MenuManipulator 20140526

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Magic

Post by Magic »

dorando,

is there a way to edit the bookmarks toolbar?
if not, will it be implemented in a next version if possible?
dorando

Post by dorando »

Magic wrote:is there a way to edit the bookmarks toolbar?
if not, will it be implemented in a next version if possible?
Note sure what you mean, but if you mean the context menu:
dorando wrote:Editing the Bookmarks Context Menu won't be supported by MenuManipulator as this menu is (re)generated on demand.
Magic

Post by Magic »

dorando,

I mean this toolbar (view, toolbars, bookmarks toolbar)

and yes I mean the context menu of that toolbar.
Will Pittenger

My changes to the Tools menu reset on their own.

Post by Will Pittenger »

I added SessionSaver and upgraded Customize Google recently. Could those have triggered the reset? Changing my menu back the way I had it had not effect. My changes mostly put all Extension commands into a special submenu (which survived with Translate still in there). Otherwise, there were just too many items in that menu and it took time to find something.

If one of the mentioned extensions is the culprit, please let the authors of that extension know. What is special about them that triggers the reset? If it is SessionSaver, I will dump them.
Will Pittenger
dorando

Re: My changes to the Tools menu reset on their own.

Post by dorando »

Will Pittenger wrote:Could those have triggered the reset?
Maybe.

Will Pittenger wrote:Changing my menu back the way I had it had not effect.
Something in the JavaScript Console ( set javascript.options.showInConsole to true in about:config )?

Will Pittenger wrote:If one of the mentioned extensions is the culprit, please let the authors of that extension know. What is special about them that triggers the reset? If it is SessionSaver, I will dump them.
This might have been caused by one of those things noted in the first post and wouldn't be a failure in those extensions.
shawn^

Post by shawn^ »

Is this extension no longer in development? I've been using menu editor the entire while and I just gave this ext a go. I prefer how much more "accessible" it is however its harder in hiding menu items. It allows me to make changes but it doesn't save them so its all resetted after closing and opening e browser.

It would be great if this ext had the ease and features of cmeditor :)
dorando

Post by dorando »

shawn^ wrote:Is this extension no longer in development?
MenuManipulator is still in active development.

shawn^ wrote:It allows me to make changes but it doesn't save them so its all resetted after closing and opening e browser.
Something in the JavaScript Console ( set javascript.options.showInConsole to true in about:config )?
wilcoxon

Updating for 1.5?

Post by wilcoxon »

Any timeframe on when this will be updated to work with Firefox 1.5?

Never mind. 1.5 accepted the install. The mirror sites list this as only working with 1.0-1.0+.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Most mirrors ignore the updateURL data and only list the data from the install.rdf.
Support mozilla.dorando.at through donations/contributions.
nightrat

Post by nightrat »

I modified the install.rdf of MenuManipulator (noxpath) for Nvu. It works without any problems.

Would you modify the min:version to 0.7 and the max:version to 1.0 for Nvu? So i can link this extension on the german website of Nvu.

Thanks.

Thorsten Fritz
dorando

Post by dorando »

nightrat wrote:Would you modify the min:version to 0.7 and the max:version to 1.0 for Nvu?
I won't support 0.7, and 1.0 already works due to the updateURL. IIRC app.extensions.version has always been 1.0 so it will likely work as is in 0.7.
dorando

Post by dorando »

20051223:
- Added a hack to make the bookmark menus in the Firefox tab bar editable
- Support for Unicode and Special characters
- Sunbird support
- Uses "pageshow" event (if available) to delay initialization for windows where "load" delaying wasn't possible
- Collapsing now works in the treeView
- Move actions now have fallbacks which will be used if the referenced menu item doesn't exist anymore
- Due to a bug in the core (see above), MenuManipulator adds an empty style attribute to newly created <menu>s
- Added sk-SK locale by <a href="http://www.slovaksoft.com/">SlovakSoft</a>
Recall

Post by Recall »

When I install this my bookmarks toolbar dissappears. Well its still there but I can't see my bookmarks.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0
dorando

Post by dorando »

Anything in the JavaScript Console ( set javascript.options.showInConsole to true in about:config )?
Support mozilla.dorando.at through donations/contributions.
juan abba

instructions to install it on thunderbird

Post by juan abba »

I think the “MenuManipulator for Applications without XPath support (Thunderbird, Nvu)” is the perfect solution for my problem using Thunderbird ( want to disable the ALL READ option ), which I hit accidentally some times with disastrous results.

But when I install MenuManipulator, it starts to work with Firefox, but is not installing on thunderbird

Pls give me the link were I can find he instructions to install it on thunderbird

Best regards
Juan abba