LCD Clock v0.2 [Feb-12][FF]

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Bloodeye

Post by Bloodeye »

LRa wrote:
LRa wrote:In what directory should I put the fonts?

Nm, found where.
Now I have a different problem: the shadow and the font number are not aligned.

Any ideas?

This code block below is from the first page of this thread. You will need to play around with the top and left rules to get it aligned correctly.

Code: Select all

/* LCD Clock serif font position settings within userChrome.css */
/* Will have to play around with these if using a different font */
.lcd-labels {
  position: absolute;
  top: 2px !important;
}

.lcd-disp-label[small="true"] {
  position: absolute;
  left: 10px !important;
}

To help check alignment you can add this to your userChrome.css. Just remove when you've got it aligned.

clockbutton:hover .lcd-disp-label {
  opacity: 0 !important;
}
Lost User 112043

Post by Lost User 112043 »

Thanks.
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

zoriv wrote:Why do some people needlessly expand the theme of this topic.Everybody of them want their desires to be realised in this small and nice extension.
My opinion is that Bloodyeye's idea was just to make cute LCD clock without reminders,different alarms, dates, days... etc. There are an other extensions for this purpose.
I'm quite agreed with Uncle Spellbinder comment: "Gives the browser a great look. Rounds out Firefox well. "
For all an other features, You are welcome to visit the Firefox Extensions and The Extensions Mirror and you can find all you need .
I know, there will be some verbal attacks to me , so that's why I prior apologize if somebody find him/herself offended with my comment.
If the author, Bloodyeye has ambitions to satisfy all these desires I am retiring my comment.

Note: The ONE and ONLY reason I use this extension is that it looks nice. It has nothing to do with features.
My friend also got it, on my brief recommendation, and basically just likes that he can make the background his favorite color and all that good stuff.
And, on your note, though in a slightly different direction, really, why do I need tons of fancy clock features in Firefox when I can get all of that outside of Firefox where it works just as well, and even when Firefox isn't running (when, believe it or not, I do NOT have Firefox open constantly)?
Maybe I'll go now and write an extension that allows you to run any Windows program in Firefox chrome or tabs. Then my brothers can play Battlefield 2 all day and still see their Firefox theme around it. Won't that be nice and pointless.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
Blurshape

Post by Blurshape »

Here's the color settings I use:

.lcd-fade-label {
  opacity: 0.1 !important;
  color: #000000 !important;
}
.lcd-disp-label {
  opacity: 1.0 !important;
}
.lcdclock-bgcolor {
  background-color: #369BFF !important;
}

Which looks like this:
Lost User 112043

Blurshape wrote:Here's the color settings I use:

.lcd-fade-label {
}
.lcd-disp-label {
}
.lcdclock-bgcolor {
}

Which looks like this:

Nice, I'm using this but isn't the background a little off?
Bloodeye

Post by Bloodeye »

@ Blurshape - I like that color. Looks better than the aqua\teal color I've been using.

I've been thinking that I might create a version of LCD Clock that uses the Canvas element. Instead of using a font, the numbers would be drawn onto the Canvas element. Just wondering if the actual font that people are using is that big of concern? Given some time I could create some different "font" styles for the numbers, but to start with everyone would be using a default "font" style. Background color\text color would still be users choice. The canvas element could give LCD Clock some new options. Text (number) animation, gradient colors, semi-transparent shapes...etc.
Blurshape

Post by Blurshape »

LRa wrote:Nice, I'm using this but isn't the background a little off?

What do you mean? The background looks fine to me.
Blurshape

Post by Blurshape »

Bloodeye wrote:@ Blurshape - I like that color. Looks better than the aqua\teal color I've been using.

Glad ya like it. I'll probably do a few others as well and post 'em here. Great extension, by the way--it's basic, but not too simplistic, and gets the job done. Plus it's cool that it can be customized.
zoriv

Post by zoriv »

What about this idea?
Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

zoriv wrote:What about this idea?

Wow! I like the color a lot. But I like the way the background fades to light. Just how did you achieve that look? The fade, that is.
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul." ~ Heraclites, 500 B.C.

The Blood Series: BloodFire, BloodFire 3, BloodThunder, BloodSun, & BloodSong
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

Cato62 wrote:
zoriv wrote:What about this idea?

Wow! I like the color a lot. But I like the way the background fades to light. Just how did you achieve that look? The fade, that is.

I would be interested in how you achieved that look also. Please share. :lol:
LJ
My best friend is my wife!!
Political Realities
Lost User 112043

Blurshape wrote:
LRa wrote:Nice, I'm using this but isn't the background a little off?

What do you mean? The background looks fine to me.

It may be the texture, but there's a line at the top and on the left that is in a different color.
Blurshape

Post by Blurshape »

LRa wrote:It may be the texture, but there's a line at the top and on the left that is in a different color.

I think those lines are always there... maybe they're just less visible with certain colors?
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

I've got 3 different Stylish styles modifying mine simultaneously right now....
One to change the background, one to mess with opacity, and one to mess with font.
Keeps things organized when I just need to change one of those elements. Note that I always keep the background one the same, since it's my favorite color....
P.S. Yes, those lines are definitely always there. Has to do with the simulated 3d look. Notice the clock seems to be tilted diagonally a bit, if you look closely. That's part of the shadow effect that that would naturally cause, assuming lighting position was straight on.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

Blurshape wrote:Here's the color settings I use:

.lcd-fade-label {
}
.lcd-disp-label {
}
.lcdclock-bgcolor {
}

Which looks like this:

Looks great. I've placed the code (exactly as it appears above) in my userChrome.css below the @namespace url. It's not working, nothing changes after re-start. Ideas? Or am a fudging it up somehow?
My Firefox Add-Ons Collection: Firefox Essentials