MR Tech's Local Install 4.6.4 (4-20-06)

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Neo Bahamut

Post by Neo Bahamut »

Neo Bahamut wrote:Ever since I've installed the extension, whenever I install a new extension, it shows another Firefox window (if I have another open) when it finishes installing, and that other window disappears from the taskbar until I use Alt+Tab to switch to another window in Windows. There is no problem if I only have one FF window open.

I forgot to add that child windows, such as extensions, dTa!, downloads, etc. are not switched to. Only browsing windows.
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

em/tm windows in columns

The themes at http://www.geocities.com/alfredkayser/mozilla/index.htm (all by Alfred Kayser) used to force a tiled layout onto the EM window. I hated it because I could not see the full description. Mel attempted to override with one of his hacks that by making the tiles full width. However, that was clunky at best. The latest versions of those themes gave up on the tiled layout. :D.
Will Pittenger
Old Michael Buckley

Post by Old Michael Buckley »

Not realy a question related to your extention but more to mine, what is the code to get buttons to apear under "customise toolbar/navigational" in Netscape. Your extention dose this, and I can't get mine to.
pc_martin_seattle

Require Confirm for Enable All/Disable All/Make Compatibl

Post by pc_martin_seattle »

I use MR Tech Local Install 4.6.4 in Firefox 1.5.0.2 on Windows XP Pro.

I frequently use Local Install's Extensions > Tools > Find Updates to search for updates for my extensions.

Unfortunately, this relatively harmless menu item is located near Enable All, Disable All, and Make All Compatible -- all of which can be a hassle to undo if accidentally clicked. (My laptop's cursor can lag or move unpredictably when the CPU or RAM comes under a heavy load, and as a result, the wrong target can end up getting clicked. Other users might have iffy mouses or touchpads -- or they might just accidentally click the wrong item.)

I propose adding a confirmation dialog to Enable All, Disable All, and Make All Compatible.

Thanks for a great extension!
PC Martin, Seattle, USA
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

There is a "Find Updates" button near the bottom of the window. I have mentioned to Mel that it would help if that button bar could be moved to the top of the window.

Mel: Did you make any progress towards moving that bar up?
Will Pittenger
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

mel reyes • mrtech.com • BlogPlaxoLinkedInTwitter
Support mrtech.com get our toolbar
menet

Post by menet »

Is it possible to have a <strong>Dev Build Released</strong> version including the <strong>fr-FR</strong> locale ?

Best Regards :wink:
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

4.6.4.50201 en-US Dev Build Released

4.6.4.50201 All Locales Dev Build Released

<li> Added: "Show Extension Directory" is now on the list of extensions to prompt to uninstall when you open the Extension manager window as this functionality is included with Local Install.
<li> Added: For Sunbird users "about:config" is now a toolbar icon
<li> Updated: Properly setting options tabs when no archive directory is set and user selects Archive from context menu
<li> Updated: Now hiding Nightly Tester Tool button image if hide default images settings is enabled
<li> Updated: about:plugins and about:config toolbar context menus now include recently added about: functions
<li> Updated: removed some unused Sunbird context menus till I get a chance to fix them, saving about 2k
<li> Fixed: Slight issue with supporting custom locale useragent in Disable XPI Delay install dialog
<li> Fixed: Theme switch was broken with older Firefox/Thunderbird 1.0.x & Netscape 8.x versions
<li> Fixed: Opening My Config to sidebar from the Extension/Theme Manager menu icon was not working if EM/TM was loaded in a window.
<li> Fixed: Text flicker on Extension install dialog if Nightly Tester Tools was installed also
<li> Fixed: bogus "gExtensionsView.selected" error message in Extension/Themes manager with context menus
<li> Fixed: properly hiding "Make Compatible" if no extension/theme is selected

Firefox 2.0 Addons (Extension/Theme) Manager:
50201 build fixes:
- Fixed default icons for Extension options and Theme Switcher menu weren't showing up (note: latest trunk has an issue with resizing existing images/icons)
- Could not disable slimmode, oops

To do:
- fix shortcut keys
- menu icon for Addons
- still need to refresh list if View filter is being used and switching between Extension and Theme lists
- try to force view for em or tm for both toolbar launch of openManager (currently got it to partially work with sidebar)
- need to disable unneeded Addons 2.0 preferences in Settings window
- do more testing for archiving

50101 build fixes:
- Slimmode has landed Smile
- Finished adding My Config button to Addons iconbar (should I remove this or remove the one in the Menubar?)
- Updated chrome.manifests for all locales for new Addons 2.0
- Added new string to properties file for nightly tester tool override extension version code for all locales
- Added new strings to main Local Install entity file to support changes made in Extension/Theme manager

42801 build fixes:
- Archiving seems to be working just need to do some testing and will try to finally fix the multi-update issue that doesn't archive currently
- View menu now works again (enabled, disabled, etc)
- Extension installs now load in sidebar if sidebar is default window target
- Check for updates works again
- Extension/Theme counts in title window
- Find Updates window title code ignored/disabled since there is a new progress bar that opens up
- Enable/Disable All now works again (also changed a few things here)
- Hiding bottom button bar now works
- Hide new Install button and other button images too when preference is checked
- Hiding theme preview now works again
- Fixed a few 1.x regressions
- Small fix for Thunderbird trunk builds to open new addons window

42702 build:
- Make Compatible and Make All Compatible options now works again
- "Browse install directory" and "Copy Build ID" context menu options have been restored
- Removed menubar icons for Extensions/Themes the new iconbar does the trick Wink
- Sorting no longer needed, the list is always sorted, removed from Tools menu
- Removed/cleaned up several unneeded items from the backend code

42701 build:
- Now properly loading new Addons window and overloading backend call
- Invalid chrome due to locale string changes
- No longer drawing my Theme preview resizer
- resolved issue where new iconbar doesn't show up in new window
- Theme preview below list
- em/tm icons on menu bar should switch view not load new window
- Theme preview hiding is broken
- Overwriting new install button function with my install function (install functionality included with 2.0 only does one extension at a time)
- Removed my install button
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Just read your posting and have pushed up a "full" dev version:
http://www.mrtech.com/extensions/local_ ... k_full.xpi
0live

Post by 0live »

Could you make it hide disabled extensions in the options toolbar button and EM menubar?
Linux i686 (ubuntu-gutsy) | Minefield (20081118020400) | Tb 2.0.0.17pre (2008092517) w/ Lightning
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

you can just select Tools|View|Enabled Only and it should remember the selection for next time.
0live

Post by 0live »

Unless I'm missing something this works only for the EM list not for the options.
Linux i686 (ubuntu-gutsy) | Minefield (20081118020400) | Tb 2.0.0.17pre (2008092517) w/ Lightning
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

The current dev build allows users to hide the button bar along the bottom of the TM/EM windows. However, I want to keep it, but move it up top.
Will Pittenger
Lost User 162649

Post by Lost User 162649 »

homepage of the extension is down for a while now, and links cannot be opened...:(
anyone confirm this?
thanks..
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

0live wrote:Unless I'm missing something this works only for the EM list not for the options.

just checked, holy wow, I never noticed that, I'll see what I can do asap, thanks.

Will Pittenger wrote:The current dev build allows users to hide the button bar along the bottom of the TM/EM windows. However, I want to keep it, but move it up top.

it's been on my list for a while, I'll see what I can do now thanks for your patience.

Nikos_s3 wrote:homepage of the extension is down for a while now, and links cannot be opened...:(
anyone confirm this?
thanks..

nope mrtech.com is up for the most part of today, there were some issues yesterday, but all seems good today.