Session Manager 0.1 to 0.3.9+

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

AnonEmoose wrote:- Middleclick tabbar = undoclosetab

You could have used the Tab Clicking Options extension.

Post by ******** »

C@rb0n wrote:

better yet, use my superT extension, which has Tab Clicking Options and more!
(see signature for link)
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

C@rb0n wrote:

desertfox wrote:
C@rb0n wrote:

better yet, use my superT extension, which has Tab Clicking Options and more!
(see signature for link)

Hehehe, sure I could, but I tweak/customize my installed extensions because I know how... lol

Peng wrote:
AnonEmoose wrote:probably caused by a quick doubleright click

I am not double-right-clicking. At first, the browser context menu was only appearing after a short time, but I'm sure I was not double-clicking. Then they both appeared, with the SM menu on top, then the SM menu after a short delay... In any case, I'm not double-clicking.
any other Tab related extensions installed??

maybe try disabling all your installed extensions (if you haven't tried this already) except for SessionManager to see if the behavior changes...
Peng

Post by Peng »

AnonEmoose wrote:any other Tab related extensions installed??

Yes. There's a link to all the extensions I have installed in my signature.

AnonEmoose wrote:maybe try disabling all your installed extensions (if you haven't tried this already) except for SessionManager to see if the behavior changes...

No, I hadn't tried it. Since I have three other extensions overriding the context menu on the toolbars and three more on the status bar, I'm going to blame Session Manager.

It opens both context menus in my test profile with only Console² 0.3.3.7+, DOM Inspector, Nightly Tester Tools 0.8b2, Talkback and Update Channel Selector 1.0.1, too.
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
Check out: Adblock Plus | FoxClocks | OpenBook
riowong

conflict with Tab Mix Plus which can't undo closed tab

Post by riowong »

I'm just newly trying this Session Manager. However I found that it conflicts with Tab Mix Plus without enabling its session manager function which I've been using for a long time. I now can't reopen closed tabs, and can't control tab closing focus direction.

Is there any settings from Session Manager could skip conflicting issue to Tab Mix Plus pls?
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

Peng wrote:
AnonEmoose wrote:any other Tab related extensions installed??

Yes. There's a link to all the extensions I have installed in my signature.

AnonEmoose wrote:maybe try disabling all your installed extensions (if you haven't tried this already) except for SessionManager to see if the behavior changes...

No, I hadn't tried it. Since I have three other extensions overriding the context menu on the toolbars and three more on the status bar, I'm going to blame Session Manager.

It opens both context menus in my test profile with only Console² 0.3.3.7+, DOM Inspector, Nightly Tester Tools 0.8b2, Talkback and Update Channel Selector 1.0.1, too.
i'm wondering if it's possible to be a linux-centric thing??
Peng

Post by Peng »

AnonEmoose wrote:i'm wondering if it's possible to be a linux-centric thing??

Could be. Oh joy.
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
Gary King

Post by Gary King »

When will this be on addons.mozilla.org ? :) Also, Session Manager seems to be a bit quirky lately. It seems that I have to wait for a tab I opened to be added to the Session Manager list, so I have to wait a few seconds after loading a new tab before closing my window so that the new tab is saved with SS.
SevenSeven

Post by SevenSeven »

zeniko (or anyone else),

Could you please design SM so that, at least optionally, one could double-click replace a session with the new name? zeniko, thanks again, for all the work you put into this.
riowong

Re: conflict with Tab Mix Plus which can't undo closed tab

Post by riowong »

riowong wrote:I'm just newly trying this Session Manager. However I found that it conflicts with Tab Mix Plus without enabling its session manager function which I've been using for a long time. I now can't reopen closed tabs, and can't control tab closing focus direction.

Is there any settings from Session Manager could skip conflicting issue to Tab Mix Plus pls?

I'm uninstalling SM due to conflict issue.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

desertfox wrote:the following code for "merge windows" is not working, because oldWindow is undefined:

Just for reference: this has been answered here and here.

AnonEmoose wrote:- Restore a session into tabs in current window (instead of a new window) as the default the restore method

Which is about as simple as adding a ! in front of aEvent.ctrlKey. ;)

As has already been mentioned, Tab Clicking Options is the recommended way to go. I prefer not having to hack an otherwise unrelated part of Firefox for getting such a feature (which I couldn't even test due to the lack of a middle mouse button).

Peng wrote:For me it also brings up the regular Firefox toolbar context menu, which is really annoying, because it gets frozen open until I right-click somewhere else on the toolbars.

This should have been fixed as of Session Manager 0.3.7.1.

riowong wrote:However I found that it conflicts with Tab Mix Plus without enabling its session manager function which I've been using for a long time. I now can't reopen closed tabs, and can't control tab closing focus direction.

For Session Manager 0.3.7 and earlier, setting the number of reopenable tabs to 0 should have taken care of this. As of Session Manager 0.3.7.1 incompatibilites of this sort shouldn't exist anymore.

Gary King wrote:Session Manager seems to be a bit quirky lately. It seems that I have to wait for a tab I opened to be added to the Session Manager list, so I have to wait a few seconds after loading a new tab before closing my window so that the new tab is saved with SS.

WFM. Does this also happen on a clean profile? Do you get any entries in the JavaScript console (with both javascript.options.* prefs set to true)? Could you please post exact steps to reproduce this behavior?

SevenSeven wrote:Could you please design SM so that, at least optionally, one could double-click replace a session with the new name?

Double-clicking in menus is impossible (try it: you'll see that the menu disappears as of the first click). I've finally decided to include an ugly hack to mitigate this issue: what SessionSaver used for deleting, I'm now using for overwriting - right-click + left-click. You'll see that a right-clicked session name will get bold (marked). Left-clicking a bold session will immediately replace it (hold shift for overwriting it with the current window).

I am aware of the fact that this feature is against quite some HIGs and against what I was argumenting for above. If you know of a better alternative which doesn't involve hidden prefs or submenus, I'm all for it. Should you however be of the opinion that this hack is too much (or that your mom could accidentally activate it), I'll rip it out again and leave you the code for individual hacking...
SevenSeven

Post by SevenSeven »

zeniko,

Actually, I was referring to the double-click replace function within the Save Current Window dialog. Instead of the old name, the one shown in the session list, being used for the double-click replacement, the new name, which is the one shown at the bottom of the dialog; maybe a checkbox or something near "Double-click an existing session..." that says "Replace existing session name with new..." or something. But the ugly hack is nice, however, the new name is not used.

Post by ******** »

i don't think the hack is really necessary, considering clicking the toolbar button or clicking save session is just as fast, or at least almost as fast.

just IMHO.
Peng

Post by Peng »

zeniko wrote:This should have been fixed as of Session Manager 0.3.7.1.

Yup. Works using 0.3.7.2. I missed the 0.3.7.1 release.

Hmph, I'll upgrade to 0.3.7.3 soon.
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)

Post by ******** »

somehow saving POSTDATA in session manager made me double-post when i restarted the browser.
weird.
sry.
Last edited by ******** on March 25th, 2006, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.