MR Tech's Local Install 4.6.4 (4-20-06)

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
akahige

Post by akahige »

Think I found a bug in 4.2. I'd say it was an issue with the theme (Silvermel), except I've been running this same version of the theme with many incarnations of Local Install without a problem.

In the EM, a couple of the extensions are being displayed with large sized icons for no particular reason (i.e. they are not focused).

If you need any more info, let me know and I'll put it together.
Lee_Dailey
Location: milky way galaxy, sol system, terra, north america, usa, tx, bedford

Post by Lee_Dailey »

howdy mrtech,

got mtli42, installed & all ok! thanks ... [*grin*]

was comparing ff & tb display of mtli options windows & noticed that this ...
general/archive/don't-show-context-item

... is not grayed out in the tb options window like the "about?" option is on the next tab. shouldn't those items be disabled? you cna't DO that in tb, as far as i can tell.

take care,
lee
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

akahige wrote:Think I found a bug in 4.2. I'd say it was an issue with the theme (Silvermel), except I've been running this same version of the theme with many incarnations of Local Install without a problem.

In the EM, a couple of the extensions are being displayed with large sized icons for no particular reason (i.e. they are not focused).

I've seen this when there is a stuck message in the 'pending' attributes, just do a make all compatible and restart to see if that helps.
mel reyes • mrtech.com • BlogPlaxoLinkedInTwitter
Support mrtech.com get our toolbar
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Lee_Dailey wrote:howdy mrtech,

... is not grayed out in the tb options window like the "about?" option is on the next tab. shouldn't those items be disabled? you cna't DO that in tb, as far as i can tell.

take care,
lee

I'll do some more testing on the settings panel in TB thanks.
mel reyes • mrtech.com • BlogPlaxoLinkedInTwitter
Support mrtech.com get our toolbar
Kit44

Post by Kit44 »

I have some problems in new version :evil:

In 4.0 extension window looks that:

http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=good4gl.jpg

In 4.1 and 4.2 looks that :
http://img492.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bad7yd.jpg

what is wrong??

My theme it's Skypilot Classic (http://www.projectit.com/freestuff.html#skypilotnb or http://skypilot.projectit.com/)

It's something wrong with extension or theme??
Lee_Dailey
Location: milky way galaxy, sol system, terra, north america, usa, tx, bedford

Post by Lee_Dailey »

mrtech wrote:
Lee_Dailey wrote:howdy mrtech,

take care,
lee

I'll do some more testing on the settings panel in TB thanks.

howdy mrtech,

kool dude! [*grin*]

take care,
lee
danhash

Post by danhash »

mrtech wrote:
danhash wrote:The second-to-last update to the dev build (4.0.something) of Local Install broke my greasemonkey. The icon still showed up and I right-clicked it and there were checkmarks by whatever scripts should be activated for the page, but none of the scripts worked. So I disabled Local Install and greasemonkey worked again. Then I re-enabled and greasemonkey stopped working. So I disabled it and today I updated Local Install to 4.1 and re-enabled it, but am still having the same problem. Has anyone else had this problem, or do you know what I can do to fix it?

Just installed Google Toolbar, Google Safe Browsing and Greasemonkey and all seem to be playing nice. The only possible difference that I can see is that I'm using Adblock Plus 0.6.1 instead of Adblock, might be something you might want to try.

btw, google suggest is built into customizegoogle, try disabling it.

also try disabling all your greasemonkey scripts and re-enabling one by one to see if they work.
you can also check to see if any have been updated, etc. good luck.
thanks for the info. i disabled several extensions and greasemonkey is working fine now. i think it was a conflict between more than one extension so i'm not sure exactly what the problem was, but if i figure out anything else related to local install causing gm not to work i'll let you know
thanks
-dan
rtk

Post by rtk »

mrtech wrote:<li> Added: Revamped & Super Optimized Slim Mode code, folks with tons of extensions/themes should notice some improvement in EM/TM window startup

Definitely notice a difference, with 52 extensions. Opening the EM is now almost instantaneous.
mrtech wrote:<li> Added/Fixed: Part 1 of 3 in restoring Auto-Archive on Upgrades: Single Extension "Update Now" upgrades are now properly auto-archived with Fx/Tb 1.5 versions, working on fixing Themes & Multiple updates, etc.

