Adblock Plus 0.6

Talk about add-ons and extension development.

Post by ******** »

Adblock Plus 0.6.1 is working great!

the restore statusbar text css hack worked, and 0.6.1 fixed my button alignment problem with the theme Aquatint that was in 0.6.0.4+ (v2).

keep up the good work, wladimir!
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

@akahige:
When you upgrade to Filterset.G Updater 0.3 you should remove all filters from your list - the updater installs an independent subscription now.
akahige

Post by akahige »

Wladimir Palant wrote:@akahige:
When you upgrade to Filterset.G Updater 0.3 you should remove all filters from your list - the updater installs an independent subscription now.

Should have said: I'm not using the Filterset.G Updater. Only the filterset, which 6.1 picked up from the previous 5.11 install.

If it matters, I uninstalled the previous version before installing 6.1.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

"Filter set displayed on a white background, followed by a block of subscription info" must be another subscription then that was imported from the previous version. ABP 0.5 didn't separate user's filters from the subscriptions, so you have now all the filters from the subscription in your regular filters again - you can simply remove them.
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

I found it best to backup my filters and reset the extensions.adblockplus.patterns pref before installing the new version, then re-importing my filters.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
akahige

Post by akahige »

Wladimir Palant wrote:"Filter set displayed on a white background, followed by a block of subscription info" must be another subscription then that was imported from the previous version. ABP 0.5 didn't separate user's filters from the subscriptions, so you have now all the filters from the subscription in your regular filters again - you can simply remove them.

I see what it did, now.

I've only ever used one set (which happens to be G's set), but by pasting the URL to the current file into Adblock, I could get AB to update the filters on demand.

What seems to have happened with 6.1 is that it imported the old filters from 5.11, and then used the subscription information to go out and pull in a duplicate set of filters.

All it took to fix was deleting the set that didn't come from the subscription. No harm done.

Thanks to all.
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Okay, that could be a problem, since the built-in subscription won't exactly work right with a direct link to the file for G's list. You'd theoretically have to remove the old subscription set on every update to a new file.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
akahige

Post by akahige »

Linking directly to the file always worked fine with the 5.11 series. We'll have to see how it works with 6.x. If it's a problem, I'll just cut and paste the filterset into Adblock.
Peng

Post by Peng »

I should probably just test this and figure it out, but can you update the URL for a subscription? If not, you should be able to. Not that this will be useful in the Filterset.G case, since you'd have to check for updates yourself, but...
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
Check out: Adblock Plus | FoxClocks | OpenBook

Post by ******** »

Wladimir,

on your mozdev.org changelog for adblock 0.6.1, it says 0.6.1 has minimal div blocking.
when i clicked the FAQ link, it looks like 0.6.1 actually goes beyond what 0.5.11.2 had, because you can block any element!
i think the phrase "minimal div blocking" should be changed to "element and id blocking" or something of the sort.

also, the first page of this thread should be updated, when you have time.

great work btw, no complaints!
foghorn

Post by foghorn »

There is new Adblock Plus 0.6.1 topic.