New extension: Tab Sidebar 1.0 (Firefox 1.5b1 upwards)

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Zagin

Post by Zagin »

the height of the preview should be no longer then the width of the preview or course, that is why a taked about a scroll bar inside the preview in my earlier post.

i was hoping that the site's "left and right edge" in the preview could be visible even if they are not in the main view.

but its not a big deal, the focus of this extension is to show tabs, not surf in split screen. =)

[edit]

i meant something like this: (the scroll bars are the bold black lines)

Jus

Post by Jus »

Ok, I checked. It's a conflict with toolbar enhancements extension. I get these two errors concerning tabsidebar in JConsole.

Warning: trailing comma is not legal in ECMA-262 object initializers
Source File: chrome://tabsidebar/content/sidebar.js
Line: 105
Source Code:
}

Warning: function getPreviewForBrowser does not always return a value
Source File: chrome://tabsidebar/content/tabpreviews.xml
Line: 417, Column: 7
Source Code:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8 ) Gecko/20051026 Firefox/1.5
Jus

Post by Jus »

Does drag/drop rearranging tabs work right for you guys? Tabs at the bottom(with scroll bar activated) jump right up when you try to rearange them.
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

Jus wrote:Does drag/drop rearranging tabs work right for you guys? Tabs at the bottom(with scroll bar activated) jump right up when you try to rearange them.

Yeah sorry this is a known issue. The next version will fix it just as soon as I can figure out how to handle the scrollbar a bit more effectivly.

Mossop
Alfred Kayser

Post by Alfred Kayser »

The tabsidebar works perfectly! Well, almost, the colours seems to be swapped. The preview show red where the original page shows blue (and vice versa). May be a matter of RGB versus BGR swappage?
Alfred Kayser

Post by Alfred Kayser »

Tabsidebar works perfectly!
Well, allmost. The colours seems to be swapped from the original page to the preview (RGB -> BGR).
This is happening on: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051107 Firefox/1.5.

Image to show the effect

Note the blue blocks in the forum, which red in the preview,
and notice the blue faces in the ibm picture (no pun intended ;-))
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

Alfred Kayser wrote:Tabsidebar works perfectly!
Well, allmost. The colours seems to be swapped from the original page to the preview (RGB -> BGR).
This is happening on: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051107 Firefox/1.5.

Image to show the effect

Note the blue blocks in the forum, which red in the preview,
and notice the blue faces in the ibm picture (no pun intended ;-))

Thta is quite a strange effect indeed. I have my suspicions about what it might be and maybe the next release will solve it. If you still have problems with it then then I will dig a little deeper. Unfortuatly due to work I will probably not get the next release out until next week sometime :(

I have to thank everyone who has contacted me with suggestions for the sidebar. Im afraid Ive been overwhelmed with suggestions since Asa posted a link to it on his blog. I have read every suggestion and many are getting implemented, but I have been unable to reply individually to them all.

Mossop
brutal

Post by brutal »

Great plugin!
However, the "Hide the tab bar"-pref doesn't seem to work here.. (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051025 Firefox/1.5)
Jus

Post by Jus »

brutal, what other extensions are you using? There might be conflicts(it conflicts with toolbar enhancements for example).

You don't need to reply to everyone mossop. Keep up the good work. :)
brutal

Post by brutal »

Jus wrote:brutal, what other extensions are you using? There might be conflicts(it conflicts with toolbar enhancements for example).

Actually I did a fresh Firefox-install just to try this plugin ;)
I use Camino as my default browser, but this plugin is about to convert me back to Firefox.

Keep up the good work, mossop !!
Alfred Kayser

Post by Alfred Kayser »

The colors mixup happens when the display is configured to 16bits colours, in 32bit mode works fine.
(My thinkpad switches to 16bit colors in battery mode)
Terpfen

Post by Terpfen »

Excellent extension. We need more like these.

There are two features I'd like to see included:
1) The ability to use Tab Sidebar as the default tab view, instead of having to open it via a toolbar button or the View menu.
2) The ability to decide if the sidebar opens on the left or right side of the browser. As it stands, if I have Tab Sidebar open, but decide to open Sage (which loads in a sidebar of its own), Tab Sidebar closes, the regular tab row re-opens, and Sage displays in place of Tab Sidebar.

Thanks for developing this!
brutal

Post by brutal »

Terpfen wrote:1) The ability to use Tab Sidebar as the default tab view, instead of having to open it via a toolbar button or the View menu.

You can do this already.
Recall

Post by Recall »

How long before scrolling is enabled? Love the extension btw!

Oh and this extension works great with it btw

http://www.krickelkrackel.de/tabscrolle ... erhelp.htm
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0
brutal

Post by brutal »

Does anyone know how to hide the tab-bar by force (through usercontent.css or userchrome.css maybe?)

The "hide tab bar while sidebar is open"-setting doesn't work on OSX, and I really don't need two tab-bars :(