What add-ons will be updated to use Web Extensions?

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
streetwolf

What add-ons will be updated to use Web Extensions?

Post by streetwolf »

Like myself, many of you rely on add-ons that you just can't live without. With the forthcoming Web Extensions I was wondering what add-ons will be updated to work with WE. Perhaps there is already a list like this and if so please provide the link. If not, I would like to see what add-ons will exist or not exist in the near WE future.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
DanRaisch

Re: What add-ons will be updated to use Web Extensions?

Post by DanRaisch »

That would be up to the individual extension developers. If there is a list somewhere, it would only be as complete as those authors chose to make it and could easily change before the implementation of the new system.
streetwolf

Re: What add-ons will be updated to use Web Extensions?

Post by streetwolf »

I was hoping in lieu of a list somewhere else that the developers can post here what there intent is as far as supporting WE for their add-ons. I know one developer who has already re-written their add-ons to run with WE. I'm currently running with that add-on and reporting problems I've encountered. As this developer pointed out to me not all the APIs are available yet and there might not be any to accomplish current functions in their add-ons.

I think it would be informational to have a sticky about add-ons and WE. I think active developers at this point have a fairly good idea whether they can re-write their add-ons for WE or not. As the sticky rolls along developers will undoubtedly have more information about WE and can state with certainty or uncertainty if they will be re-writing their add-ons.

For those add-ons that I deem a necessity I would be willing to make a donation above any recommenced one to further their cause in converting over to WE.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro