Spell Checker for Firebird

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
wormeyman

Post by wormeyman »

Thanks man you rock :D
Norvin

Post by Norvin »

wig_out_on_me

THANK YOU FOR SPELLBOUND! IT WORKS!

Norvin
<b><a href="http://tinyurl.com/hfda6">Norvin's CUSTOM Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.1</a></b>
<b><a href="http://tinyurl.com/zqqof">Norvin's CUSTOM Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5.0.5</a></b>
Rowne Mastaile
Location: Housed in a swirling neosma of scintillating thought and turgid ideas.

Post by Rowne Mastaile »

I've removed SpellCheckerFE from my thread and linked to SpellBound. Any extensions that have returned to active development will be removed too. The point of my thread was to raise interest in these old extensions and provide an intermediary until the next phase of development comes along, when that happens, the intermediary is no longer nessescary so I'll get rid of it and link appropriately.
Norvin

Post by Norvin »

wig_out_on_me wrote:
Cusser wrote:An interesting bug... SpellBound appears to conflict with TheOneKEA's TBP, in that it stops it loading the homepage in new tabs. I will test further.

Thanks for checking this out... I tend to use TBE so I haven't tested it with TBP.

I use TBP 0.5.22 in Mozilla Firefox 0.9.1 and everything works correctly with SpellBound. I did a fresh install of Mozilla Firefox 0.9.1 then installed the SpellBound files & U.S. English Dictionary first then installed the extensions I use.

Norvin
Norvin

Post by Norvin »

wig_out_on_me wrote:What does everyone think about a button and / or prompt for bringing the state of the installation back to normalcy when reinstalling and keeping your profile?

Currently, if you reinstall you will at the very least lose your spellcheck files and dictionaries since they are located in the application directory's component directory. I could add the composer.xpt to the SpellBound components but I see little value in doing so since these other items are also affected so I think I will just include that in this process. I should be able to reinstall all dictionaries that were installed using the <a href="http:www.exchangecode.com/spellbound/">SpellBound</a> page as well.

Comments?

You are the author. I would keep it the way it is. It is not a big deal to me at least to not see some of the components in the Extension Manager. I would say you do what you think is best and easiest for you.

Norvin
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

Norvin: Cusser found that something else was causing the problem with TBP on his system and got it working... by the way, glad you like the extension.

Everyone:
I'm working on a detection system for it that can verify the needed components are installed / working and if they aren't it will allow the user to install them. If you have any ideas especially on how to make things easier please let me know.
clemo

Post by clemo »

Have you had any luck finding a host site for this? if not have you tried http://www.extensionsmirror.nl. He takes a keen interest in things Mozilla, Extensions etc. But be quick, I think he's away on his hols shortly.

I've been using this extension for a couple of days now without any problems. It's brilliant, thank you.

clemo
there's always...... well maybe!
Norvin

Post by Norvin »

clemo,

It looks like it is already there, but the files might be in the wrong order. Shouldn't they be in this order...

1) Composer
2) Spell Check
3) Spell Bound
4) Dictionary

???

I assume wig_out_on_me posted it there. He might want to contact the guy the runs that site, Sboulema, about it.

Norvin
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

Nope, I didn't. It is OK but I would have prefered to wait until I have the updateURL in place along with project hosting. I think he may have wanted to add it before he went on vacation. :/

BTW: The order doesn't matter.
SantaFe

.....{S I G H}.....

Post by SantaFe »

Tried Spellbound, followed the instructions, said it installed, it shows up in my extension manager, remembered to download the english dictonary file, but when I right click in a text entry window to spell check, there isn't any spell check option in the right click menu. (And I use linux, so the shortcut key option doesn't work for me either). :(
SantaFe

Re: .....{S I G H}.....

Post by SantaFe »

SantaFe wrote:Tried Spellbound, followed the instructions, said it installed, it shows up in my extension manager, remembered to download the english dictonary file, but when I right click in a text entry window to spell check, there isn't any spell check option in the right click menu. (And I use linux, so the shortcut key option doesn't work for me either). :(
Oh, forgot to say this was just after I re-installed Slackware (decided to try Slackware 10), and a new Firefox 0.9 (7/4/2004 nightly build), so I didn't have any leftover old spellchecker files.
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

I had an instance the other day where for some reason it didn't show up with Menu Editor installed. I reset the menu in Menu Editor and it then appeared. It also appeared when I disabled Menu Editor. Does this apply?

I was also considering adding a Toolbar button if for no other reason troubleshooting... I think this clinches that item.

Any suggestions for a keybinding that won't interfere with other keybindings? :P
Rowne Mastaile
Location: Housed in a swirling neosma of scintillating thought and turgid ideas.

Post by Rowne Mastaile »

- wig_out_on_me

It's because the context requires an ID. There's been talk about it in the Menu Editor thread. Without an ID the context entry will randomly appear and disappear.
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

The items I add to the context menu for SpellBound do have ids and did show up in the Menu Editor after a reset of the Menu Editor menu... otherwise they wouldn't have shown up at all. I'm not sure exactly why it didn't show but Menu Editor appeared to have cached what was in the context menu and when I installed a new extension it didn't update it. The fix was to reset the Menu in Menu Editor or disable it.
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

Yaaaah! I got the project approved on sourceforge... I'll update with a couple of minor bug fixes... add the updateURL, and let Sboulema know about the update. Hopefully the code on the extensionsmirror can be updated before the vacation.