MR Tech's Local Install 4.6.4 (4-20-06)

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Metalstream

Post by Metalstream »

mrtech wrote:
Metalstream wrote:I'm having the same Xerblade's issue, but my extensions are chromedit and favicon picker...don't know what to do....

so what exactly happens? do you get any error msgs in js console?

No errors in javascript, when I installed new version the extension manager shows me another extension but with the name of the installation package...I deleted extensions.rdf in my profile folder to solve this, how is normal...the extensions not compatibles with 1.5.0.1 comes again not compatibles, and I try make compatibles option but nothing happens...
"I love God, He's my favourite fictional character." - Homer J. Simpson
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Okay, I made a fresh profile, but I'm not sure if it's fixed or not, because I haven't used the Make Compatible option on anything, and I can't test it now, since I don't have any incompatible extensions at the moment, and I don't feel like testing my luck by going and deleting the extensions.rdf file for no good reason.
You see, my profile was getting pretty buggy overall (especially with how many ghost entries I've been getting lately), so just to get around that I made myself a brand new profile (had nothing to do with this issue, as that is worked around easily enough), imported my bookmarks and a few other things (not my prefs, which I reconstructed manually, just to make sure I didn't keep any bugs from that), and installed most of my extensions back (and found the cause of a couple bugs in some other extensions on the way there [and note that not once did I get a ghost entry while installing them, yay]). If any word comes in on a fix for the problem soon, though, there's nothing stopping me from switching to my old profile to run a test on it.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Download full installer or locale specific installer from main posting. Make sure to uninstaller older full version before installing locale specific installer, just to avoid any headaches.

4.1.1 Changelog:
<li> Added: Now supporting Menu icons for Netscape browser, thanks to Philip Chee
<li> Added: "AboutConfig" has been added to the auto-uninstall extension list for TB 1.5 or newer
<li> Updated: Added es-AR and sk-SK locale support for Moz Suite/SeaMonkey
<li> Updated: Some locales have been updated
<li> Fixed: Resolved tons of compatibility issues with Sunbird, enjoy :)
<li> Fixed: Updated Moz Suite/SeaMonkey extension version
<li> Fixed: On Netscape disabling ctrl-shift-t (open Theme manager) because that is used for DOM Inspector
<li> Fixed: Resolved additional Mac OS auto-archiving path issues
mel reyes • mrtech.com • BlogPlaxoLinkedInTwitter
Support mrtech.com get our toolbar
nomasomn

Post by nomasomn »

hi,

mrtech wrote:4.1.1 Changelog:
<li> Fixed: Resolved additional Mac OS auto-archiving path issues

w/ 4.1.1 on OSX, drag-from-browser-to-Tbird-extension-window installs are correctly autoarchived in the set/assigned archive folder.

if, however, i DL an .xpi elsewhere -- i.e., e.g. to the Desktop NOT assigned as the archive folder -- and isntall using the LI ext window "install", the archive folder's PATH is still incorrectly *reset* to the origin of the install file.

iiuc, i know that the file won't necessarily (yet?) be archived FROM the desktop to the archive folder UNLESS it's dragged ... BUT, i'd think that the process would NOT arbitratily reset/change a manually assigned "default" folder path ...

thx!

richard
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Hmmm, i miss those throbbers (update lookup indicators). mrtech, did you say they'll be back?
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

the directory is set in two ways via the settings dialog and by the last used directory when installing locally and dnd with archiving only works remotely installed xpi's & jars.
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

I'll see if I can find a better throbber gif and will see.
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Good! I really liked seeing that something was actually happening. Even if not a throbber, it would be nice if "No updates found..." shows under each ext./theme name (as it does now for a selected one) as it searches. Thank you muchly!!
sternox

Post by sternox »

where is forum for seamonkey i cant figure out how to manage my extensions with seamonkey please help
sternox

Post by sternox »

ok i found forum but i still cant figure out how to manage my extension like uninstall and such
Tmaeus

Post by Tmaeus »

mrtech wrote:<li> Fixed: Resolved additional Mac OS auto-archiving path issues

WFM -- but, now Open Extension Archive & Open Theme Archive don't work. Doesn't matter if I go Tools>Edit My Config>Open... or use the toolbar button, nothing happens. They worked in both 4.0 and 4.1, regardless of whether or not the archive path was working.

Also, when I browse to select my custom editors for css and js, I get the long string of characters effect -- and selecting Edit userChrome/Content/js (or View prefs.js) from the Edit My Config submenu (or tbb) does nothing. But that behavior is consistent with before.
sternox

Post by sternox »

those things work fine on my install try uninstalling and reinstalling

Tmaeus wrote:
mrtech wrote:<li> Fixed: Resolved additional Mac OS auto-archiving path issues

WFM -- but, now Open Extension Archive & Open Theme Archive don't work. Doesn't matter if I go Tools>Edit My Config>Open... or use the toolbar button, nothing happens. They worked in both 4.0 and 4.1, regardless of whether or not the archive path was working.

