SeaFox - Development

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Frank Lion

Re: SeaFox - Development

Post by Frank Lion »

patrickjdempsey wrote:Hmmm. :-k

Change to button entry to 'Firefox 3 Toolbar Layout'.

With long queues, they always look for a quick way to reject. I seem to remember that you now cannot resubmit for full review for a couple of weeks. I had one like this, ages back, rejected on not supplying a 64x64 Preview icon, even though the 32 automatically was resized.

In time, you get used to it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Frank Lion wrote:In time, you get used to it.

No, in time I get fed up with it which is why I completely gave up on trying to get my extensions to pass a full review years ago.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
patrickjdempsey

Have updated the description of SeaFox on AMO and in the Support thread to reflect changes in 0.4 and to mention that a Firefox-style Theme is needed to complete the conversion. Because apparently that's not obvious from the screen shots.

And yes Frank, originally that button did say "Firefox 3 Toolbar Layout" but I changed it at some point... I never really settled on the best verbage for that.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Recently, I was made aware of the changes you made to the Tools Menu (including "Options" instead of Edit->Preferences). I was experimenting with a different profile today and noticed that you have removed "Switch Profile" from the Tools Menu. I looked all over for it. Did you move it or eliminate it? It was a handy command.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.1.0, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.10.0esr, Thunderbird 115.10.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:Recently, I was made aware of the changes you made to the Tools Menu (including "Options" instead of Edit->Preferences).

?

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:and noticed that you have removed "Switch Profile" from the Tools Menu

?

Where are you getting this stuff from? I'm using Sea Fox version 0.4 and see none of that.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Frank Lion wrote:
L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:Recently, I was made aware of the changes you made to the Tools Menu (including "Options" instead of Edit->Preferences).

?

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:and noticed that you have removed "Switch Profile" from the Tools Menu

?

Where are you getting this stuff from? I'm using Sea Fox version 0.4 and see none of that.

? 1) viewtopic.php?p=13951943#p13951943 Read down a little.

? 2) I have no "Switch Profile" in my Tools Menu. If I disable SeaFox, it returns (and Edit->Preferences does too).
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.1.0, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.10.0esr, Thunderbird 115.10.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
patrickjdempsey

All of the menu modifications are toggled by this preference:
extensions.seafox.components.disable
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

patrickjdempsey wrote:All of the menu modifications are toggled by this preference:

I thought that just disabled the link buttons on the left hand side of the status bar. I didn't realize it also modified the Tools Menu. Thanks for the explanation. I'll reverse that setting.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

patrickjdempsey wrote:All of the menu modifications are toggled by this preference:

Hmm...

- Hide SeaMonkey features (Mail, Editor, Addressbook, Web Navigation bar, menu entries):

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamon ... n/sea-fox/

...suggested to me that the menu entries being referred to were the Component bar entries, not some random menu entries that aren't mentioned anywhere else! :-k
patrickjdempsey

OK, have updated the listing:

- Hide SeaMonkey features (Mail, Editor, Addressbook, Web Navigation bar) and rearrange main menu:
patrickjdempsey

Aha! Have just solved the unified-back-forward button dropmarker! The next version of SeaFox will offer a unified back-forward button for the first time! The trick is that I've created a menu that invokes the same command as the Go (History) menu. Poof! It automatically populates it with history entries and the little dot that shows you where you are! Groovy! It will be up to Themes to properly support this change if they want the Firefox 3 "look". I'll also be updating the "Firefox toolbars" script to use this instead of the separate buttons. Now to put up all of the labels and such.
patrickjdempsey

Got all of that hooked up and working. The way I've implemented the unified back-forward buttons, it will not break anything when you disable Sea Fox, your old back and forward buttons will be right there waiting for you!

Unfortunately it appears to be very busted with Frank's themes. :(

Also, I've noticed that Alfred's themes are not compatible with current versions and are disabled. I guess he's too busy trying to keep up with Firefox changes. :(

Just noticed that the findbar now has a goofy animation. Next version of SeaFox will disable that mess.

Finally, I've decided to restore the Switch Profiles entry to the Tools menu because I do agree that it is a pretty nice feature to have on hand.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

patrickjdempsey wrote:Just noticed that the findbar now has a goofy animation. Next version of SeaFox will disable that mess.

I'm not noticing any animation associated with the Find Bar in my setup (current stable release 2.31). Do you mean on its opening and closing? I do notice that it slides up from the bottom.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
patrickjdempsey

Yup, it's sliding.

And I'm considering splitting the menubar modifications and the components disabling into two separate prefs.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

patrickjdempsey wrote:Yup, it's sliding.

And I'm considering splitting the menubar modifications and the components disabling into two separate prefs.

OK. I notice the sliding. Nice Idea about separating the menu bar mods and components. Would it be easy to have the find bar at the top? I have Classic Theme Restorer in FX and have the find bar at the top, I kind of like it up there. No big deal though, I don't use it that often.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security