Move Contact to Address Book From Email Reading Pane

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
fsr76

Move Contact to Address Book From Email Reading Pane

Post by fsr76 »

I am using Thunderbird version 68.8.0 on Windows 10.

When I hover over the sender's name in the Reading Pane, I see a few buttons and some info related to the contact. Is there any way to edit what's displayed on the hover?

Also, If the contact is not in an address book, I see a '+' , which when clicked, I have the ability to add contact info and select the address book to put the contact in.

However, if the contact is already in an address book, I see a 'pencil' button to edit the contact. However, when editing the contact from the pop-up window that appears when clicking on the pencil, I am not able to move the contact to a different address book. I can only edit contact info within various tabs.

Is there a setting that would allow me to move the contact to a new address book in the popup after clicking on the pencil button?

Also, is there anyway to display in the reading pane whether the contact exists in an address book and which address book they are in?

Would anyone be interested in developing an Extension to allow this when clicking on the Pencil to Edit a Contact if not a simple setting change?

DM me if you can develop such an extension with a quote please. Reply if it's just changing a few developer settings in Thunderbird.

Thank you.

-Fred
DanRaisch

Re: Move Contact to Address Book From Email Reading Pane

Post by DanRaisch »

Is there any way to edit what's displayed on the hover?
Is there a setting that would allow me to move the contact to a new address book in the popup after clicking on the pencil button?
is there anyway to display in the reading pane whether the contact exists in an address book and which address book they are in?
As far as I am aware, none of those functions are available in a standard installation of Thunderbird. Have you looked through the extensions available on this site to see if anything useful to you is available? https://addons.thunderbird.net/EN-uS/th ... xtensions/
fsr76

Post by fsr76 »

DanRaisch wrote:
Is there any way to edit what's displayed on the hover?
is there anyway to display in the reading pane whether the contact exists in an address book and which address book they are in?
As far as I am aware, none of those functions are available in a standard installation of Thunderbird. Have you looked through the extensions available on this site to see if anything useful to you is available? https://addons.thunderbird.net/EN-uS/th ... xtensions/

I haven’t found an extension that provides the features mentioned above.

I use the address books to place contacts into Sales categories, such as Opportunity, Opportunity won, Opportunity Lost, etc. And other categories as necessary.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I use the address books to place contacts into Sales categories, such as Opportunity, Opportunity won, Opportunity Lost, etc. And other categories as necessary.
At this time, given what is available in Thunderbird, I'm afraid that may have to be a two step process.
fsr76

Post by fsr76 »

DanRaisch wrote:
At this time, given what is available in Thunderbird, I'm afraid that may have to be a two step process.
I had previously used the Contact Tab extension but the developer stopped development on it.

How would it work as a two-step process?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Just add any new addresses to an address book and then open the address book window and make whatever changes are necessary to maintain the system you have established.
fsr76

Post by fsr76 »

DanRaisch wrote:Just add any new addresses to an address book and then open the address book window and make whatever changes are necessary to maintain the system you have established.
That has been my current solution. However, it lacks the efficiency that I’m looking for.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Definitely. But it may be all that is available at this time.