Adblock Plus 0.6

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Ctrl+Shift+B and Ctrl+Shift+A still aren't working.

Conflict with some other extension that is using the same keys maybe?
tolremeno

Post by tolremeno »

Wladimir Palant wrote:
Ctrl+Shift+B and Ctrl+Shift+A still aren't working.

Conflict with some other extension that is using the same keys maybe?

WFM.
tolremeno - still a *bird lover
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

@Wladimir

I assue the toolbar button will eventually get a "disabled look" when it's adblock is disabled ?
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

@Peter(6): There is a bug that I didn't notice - the button look doesn't change when using small icons. This will be fixed with the next release.

Post by ******** »

Wladimir, i found your "not so short" history of Adblock to be very interesting. :P

about the large amount of padding around each filter in the list:
i like having more padding than there was in Adblock Plus 0.5.11.2, but the amount Adblock Plus 0.6+ seems too much.
i think one pixel less on both the top and bottom would do it.

for people having problems with keyboard shortcuts:
just get keyconfig
personally, i disabled accesskeys (alt shortcuts on web pages) in about:config, so i use alt+a for the sidebar and ctrl+shift+p for preferences.

all things said, adblock plus 0.6.0.4 is working great!
Last edited by ******** on January 21st, 2006, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canuckerfan

Post by canuckerfan »

I think my memory leaks are gone!
VinDSL
Location: Location: Arizona (USA) Site Admin: Disipal Site Site Admin: Nuke Cops Site Admin: Lenon.com

Post by VinDSL »

desertfox wrote:...adblock plus 0.6.0.4 is working great!

Dittos!

Nice job, Wlad! I'm a convert... ;)
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Well, the work in the past few minor releases has swayed me over to this new version. It does seem a lot faster and I like how things are turning out. Nice work :)

Any plans to have the status-bar icon draggable again (so I can position it on the left like I used to)? It's no big deal, but you know, creature of habit and all.
Rybo85

Post by Rybo85 »

Excellent job! Works great!
Peng

Post by Peng »

Wladimir Palant wrote:Conflict with some other extension that is using the same keys maybe?

Keyconfig lists nothing else using those keyboard shortcuts in my main profile, just Adblock Plus 0.6, and it's still broken in my test profile with only Console², DOM Inspector, Nightly Tester Tools, Talkback and Update Channel Changer.

desertfox wrote:personally, i disabled accesskeys (alt shortcuts on web pages) in about:config, so i use alt+a for the sidebar and ctrl+shift+p for preferences.

How!? I hate accesskeys!

Edit: Oh. accessibility.accesskeycausesactivation. The very first preference. D:

Cusser wrote:Any plans to have the status-bar icon draggable again (so I can position it on the left like I used to)? It's no big deal, but you know, creature of habit and all.

http://adblockplus.mozdev.org/faq.html#statusdrag
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
Check out: Adblock Plus | FoxClocks | OpenBook
Schrade

Post by Schrade »

Cusser wrote:Any plans to have the status-bar icon draggable again (so I can position it on the left like I used to)? It's no big deal, but you know, creature of habit and all.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 11#2029211
"Linux is for those who hate Windows, BSD is for those who love Unix." -Some Guy
Try my themes: QuBranch and QuTrunk
Fix Firefox's Resized image scrolling speed: <b>Bug 163975</b>
Lanik

Post by Lanik »

Cusser wrote:Well, the work in the past few minor releases has swayed me over to this new version. It does seem a lot faster and I like how things are turning out. Nice work :)
Ditto again here as well, as of now I like the newest release. I can disable the status bar icon. Thats what basically got me to switch.
:banana:
VinDSL
Location: Location: Arizona (USA) Site Admin: Disipal Site Site Admin: Nuke Cops Site Admin: Lenon.com

Post by VinDSL »

Lanik wrote:I can disable the status bar icon. Thats what basically got me to switch...

Yeah, exactly! That corner is prime real estate! [-X

Everybody knows that's where FoxyTunes goes...
Peng

Post by Peng »

I just tried http://www.blogger.com/start with two simpler regular expression filters, and there was a noticeable freeze, but it was much less than a second, which I ca ndefinitely live with. :)

I haven't checked with the old filters (I didn't import them, or any other old filters), but only one of them could freeze Firefox for a very long time, so I expect they'll be pretty quick, too. Though maybe that had some bit that was making Firefox go insane that the new ones do not.
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
Check out: Adblock Plus | FoxClocks | OpenBook
Erroneus

Post by Erroneus »

Excellent plugin and I can understand you are using a cockroach icon, but the current icon isn't rather pretty, actualy it looks low-res and even uglier then the sage icon :O :)

But keep up the good work, looking forward to a "three-click adblock image" feature and a new icon ;)