New extension: Tab Sidebar 1.0 (Firefox 1.5b1 upwards)

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

brutal wrote:This doesn't seem to work on a fresly installed Firefox 1.5.

This is not a problem with my extension. Chances are you have messed around with your firefox and set the preference app.extensions.version in about:config to something less than 1.4.

Mossop
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

Hot on the heels of the final Firefox 1.5 release I have a new version of Tab Sidebar for you, version 1.0b4. This has over 30 bug fixes and improvements to it's name and while still not quite ready for it's first full release it is close to the feature set now.

For those who have been having trouble with the shortcut key to open the sidebar, there is a second shortcut key, Ctrl-Shift-E for you. The options have been cut down with the most common settings already in place then just a few settings to adjust those.

If you have any particular problems then you can let me know here, but preferably try filing a bug report on my bugzilla.

Thanks for all your support and suggestions over the past month, sorry I wasn't able to get back to everyone personally.

Mossop
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

Finally version 1.0 of Tab Sidebar is released. This contains a large number of usability and bug fixes making the sidebar usable from the keyboard and work properly in rtl languages. Also included are a number of localisations.

Key new feature for 1.0 is that the previews are now updated in response to a page change, not just on a continuous change.

Mossop
shawn^

Post by shawn^ »

Recall wrote:For some reason this extension does not work with ANY of the of the optimised third party builds. Any ideas?

It works on mmoy's
Old ehbien

Post by Old ehbien »

I have All in One Sidebar installed. How does Tab Sidebar interact w/ it? Sorry if this is a dumb newbie ? -- didn't see an answer on the extension's homepage.
Pasqui

Post by Pasqui »

I use AiOS 0.6.1 and Tab Sidebar 1.0 without any problem so far.
Old ehbien

Post by Old ehbien »

Thanks Pasqui!!
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

I did quite a lot of work with this release of Tab Sidebar to try to resolve any incompatibilities between it and All In One Sidebar so I hope it should all work fine. But since Im not a regular user of AIOS please let me know if you come across any problems I may have missed.

Mossop
shawn^

Post by shawn^ »

I just have one suggestion.

Could u pls add an icon to the tabbar (identical to the open new tab or close tab buttons). This would make switching between tabbar only & sidebar only easy.

tks.