MR Tech's Local Install 4.6.4 (4-20-06)

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

onemen wrote:mrtech,
In Firefox trunk build Override 'maxversion' compatibility checking doesn't work anymore.
if you use it to check compatibility it gives an error alert message about the chrome:manifest and the firefox crash

can't confirm 100% but it might be caused by this:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 24#2242824

check Robert's response right afterwards, I'll do some testing here, I'll also see if the latest dev builds of NTT fix any of these issues, thanks.
mel reyes • mrtech.com • BlogPlaxoLinkedInTwitter
Support mrtech.com get our toolbar
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

onemen: NTT 1.0.2 fixes the changes made to the zip reader components to because of the reader api changes, this fix will be included in tonights build which should resolve installing altogether.

btw, NTT 1.0.2 was just approved and should be available via umo shortly and is currently available here:
http://users.blueprintit.co.uk/~dave/we ... ghtly.html
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

4.6.4.50501 en-US Dev Build Released

4.6.4.50501 All Locales Dev Build Released

- 50501 build fixes installing with Override maxVersion on branch/trunk builds
Shrish

Post by Shrish »

hi mrtech, congrats 4 dis gr8 ext. Do 'MR Tech's Local Install 4.6.4' have command line switches.

Lots of people want a way to install extensions from command line to a specific profile. Firefox command line option 'Firefox.exe -install-global-extension' installs extensions for all profiles, which we do'nt want.

So if u can make it to install extensions by command line to specific profiles atleat to default profile it will greatly help us.
Shrish Sharma
Lost User 162649

Post by Lost User 162649 »

mrtech , for some very strange reason i cannot enter your homepage for some days now...it's really very weird..i have tried erasing cookies and cache but still no result...the page says loading and gets stuck there...:( same happens with both firefox and IE...
is it possible to upload the dev builds in the first post of this topic as well..?
thanks a lot in advance...;)
pile0nades

Post by pile0nades »

^^WFM
Linkify bug numbers - test: bug 258287
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Nikos_s3 wrote:mrtech , for some very strange reason i cannot enter your homepage for some days now...it's really very weird..i have tried erasing cookies and cache but still no result...the page says loading and gets stuck there...:( same happens with both firefox and IE...
is it possible to upload the dev builds in the first post of this topic as well..?
thanks a lot in advance...;)

try to see if you can ping mrtech.com or 128.241.159.244, if not then I would check your firewall or internet provider. Also if you have Windows try "ipconfig /flushdns" "ipconfig /registerdns" and/or "ipconfig /renew" at a command prompt.
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Will Pittenger wrote:I am seeing dual Install buttons again. LI 4.6.4.50201. The buttons appear in TB 1.5.0.2 and Sunbird 0.3Alpha1, but not FF 1.5.0.3. I see them in both the EM and TM windows.

I've fixed this locally, the function I was using to check if addons was enabled was actually active in TB 1.5 so I've switch this to detect it with a Addons 2.0 specific function and tonight's build will fix this, thanks.
JasnaPaka

Post by JasnaPaka »

I have installed Leak Monitor Extension ( http://dbaron.org/mozilla/leak-monitor/ ) and this extension detects that Local Install 4.6.4 leaks in View My Config dialog. See: http://www.jasnapaka.com/mozilla/leaks/ ... nstall.png

Latest Firefox Trunk, clean profile.
MozBackup Developer
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

JasnaPaka wrote:I have installed Leak Monitor Extension ( http://dbaron.org/mozilla/leak-monitor/ ) and this extension detects that Local Install 4.6.4 leaks in View My Config dialog. See: http://www.jasnapaka.com/mozilla/leaks/ ... nstall.png

oddly enough I did some testing too and saw the same thing, thanks for keeping me legit ;)
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

JasnaPaka wrote:I have installed Leak Monitor Extension ( http://dbaron.org/mozilla/leak-monitor/ ) and this extension detects that Local Install 4.6.4 leaks in View My Config dialog. See: http://www.jasnapaka.com/mozilla/leaks/ ... nstall.png

this has now been fixed locally, I think the object ownership or self-referencing needed to be explicit for the unregister code to work, changed the preference listenter to explicitly point to the correct pieces and now the preference listener is properly unregistered, thanks.
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