Also, when I browse to select my custom editors for css and js, I get the long string of characters effect -- and selecting Edit userChrome/Content/js (or View prefs.js) from the Edit My Config submenu (or tbb) does nothing. But that behavior is consistent with before.
akahige

Post by akahige »

mrtech wrote:I'll see if I can find a better throbber gif and will see.

This suggestion is either really obvious, or really stupid -- :D -- but wouldn't it make the most sense to integrate the default throbber from whatever theme you're running?
danhash

Post by danhash »

The second-to-last update to the dev build (4.0.something) of Local Install broke my greasemonkey. The icon still showed up and I right-clicked it and there were checkmarks by whatever scripts should be activated for the page, but none of the scripts worked. So I disabled Local Install and greasemonkey worked again. Then I re-enabled and greasemonkey stopped working. So I disabled it and today I updated Local Install to 4.1 and re-enabled it, but am still having the same problem. Has anyone else had this problem, or do you know what I can do to fix it? I've included a list of all my extensions in case that would help:

Generated: Thu Feb 09 2006 09:27:09 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060111 Firefox/1.5.0.1
Build ID: 2006011112

Enabled Extensions: [29]
- Adaptive HomePage 0.3
- Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.3.0.1
- Adblock Plus 0.5.11.2
- CustomizeGoogle 0.41
- CustomizeGoogle 0.41
- del.icio.us 1.0.2
- Digger 1.0
- FoxyTunes 1.1.5.4
- Google Safe Browsing 1.1
- Google Suggest 1.0.0.2005110710
- Google Toolbar for Firefox 1.0.20051122
- googlebar 0.9.15.08
- Googlebar 0.9
- Greasemonkey 0.6.4
- J2SE(TM) Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6
- Menu Editor 1.2
- MR Tech Local Install 4.1
- Pearl Crescent Page Saver 0.9.3
- Platypus 0.64
- platypus.0.63.xpi
- Popup Count 0.3.3
- Scribe 0.21
- Scrumptious 1.1
- SearchPluginHacks 0.1.3
- SessionSaver .2 0.2.1.031
- Stylish 0.2.1
- TargetAlert 0.8.9.7
- View Rendered Source Chart 1.5.02
- Web Developer 1.0.2

Disabled Extensions: [4]
- BugMeNot 1.3
- Copy URL + 1.3.2
- Image Zoom 0.2.3
- Search Button 0.4.10

Total Extensions: 33

Installed Themes: [1]
- Firefox (default)

Installed Plugins: (10)
- Google Updater
- Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 6
- Microsoft® DRM
- Mozilla Default Plug-in
- QuickTime Plug-in 7.0.4
- RealPlayer Version Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In (32-bit)
- Shockwave Flash
- Shockwave for Director
- Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library

Thanks!
Tanker Bob

Local Install 4.1 trashed my toolbar setup

Post by Tanker Bob »

When I updated to 4.1 from 4.0, my custom navigation toolbar reverted to the default, all the icons in toolbar customize disappeared, and my bookmark toolbar went blank. Disabling 4.1 allowed me to recreate my nav toolbar, but reenabling it lost the toolbar customization again. After attempting numerous fix strategies, I finally uninstalled 4.1 and then installed 4.0 again. Everything works fine again except the bookmark toolbar, which seems gone forever even though the approprate bookmark folder still exists. Any ideas?

Edit: I tried 4.1.1 but the results were the same. Everytime I update and then revert, I have to recreate my nav toolbar. I'm stuck at 4.0.

Generated: Thu Feb 09 2006 10:45:33 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060111 Firefox/1.5.0.1
Build ID: 2006011112