Wicked!!!! Works as advertised. At part 1 of 3, you can disregard my request for a context menu "archive" in the EM on updates.

I've noticed something slightly strange with slim mode on extension installs. I copy my profile from home to work all the time, and haven't been bothering to uncheck the autoarchive of extensions on install. The path is set, but doesn't exist on the second machine.

Of course, when I remember, I go in and uncheck archive and clear the paths, but if I forget, everything is generally fine. What does happen though is when I install a new extension, the EM opens up with slim mode off. Closing and restarting the EM brings it back to slim mode. It just opens without slim on the initial install.

Of course, it's seriously minor, but it is curious (I would guess). As well, there might be some call to error check the path to make sure it exists, or prompt to create it maybe?

Otherwise, great work as usual.
rtk

Post by ******** »

MTLI 4.2 = amazing! :)

love the throbber :D
JSS3rd

Post by JSS3rd »

Mel ...

1. Not sure when this started, but I think it was with 4.1. Local Install will not auto-update on my FF 1.5.0.1. It tells me that it will be updated when FF is restarted, but that doesn't happen. Nor will it uninstall properly ... tells me that it will be uninstalled after FF restart, but that doesn't happen, either.

Instead, it's necessary to log off and back on for the uninstall to take place (didn't think to try this with the update :(). Then, I can install from the latest downloaded .xpi file, and Local Install works perfectly until the next Local Install update becomes available. Auto-update works properly in Tbird 1.5.

2. I like the Find Update throbbers that appear in Tbird's Local Install window, but they do not appear in FF's Local Install window. ???
Jim
64-bit Win7 Pro SP1, 64-bit PM (Pale Moon) 27.8.2, 64-bit FF 59.0.2, 32-bit TB 52.7.0
onemen

Post by onemen »

when open EM or TM i get:

Code: Select all

Error: Component returned failure code: 0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER) [nsIDOMXULElement.appendChild]
Source file: chrome://local_install/content/local_install.js
Line: 771
Last edited by onemen on February 12th, 2006, 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
durkus

restart function still not working in 4.2

Post by durkus »

4.0 restart works fine, but when I updated to 4.1.1 and then tried 4.2, restart button feature still doesn't work (: Anyone else experiencing this? Thought Mr. Tech should know. TY again for the great extension. Durk
akahige

Post by akahige »

mrtech wrote:
akahige wrote:Think I found a bug in 4.2. I'd say it was an issue with the theme (Silvermel), except I've been running this same version of the theme with many incarnations of Local Install without a problem.

I've seen this when there is a stuck message in the 'pending' attributes, just do a make all compatible and restart to see if that helps.

Didn't help.
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

JSS3rd wrote:Mel ...

I like the Find Update throbbers that appear in Tbird's Local Install window, but they do not appear in FF's Local Install window. ???

Like how Mel said it will only work with themes that support overlay on the extension or theme icon, the current Firefox default theme is not one of them. The current Thunderbird default theme is. That would make it a theme issue, even though this is the default theme, which makes it seem a bit strange for there to be a theme issue. Not really so much if you really think about it, though, as the Firefox default theme was really just like any other theme that got picked up and set as the default.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
Kit44

Post by Kit44 »

Kit44 wrote:I have some problems in new version :evil:

In 4.0 extension window looks that:

http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=good4gl.jpg

In 4.1 and 4.2 looks that :
http://img492.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bad7yd.jpg

what is wrong??

My theme it's Skypilot Classic (http://www.projectit.com/freestuff.html#skypilotnb or http://skypilot.projectit.com/)

It's something wrong with extension or theme??

Still waiting for help!