Tab Mix PLUS 0.2.4 available [08/22/05]

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Recall

Post by Recall »

Geting a JS eror that is filling up my logs preventing favicons loading on tabs, disabling tabmix fixes it.

Error: this.mTabBrowser.loadFavIcon is not a function
Source File: chrome://tabmix/content/tab/tabmix.xml
Line: 586
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0
CPU

Post by CPU »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051114 Firefox/1.5 - Build ID: 2005111403
20LEgend

Post by 20LEgend »

RadioactiveMan wrote:You can do this with the keyconfig extension. AFAIK there isn't a way to do it directly.

thanks. was about to install keyconfig extension,
but the author of AIOS has released a new version which solves the conflict.
Recall

Post by Recall »

CPU wrote:did u try this link?
http://tmp.gary.elixant.com/beta/tabmix.xpi

Yeah sorry I posted this late last night before i went to bed. Errors are fixed with that version. :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0
ghingy

Post by ghingy »

CPU,

I mentioned this before but maybe you missed it. There seems to be a bug with TaxMix from the 082805 branch build onwards. Under Option-> Appearance, when you select 'Show tabbar at all times', and then restart Firefox, all your customised icons get resetted and the Adblock Plus and Search Bar icon goes missing. I have included a screenshot to show what i mean. http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/818/screen5pg.jpg

Also, to reproduce this bug, you need to have the ImageZoom extension installed
http://www.projects1.com/firefox/exthac ... 050504.xpi

Hope this helps
Cheers!
The website said IE5 or better. So I installed Firefox.
Terpfen

Post by Terpfen »

I get a similar "Show tab bar at all times" bug. Most of my toolbars disappear, and Compact Menu disappears. Using the latest branch nightly (20050830) on WinXP with the Safire theme. Also using the latest TMP beta (http://tmp.gary.elixant.com/beta/tabmix.xpi).

Before enabling "Show tab bar at all times:" http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/6173/before0ov.jpg

After enabling: http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/4061/after3ui.jpg
CPU

Post by CPU »

if you set browser.tabs.autoHide to false in a clean profile, does this still happen
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051114 Firefox/1.5 - Build ID: 2005111403
Terpfen

Post by Terpfen »

CPU wrote:if you set browser.tabs.autoHide to false in a clean profile, does this still happen

Yes it does.
CPU

Post by CPU »

hmm seems like a firefox bug then
johann_p

Post by johann_p »

Could I make a featuer request here?

The extension provides an option to always save the open tabs on exit. I usually do not want this, but there are sometimes occasions where I would like to deliberately save the current tabs before exiting.

So would it be possible to add e.g. options like "save tabs as ..." / "load tabs from ..." into the tab bar's context menu?
That would make it possible not only to decide when to save the layout, but also to have a couple of different working layouts available from which to choose for a continuation of previous work.

What do you think?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”
dgrimm1

Post by dgrimm1 »

johann_p wrote:Could I make a featuer request here?

The extension provides an option to always save the open tabs on exit. I usually do not want this, but there are sometimes occasions where I would like to deliberately save the current tabs before exiting.

So would it be possible to add e.g. options like "save tabs as ..." / "load tabs from ..." into the tab bar's context menu?
That would make it possible not only to decide when to save the layout, but also to have a couple of different working layouts available from which to choose for a continuation of previous work.

What do you think?

The next version of Tab Mix PLUS (currently under development) will add "session saving" capabilities that should give you a lot of what you want and more...
BigAlGeorge

Post by BigAlGeorge »

[quote=The next version of Tab Mix PLUS (currently under development) will add "session saving" capabilities that should give you a lot of what you want and more...[/quote]
Just a bit worried about this one because often when I start FF it brings up tabs from some time back. This seems to happen after a windows shutdown eg I suspect that it is FF not writing last tabs on close. If I close FF then restart the last session tabs to get remembered OK.
What I am saying is that it does not seem to be a TMP problem, rather the restore tabs is flakey due to windows shutdown not allowing FF to write all settings prior to closure.
Cheers,
Alistair+
onemen

Post by onemen »

BigAlGeorge .. indeed current vesion of "session saving" sometimes brings up tabs from some time back...

i'v fix that bug in the new version of session saving
Totus

Post by Totus »

Hi,
Has anyone encountered a problem with restore tab session option of the newest TMP? It saves randomly only 5 or less tabs. I need to know if this is a common bug or other thing (I am not using ANY other extensions so this is not the case. I haven't been using SessionsSaver also...).