Tab Mix PLUS 0.2.4 available [08/22/05]

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
CPU

Post by CPU »

yeh i havent gotten a chance to add options for them later, it willl be in the next minor update
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051114 Firefox/1.5 - Build ID: 2005111403
Morac

Post by Morac »

There is a security risk with default settings for the "links with target attribute ..." feature. When "xpi" is added to that list, the normal whitelist checking that Firefox 1.0.6 does when the user tries to install an extension is disabled. So either the warning bar at the top will never display, or it will display but the extension will be allowed to install anyway.

"xpi" should probably not be in the default list. A better idea would be to strip it out if it is added manually by the user.
squeaky

Post by squeaky »

I have the download extensions window showing up a second time after the download has been done.

I'm aware that there's a similar Deerpark problem - but there's a thread in Mozilla Firefox forum where the one common factor is Tab Mix

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=305264
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." Calvin & Hobbes
facted

Post by facted »

Yea, I am running nightlies, so that's probably where it came from. It would be great if it could be removed via TMP in a future release, but it's def. not an emergency.
pile0nades

Post by pile0nades »

Morac wrote:There is a security risk with default settings for the "links with target attribute ..." feature. When "xpi" is added to that list, the normal whitelist checking that Firefox 1.0.6 does when the user tries to install an extension is disabled. So either the warning bar at the top will never display, or it will display but the extension will be allowed to install anyway.

"xpi" should probably not be in the default list. A better idea would be to strip it out if it is added manually by the user.

Confirmed. I tried this with extensionsmirror.nl. I removed it from the list of sites allowed to install software, clicked an Install link and the install dialog came up. When I turned off the DTFD feature and clicked it again, Firefox blocked it.
Linkify bug numbers - test: bug 258287
PTS

Re: Locked & Protect Status

Post by PTS »

pile0nades wrote:
PTS wrote:CPU & Oneman:

Good job with all the changes in the latest revision of TMP.

I am using TMP 0.2.4 and Firefox 1.06.

Here is a minor bug:
-Right click on the web page to view the web Page context menu, select both the Protect and Lock options.
-Right click the tab bar to view that context menu notice that the Protect and Lock options are not checked though they are in the web page menu.

I cannot reproduce this bug. They are checked in both menus for me.

Thanks for testing this. I solved the bug by creating a new profile and re-installing all extensions. All is fine now.

I have Freeze Tab hidden on both menus because there are times when I will use one option (Lock or Protect) without the other and don't want to take up space on the menus with a redundant option that only saves two mouse clicks.
CPU

Post by CPU »

thanks for the report on the xpi,
ill have to work on it and perhaps remove it in the next version
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051114 Firefox/1.5 - Build ID: 2005111403
sean345

Post by sean345 »

When I open another tab after starting firefox (the original is not shown on tab bar by options when I start) it starts out by opening the tab with both tabs very small and then they expand. I have noticed twice (once on Windows, once on Linux) that occassionally they do not expand and stay really small - approximately 10 px long. I do not have set to content width option enabled either.

I have not been able to reproduce this though and they both seemed to be very random.

- Sean
onemen

Post by onemen »

CPU in the latest trunk typeof(Sanitizer) == "undefined" not "function"
so the check in some of the code for trunk or 1.0.6 is failed in (tabmix.xml .... and more).

i'v didn't try the branch

u need to change the code for chack user version of firefox.
jasonhk

Post by jasonhk »

i have a idea,

when i open a lot of tabs in the short time,
i hope the tabs mix plus can load the first open tabs first,
delay the other tabs, don't load them,
whem the first tabs is loaded, the load the second tabs....
because i hope firefox can spend all the CPU usage to one tabs first,
one by one to load them,

i think it is more effective than load all the tabs at the same time, it is the Time Sharing.

it is possible and useful ?:-)
Lost User 112043

Post by Lost User 112043 »

Hi,
I'm using tmp 0.2.4 and I've currently having 2 problems which I also had with the previous version I was using (0.2.3 something).
The first problem is that searchs from the search tab won't open in new windows and the second is that the "closed tab list" won't always show the tabs I can undo, although pressing "undo close tab" will undo the tabs...

Thanks
apachedude

Post by apachedude »

Nice implementation of the F9 button to switch between Last Selected and Right tab after tab close event. I'm sure many people understand why it's useful.

I think you can do one better though, but it's a bit more complicated. It's something like this:
- Default the action to Last Selected
_ However, if one has previously opened up new tabs in the background, change the action to Right
- This lasts until one moves the focus to another tab.

In other words, the appropriate tab is Last Selected to begin. On a tab open event, change the action to Right. On a change tab focus event (one in which you actually scroll through the tabs, not merely changing focus by closing the tab), change the action to Last Selected.

Is it possible to implement this?
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

I don't know if DPa2 has a problem or maybe something changed that affected TMP 0.2.4, but wit todays build on 'Branch' 2005082608 pages will not load fully. If I recall, TMP had that problem a while back, and was changed to correct. Now perhaps whatever change was added then, needs to be removed now?

Could one of the TMP guru's look? I did not discover this till late and did not have to time to see if any JS Console errors were being generated, but TMP seemed to be working OK for the functions I used, its just that pages would not fully load.

See this thread for sites :
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=310474
onemen

Post by onemen »

Littlemutt replace

Code: Select all

if (typeof(Sanitizer) == 'undefined')
in tabmix.xul and tabmix.xml with

Code: Select all

if (typeof(SanitizeListener) == 'undefined')
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

Thanks onemen, will do that tomorrow...