Addon Bar Multiprocess

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Nehemoth

Addon Bar Multiprocess

Post by Nehemoth »

Would be possible to someone to folk the The Addon Bar (Restored) to add multiprocess or can someone create a new webextension Add on to accomplish this neat feature?

Best regards
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

— Leonardo da Vinci
nohamelin

Re: Addon Bar Multiprocess

Post by nohamelin »

That is a thing not possible with WebExtensions; but, given that the add-on doesn't deal with web content at all I think that the add-on is already multiprocess-compatible but simply it has not been marked as such.
Nehemoth

Post by Nehemoth »

nohamelin wrote:That is a thing not possible with WebExtensions; but, given that the add-on doesn't deal with web content at all I think that the add-on is already multiprocess-compatible but simply it has not been marked as such.
I've never understood why Mozilla remove this part of Firefox, sometimes looks like Mozilla was only copying Chrome.
What I like most about Firefox, will always be the level of customization.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

— Leonardo da Vinci
lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

A WebExtensions addon will never be able to re-create the addon bar. That is pretty much the exact reason why WebExtensions is being introduced, to stop addon developers doing anything useful ... err, I meant potentially dangerous, to Firefox. It may be time for you to look for a different browser.