Enabled Extensions: [39]
# Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.3.0.1 - Synchronizes Adblock with Filterset.G
# Adblock Plus 0.5.11.2 - Filters ads from web-pages. Now with whitelisting and synchronization.
# AI Roboform Toolbar for Firefox 6.6.1 - Allows to use Roboform in Firefox.
# All-In-One Sidebar 0.6.4 - Quickly switch between sidebars, view dialog windows such as downloads, extensions, and more in the sidebar, or view source or websites in the sidebar. It includes a slide-out button and a toolbar, all of which can be extensively customized.
# Answers 1.24 - Alt+Click on any word or term for quick info (definitions, up-to-the-minute reference, and more). No selection is necessary!
# Back to Top 3.0 - Go to the top (or bottom) of a page
# BBCode 0.4.1.3 - Adds Formating (BBCode/HTML/XHTML/etc.) to the context menu for Blogs and forums like Mozillazine (PHPBB and others).
# Bookmarks LinkChecker 0.6.8.2 - This extension checks links.
# Clippings 1.1 - Save frequently-entered text for pasting later.
# Connect to address 1.1.5 - Open textual link that not be HTML link
# Context Highlight 0.2 - Lets you highlight words on the page via the context menu.
# Copy URL + 1.3.2 - Copies to clipboard the document's URL along with the title or the selected text.
# CustomizeGoogle 0.41 - Enhance Google search results and remove ads and spam.
# Dictionary Tooltip 0.9 - Press ctrl+shift+D (or) double-click after selecting a word to see its meaning.
# Download Manager Tweak 0.7.1 - A modification of the Firefox download manager that changes its appearance and allows it to be opened in a separate window, a new tab, or the sidebar.
# DownThemAll! 0.9.8.7 - The mass downloader for Firefox.
# Enhanced Bookmark Search 0.1.4.03 - Flexible Bookmark Search
# Fasterfox 1.0.3 - Performance and network tweaks for Firefox.
# FireFTP 0.90.1 - FTP Client for Mozilla Firefox.
# Flashblock 1.5.1 - Replaces Flash objects with a button you can click to view them.
# Forecastfox 0.8.5 - Get international weather forecasts and display it in any toolbar or statusbar with this highly customizable extension.
# IE Tab 1.0.7.6 - Enables you to use the embedded IE engine within Mozilla/Firefox.
# Image Toolbar 0.6.3 - Provides easy access to common image functions.
# Image Zoom 0.2.3 - Adds zoom functionality for images
# Locate in Bookmark Folders 0.2.4 - Locates a bookmark in Bookmarks Manager's folders tree or in the Bookmarks Sidebar, complementing the Bookmark Search feature of Firefox.
# Mouse Gestures 1.0.4 - Allows you to execute common commands using mouse gestures.
# MR Tech Local Install 4.0 - Local Install power tools for all users.
# NoScript 1.1.3.9 - Extra protection for your Firefox:
# Open Link Host 1.21 - Open the host of a link.
# Organize Status Bar 0.3 - Organize your status bar icons.
# Paste Quote 0.3.1 - Lets you paste text as forum quotations from the context menu.
# Permit Cookies 0.6.2 - Set cookie permissions for the site you are viewing
# PopupMaster 1.0 - Places the popup blocker icon in the status bar, regardless of site settings.
# Redirect Remover 1.1 - Removes redirects from links
# Remove Cookie(s) for Site 0.2 - Adds right-click menu option and toolbar button to remove all the cookies of currently opened site.
# Sage 1.3.6 - A lightweight RSS and Atom feed aggregator.
# Tab Mix Plus 0.3.0.2 - Tab browsing with an added boost.
# Talkback 1.5.0.1 - Submit a crash report to Mozilla.org.
# ViewMyCurrency 0.38 - View the web in the currency you want

Disabled Extensions: [2]
# PDF Download 0.6 - Allows to choose if you want to view a PDF file inside the browser (as PDF or HTML), if you want to view it outside Firefox with your default or custom PDF reader, or if you want to download it!
# Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.8.8 - Enhances control over some aspects of tabbed browsing.

Total Extensions: 41

Installed Themes: [2]
# Firefox (default)
# Noia 2.0 (eXtreme) 2.996

Installed Plugins: (30)
# Adobe Acrobat: nppdf32.dll
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 6.00 for Netscape
# Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 6: NPJPI150_06.dll
- Java Plug-in 1.5.0_06 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
# Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 6: NPJava11.dll
# Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 6: NPJava13.dll
# Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 6: NPJava12.dll
# Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 6: NPJava14.dll
# Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 6: NPOJI610.dll
# Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 6: NPJava32.dll
# MetaStream 3 Plugin: npViewpoint.dll
- MetaStream 3 Plugin r4
# Microsoft® DRM: npdrmv2.dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
# Microsoft® DRM: npwmsdrm.dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
# Mozilla Default Plug-in: npnul32.dll
- Default Plug-in
# PCMan's IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox: npietab.dll
- IE Tab Plug-in developed by Hong Jen Yee
# QuickTime Plug-in 7.0.4: npqtplugin9.dll
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
# QuickTime Plug-in 7.0.4: npqtplugin5.dll
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
# QuickTime Plug-in 7.0.4: npqtplugin6.dll
# QuickTime Plug-in 7.0.4: npqtplugin.dll
# QuickTime Plug-in 7.0.4: npqtplugin2.dll
# QuickTime Plug-in 7.0.4: npqtplugin7.dll
# QuickTime Plug-in 7.0.4: npqtplugin3.dll
# QuickTime Plug-in 7.0.4: npqtplugin4.dll
# QuickTime Plug-in 7.0.4: npqtplugin8.dll
# RealJukebox NS Plugin: nprjplug.dll
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
# RealNetworks Rhapsody Player Engine: nprhapengine.dll
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
# RealPlayer Version Plugin: nprpjplug.dll
# RealPlayer(tm) G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In (32-bit) : nppl3260.dll
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
# Shockwave Flash: NPSWF32.dll
- Shockwave Flash 8.0 r22
# Shockwave for Director: np32dsw.dll
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1
# Windows Genuine Advantage validation plug-in: npLegitCheckPlugin.dll
# Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library: npdsplay.dll
- Npdsplay dll
Last edited by Tanker Bob on February 9th, 2006, 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Tanker Bob
Tanker Bob's PDA Page