Session Exporter - can someone pick it up and fix it?

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
SteveH_66

Session Exporter - can someone pick it up and fix it?

Post by SteveH_66 »

There is an extension that seems to be abandoned. It is Session Exporter. The link to it is https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... n-exporter if anyone wants to take a quick look. I found it to be an extremely useful extension.

There has been no work on it in over a year, and the extension developer is not answering any emails. I have also not seen any posts to cries for help in it's extension post here on the board. It doesn't work in newer versions of Firefox, I think after ver 48 or so.

It is GPL licensed, so I wouldn't think there would be a problem with someone taking up it's development or re-releasing it.

It may be a fairly simple fix for someone who knows what they are doing with extension development. So I was hoping some developers could take a quick look at it and see if they could figure out where it is broken - and maybe fix it if it isn't too much trouble.

I would try to do it myself, but I don't know much about extension development or programming or any of that. As I said though, it is a very useful extension, I used it all the time for exporting a list of tabs (with their history if you desired) to an HTML file. Then you could just click on whatever 'tab' you wanted to reopen.

You can get similar functionality, in some ways, with Session Saver but they work somewhat differently. Anyway I hope someone will take up this very useful extension and bring it back to life. Thanks
fsharpn00b

Re: Session Exporter - can someone pick it up and fix it?

Post by fsharpn00b »

Hi SteveH, I apologize for my slow reply as it's been a rather hectic year. I was able to reproduce the issue you describe and I have posted a new version of Session Exporter (0.17) that fixes it. Please let me know if you have any issues with the new version.

Also, I've posted the source code to Github. Anyone who would like to tinker with it and post their own version is welcome to do so.

Thank you!