuke

Post by Amsuke »

I just ran into a problem with MenuManipulator. This is in regards to an Adblock Plus accessory extension:

Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... idehelper/

When this extension (in addition to AdBlock Plus, of course) is installed, it installs a menu item:

Tools / Adblock Plus / Select an element to hide

The problem is that this menu item doesn't show up in MenuManipulator at all. I can't change the key binding because the menu item itself isn't showing up at all.
dorando

Post by dorando »

That menuitem is created during popupshowing and removed during popuphidden event, so MenuManipulator can't see or handle it.

If you want to change the shortcut edit the extensions.elemhidehelper.selectelement_key pref through about:config.
Amsuke

Post by Amsuke »

dorando wrote:That menuitem is created during popupshowing and removed during popuphidden event, so MenuManipulator can't see or handle it.

If you want to change the shortcut edit the extensions.elemhidehelper.selectelement_key pref through about:config.

Odd. The item is always in the pulldown menus, so I wouldn't have thought its creation was anything special.

Well, thank you very much for looking into this, and for giving me an alternative solution. Excellent support, as always! :)
pohunohi

Post by pohunohi »

Hi, dorando. Thanks for the code. :D
How do I make a menu item such as display only the selected text, and was hidden on the page itself.

And one more question. As the editor MenuManipulator select and move multiple items?
dorando

Post by dorando »

pohunohi wrote:How do I make a menu item such as display only the selected text, and was hidden on the page itself.
To only show a menuitem if there is a selection, try

document.getElementById("__ID__").hidden =
!
gContextMenu.isContentSelected
pohunohi wrote:And one more question. As the editor MenuManipulator select and move multiple items?
It is currently not possible to move multiple items at once.
bazzacad

Post by bazzacad »

Hi thanks for the add-on, it's very good.
I have a small in-house add-on that I've written that only gets pushed out within my firm.
I was wondering if you could enlighten me on how I could incorporate a few of your features into my add-on.
All I want to do is override the "rename" command on the "folderPaneContext" & push that out to all my users.
I noticed that you've added this line to the "prefs.js"

user_pref("menumanipulator.chrome://messenger/content/messenger.xul", "Node(\"id('folderPaneContext-rename')\"); Set('label','TM Rename'); Set('oncommand','alert(\"Hello World!\");'); ");

How could I take this user_pref & incorporate it into my add-on without all the extra functionality of your add-on?

Thanks,
Barry
joshfeingold

Post by joshfeingold »

I love the add-on, but can't quite figure out how to integrate it with my application.

In Thunderbird (13.0.1), I am looking to be able to click on the From email (i.e. the sender) and have it open up Firefox, using that email address in a search query.

So for example if the sender is example@example.com, and I click on the From email, it would open Firefox and take it to the following URL:

https://www.example.com/lookup.php?q=ex ... xample.com

Can anyone help me setting up MM to do this please?

All the best,
Josh