New Extension: Restart Firefox

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Luana

Post by Luana »

jedbro wrote:Done :)

RestartFirefox 0.3.

New in version 0.3:
  • Added toolbar icon
  • New Icon
  • Added Settings to remove confirmation dialog.

I noticed that you created the locale structure :D
So, maybe can it be interesting for you if some translator proposes his/her localization?
Please, let me know

Thanks
kjmatthews

Post by kjmatthews »

Ack! Installing this extension made my vertical scrolling with the mousewheel go away, and broke Sage.

I should clarify: my vertical scrolling with the mousewheel and Sage were broken; uninstalling this extension brought them back. Has anyone had a similar issue?
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

kjmatthews wrote:Ack! Installing this extension made my vertical scrolling with the mousewheel go away, and broke Sage.

I should clarify: my vertical scrolling with the mousewheel and Sage were broken; uninstalling this extension brought them back. Has anyone had a similar issue?

I don't think that is possible. The only thing this extension does is overlay itself and provide quick access to something that is already in the API. There is nothing in there that could break sage and even less scrolling.

Are you sure this is the culprit?

Mr. E wrote:I guess I wasn't the only one that created this extension today. I guess I'll scrape it then.

Don't scrape it!!!
Chances are yours might be better than mine.
As for the icon issue, I just noticed that. What's wierd is I have the exact same style sheet for my other extension that use a toolbarbutton and this doesn't happen... not sure what's going on.

Cheers
-Jed
Jus

Post by Jus »

Can you add it this to the extension manager?
Recall

Post by Recall »

WOW, great work I have been wanting this for such a long time! Excellent work mate :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0
Static_Nexus

Post by Static_Nexus »

any chance anyone can do a 1.0.6 version of this? or make it backwards compatible?
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

StaticRage wrote:any chance anyone can do a 1.0.6 version of this? or make it backwards compatible?

No, sorry. First off I wouldn't even want to try coding something like this for 1.0.6, secondly, in very little time the 1.0.x branch will be obsolete and not worth maintaining the extension for it. Sorry :( I realize at work or a university you might be stuck with 1.0.x.

Jus wrote:Can you add it this to the extension manager?

Maybe, I'll look into it. I'll only do it if I can make it look nice and non obstusive (and play nice with other Extension Manager Extensions).

Cheers
-Jed
Mr. E

Post by Mr. E »

Hey Jed,
I've added a button into the "Extension Manager" and so far it looks nice and works well with other "Extension Manager" extensions. If you want, I could post it.
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

Mr. E.
That would be awesome!
Thanks so much.

-Jed

*edit* I respun the 0.3 version, and fixed the Customize Toolbar issue incase anyone is completly annoyed by that issue :D.
The fix however won't make it on UMO until the next version.
Static_Nexus

Post by Static_Nexus »

jedbro wrote:No, sorry. First off I wouldn't even want to try coding something like this for 1.0.6, secondly, in very little time the 1.0.x branch will be obsolete and not worth maintaining the extension for it. Sorry :( I realize at work or a university you might be stuck with 1.0.x.

Cheers
-Jed

is it harder to code in 1.0.6 or something?
RaiseMachine

Post by RaiseMachine »

StaticRage wrote:
jedbro wrote:No, sorry. First off I wouldn't even want to try coding something like this for 1.0.6, secondly, in very little time the 1.0.x branch will be obsolete and not worth maintaining the extension for it. Sorry :( I realize at work or a university you might be stuck with 1.0.x.

Cheers
-Jed

is it harder to code in 1.0.6 or something?

I know you've just joined us but please read previous posts... ;)
I answered a similar question earlier in this thread, ie why this is harder to code for 1.0.6.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 03#1752303
"Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit... unnatural ?" - Bill Hicks
"Money is the Schrodinger's Cat of economics." - Robert Anton Wilson
"It's not a bug, it's two features having a fight in the pub car-park." - Me
Static_Nexus

Post by Static_Nexus »

ah sorry... ok took a deep breathe n moved to 1.5 at the expense of loosing a few extensions :'(
RaiseMachine

Post by RaiseMachine »

StaticRage wrote:ah sorry... ok took a deep breathe n moved to 1.5 at the expense of loosing a few extensions :'(

No problem, most of us here have had that experience with upgrading FF, you're not alone. :)
"Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit... unnatural ?" - Bill Hicks
"Money is the Schrodinger's Cat of economics." - Robert Anton Wilson
"It's not a bug, it's two features having a fight in the pub car-park." - Me
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

Hi Jed,

Could you fix these CSS errors:

Code: Select all

Error: Expected color but found 'none'.  Error in parsing value for property 'background-color'.  Declaration dropped.
Source File: chrome://restartfirefox/skin/restartfirefox.css
Line: 31
Error: Error in parsing value for property 'opacity'.  Declaration dropped.
Line: 23

as well as fix the

a=Components.interfaces.nsIAppStartup,Components.classes["@mozilla.org/toolkit/app-startup;1"].
getService(a).quit(a.eRestart | a.eAttemptQuit);

(which I used to reduce the length of the string). Use instead this:

var appStartup = Components.interfaces.nsIAppStartup;
Components.classes["@mozilla.org/toolkit/app-startup;1"]
          .getService(appStartup).quit(appStartup.eRestart | appStartup.eAttemptQuit);

Also, avoid including the global skin (<?xml-stylesheet href="chrome://global/skin/" type="text/css"?>) in overlays.
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

asqueella wrote:Hi Jed,

Could you fix these CSS errors:

Error: Expected color but found 'none'.  Error in parsing value for property 'background-color'.  Declaration dropped.
Line: 31
Error: Error in parsing value for property 'opacity'.  Declaration dropped.
Line: 23

Hey Nick!!
Yeah, sure.

asqueella wrote:as well as fix the

var appStartup = Components.interfaces.nsIAppStartup;
Components.classes["@mozilla.org/toolkit/app-startup;1"]
          .getService(appStartup).quit(appStartup.eRestart | appStartup.eAttemptQuit);

Sure, can do as well.

asqueella wrote:Also, avoid including the global skin (<?xml-stylesheet href="chrome://global/skin/" type="text/css"?>) in overlays.

Yeah, sorry I normally try and not to do that, must have slipped in there from one of my templates.

Thank so much, and sorry for the css errors, this was a quick hack job, didn't look for errors or code very nicely :(.

-Jed

*Edit*
Done. version 0.3.1 has your fixes. Thanks Nick!