4.6.4.50801 en-US Dev Build Released

4.6.4.50801 All Locales Dev Build Released

4.6.4.50801 Dev Build Released
<li> Added: Hidden hack to hide Menu icons has now been super-streamlined and added as a preference in the Menu Options|Miscellaneous tab of the Options window (css hack no longer needed and reusing hidden pref of "local_install.hideMenuIcons")
<li> Added: You can now add "Tab Count" and "Window Count" to the customized window title, for example (${TabCount}/${WindowCount}) would yield (5/2) if five tabs were open in the current window and there were two browser windows open, check General|Window Title Options in the Local Install options window
<li> Added: You can now move the Extension/Themes/Addons button bar above the list view, check Manager Hacks|Layout in the Local Install options window
<li> Added: "Show Extension Directory" is now on the list of extensions to prompt to uninstall when you open the Extension manager window as this functionality is included with Local Install.
<li> Added: For Sunbird users "about:config" is now a toolbar icon
<li> Added: Hidden setting to Show Attachment box for Email Compose window now has a Option window setting in the Miscellaneous tab
<li> Added: Hidden setting to Always save Chrome Editor files now has a Option window setting in the My Config|Chrome Editor tab
<li> Updated: Properly setting options tabs when no archive directory is set and user selects Archive from context menu
<li> Updated: Now hiding Nightly Tester Tool button image if hide default images settings is enabled
<li> Updated: about:plugins and about:config toolbar context menus now include recently added about: functions
<li> Updated: removed some unused Sunbird context menus till I get a chance to fix them, saving about 2k
<li> Updated: fr-FR locale updated
<li> Updated: Moved "Hide 'Paste userAgent/Build ID' from Textbox/Input Context Menu" to the Menu Options|Miscellaneous tab of the Options window
<li> Fixed: Long standing issue with duplicate tabs being created for the Extension & Theme manager when installing and already having a tab open and additionally updated to include any time Extension/Theme is viewed in a tab it will refocus there despite target preference
<li> Fixed: Slight issue with supporting custom locale useragent in Disable XPI Delay install dialog
<li> Fixed: Theme switch was broken with older Firefox/Thunderbird 1.0.x & Netscape 8.x versions
<li> Fixed: Opening My Config to sidebar from the Extension/Theme Manager menu icon was not working if EM/TM was loaded in a window.
<li> Fixed: Text flicker on Extension install dialog if Nightly Tester Tools was installed also
<li> Fixed: bogus "gExtensionsView.selected" error message in Extension/Themes manager with context menus
<li> Fixed: properly hiding "Make Compatible" if no extension/theme is selected
<li> Fixed: disabling Extension Options and Theme Switcher for Mozilla Suite/Seamonkey in preferences as these options are not available with those apps
<li> Fixed: Preference listener leak in My Config window (found using Leak Monitor,http://dbaron.org/mozilla/leak-monitor/)

Firefox 2.0 Addons (Extension/Theme) Manager:
50801 build fixes:
- Fixed Sunbird & Thunderbird 1.5 regression with new Addons detection code and double Install buttons, etc.

To do:
- fix shortcut keys
- menu icon for Addons
- still need to refresh list if View filter is being used and switching between Extension and Theme lists
- try to force view for em or tm for both toolbar launch of openManager (currently got it to partially work with sidebar)
- need to disable unneeded Addons 2.0 preferences in Settings window
- do more testing for archiving
azcdr

wish list

Post by azcdr »

Not sure where the wish list is but how about an extension list sort by install date. It might make it easier trying to find a problem extension

Your program saved me today, it disabled all my extensions, when there was a conflict, but it was easy to recover. Thanks
mrtech

Re: wish list

Post by mrtech »

azcdr wrote:Not sure where the wish list is but how about an extension list sort by install date. It might make it easier trying to find a problem extension

Your program saved me today, it disabled all my extensions, when there was a conflict, but it was easy to recover. Thanks

date will/is being added to the Addons 2.0 definitions and will be available with Firefox 2.0/Bon Echo 2.0 as soon as it is Local Install will see how to hook into this.
Lee_Dailey
Location: milky way galaxy, sol system, terra, north america, usa, tx, bedford

Post by Lee_Dailey »

howdy mrtech,

this is NOT intended as a gripe - i know i sound like the grumpy old geezer that i really am [*grin*] - but what does ...
"
Added: Hidden setting to Show Attachment box for Email Compose window now has a Option window setting in the Miscellaneous tab
"

... have to do with "local install"? it makes me somewhat twitchy to see things so apparently unrelated show up in one of my fave exts. yes, i still twitch over a few of your other things in this ext. [*grin*]

take care,
lee