digger extention doesnt work for user

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Cattwins

digger extention doesnt work for user

Post by Cattwins »

I installed digger extention last night and it will only work for root. I installed it as root because when I tried installing as a user I got a "you cant do that because you dont have enough permissions" message (that is not the exact message) Any how, the extention shows up in the Themes and Extentions tab under preferences but there isnt a button.

What to do?

PS --digger does work as root
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

chmod

Search the Phoenix forums for help on identifying what to chmod.
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files
Cattwins

Post by Cattwins »

Thanks for the info. However, didnt help.

What are the permissions supposed to be? I did the chmod -R a+rX for the /usr/lib/phoenix and it still didnt do anything. The extion doesnt show up in View>Toolbars>Customize portion but the extion is listed under the Tools>Preferences>Themes and Extentions tab.

I guess it is not that important. The rest of the browser works.

C
hr824

re: digger doesn't run as user

Post by hr824 »

I have found the resolution to your problem. Go to /usr/lib/phoenix/chrome/. If you have digger installed, you should see a digger.jar file in this directory. As root run the command "chmod 644 digger.jar". Then restart phoenix and you'll have access to digger!
Cattwins

Post by Cattwins »

Hey Thanks for the suggestion...however, I did try that and it didnt work either. I have tried deleting the whole .phoenix directory from my home directory and it didnt help either.

However, I did deleted my .java folder and I think that maybe that helped because I suddenly have the digger extention working. Go figure. I am not sure if that was it exactly but since it was the only other thing that I had not tried before and did try this time I am guessing that is the thing.

Thanks for the help

C
AkiAki007

Post by AkiAki007 »

You should also check to see if the proper permissions are on the phoenix directory - rather, where the extension files are located. You might not have had permission on the directories (even if the files are correct).
Cattwins

Post by Cattwins »

Yea, I thought that too but even with the permissions changed it didnt help. It works now and I am glad.

Deleting the java file seemed to have worked.

C