Issues with the Context Menu Image Saver Add-On

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Zero3K

Issues with the Context Menu Image Saver Add-On

Post by Zero3K »

Its not working properly in Pale Moon. I've noticed the following things while using it:

1. The context menu items that can be made in its Settings for saving images to folder(s) don't work.
2. It pops up an error stating that I didn't set the previous download directory when using the Ctrl + Right-Click shortcut for quickly saving an image even though I did set the proper option in about:config (which is extensions.cmis@moongiraffe.net.previousSaveAsDirectory).

You can get the extension being mentioned by going to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... age-saver/. Its source code can be found at https://github.com/choobin/cmis.
Brummelchen

Re: Issues with the Context Menu Image Saver Add-On

Post by Brummelchen »

please go to the palemoon forum as they can help best, there is nothing this FIREFOX forum can do for you.
Zero3K

Post by Zero3K »

I thought I would at least try posting here since I also posted there.
Zero3K

Post by Zero3K »

It works now thanks to a user on Pale Moon's forums offering a patch that gets it to work on the mentioned browser but requires an entry to be added to the settings dialog box for it and that entry used for the quick save shortcut to work properly. I was hoping that it could be made to where entering in a directory to the extensions.cmis@moongiraffe.net.previousSaveAsDirectory option in about:config would get the shortcut to work properly. Also, it would be nice if it could also use Ctrl+Left-Click instead of Ctrl+Right-Click and ignore any javascript that is used by the image (such as one where the tab is closed when the image is clicked on). Maybe someone in here can implement those two changes.