SendTools ( for TB ) ver 0.4.0 is available

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
riowong

Post by riowong »

Unless there's an TB extension that can modify timestamp to 1.5 hr ago, I can't 'edit as new' to recreate it to send it out at once.

I'd reload TB, and retry many times to 'send unsent message', but it stays still there. I create a new test mail and click send later. I try again 'send unsent message', but no luck.

Pls help!!
riowong

Post by riowong »

Hi ausdilecce, I found SendTool 0.4.0 schedule is still working fine, while 'send unsent message' is really not working, and all those mails in 'later' folder are freezed inside.
riowong

Post by riowong »

Well, I'd use HeaderTool to resend it with a correct date. But all mails inside 'late' are still freezed. Send Later button seems becoming a door leading to the black hole.
riowong

Post by riowong »

I found a problem about SendTool. Whenever I have Ctrl+S to save an edited mail and then click Send button, the mail will put to 'later' folder without sending out permanently. However when I haven't Ctrl+S to save the edited mail, and directly click Send button, the mail will be put to 'Unsent Message' folder and will be sent out at once.
riowong

Post by riowong »

Hi ausdilecce, I found that when I load TB, TB rarely asks me if I'm willing to send out Unsent Message when there's an mail suspended in the 'later' folder for days. I'd load/unload/reload TB for many many times in these several days. I remember I'd answered once for the same question to No for not sending out the only one Unsent Message in the 'later' folder. Now I've just answered Yes, and it's been sent out. Anyway the 'later' folder is very unstable, and I really daren't to use it. Just let you know, and thanks for the extension. :)
Old Ausdilecce

Post by Old Ausdilecce »

OK, I had some time and looked at the code...

:oops: a little typo made the send unsent messages code not work correctly - sorry

Please get the fixed version from www.supportware.net/mozilla/SendTools.xpi
riowong

Post by riowong »

Thanks, I'm trying. ;)
riowong

Post by riowong »

I've just click send later for a test mail to myself and reload TB. Is it normal that the mail in the 'later' folder won't be asked to send out in this manner?
Old Ausdilecce

Post by Old Ausdilecce »

Yes, that is normal..

Any messages in the 'later' folder will stay there indefinately or until you select the 'send unsent messages' menu option, whichever comes first :)
riowong

Post by riowong »

Thanks ausdilecce so much. It works great! :)
golden322

Still running into bugs

Post by golden322 »

I'm still having a lot of trouble with SendTools. If I am offline and write emails to be sent later (CNTRL-SHIFT-Enter), they get stored in the Unsent Msgs Folder. Then I have a lot of trouble sending them. It won't send them automatically. And when I drag the individual emails to the Scheduled folder, only a couple will send out, and then none will. And any email I write subsequently goes automatically to the Unsent MSgs folder. I have to uninstall and then reinstall SendTools to get it to work right.

Any help on this?

Avi
riowong

Post by riowong »

upgrade to the latest SendTools.
Old Ausdilecce

Post by Old Ausdilecce »

golden322,

The extension was not really designed to work with people manually moving messages from one folder to another...

While in offline mode, pressing ctrl-shift-enter in a compose window *should* deposit the message in the /pending/later folder
The user sends the messages that are in the \pending\later folder by clicking file...send unsent messages

The \pending\scheduled folder should only be holding messages that were sent with the 'send at' box ticked
golden322

Send Unsent Msgs

Post by golden322 »

Whenever I click on the "Send Unsent Msgs" option, nothing happens. No mail is sent, no msgs are moved from one place to another. Could there be a conflict with another extension I have installed? Has anyone else run into this?

avi
riowong

Post by riowong »

Has you upgraded to the latest version 0.4.1?