LCD Clock v0.3 [Mar-21][FF]

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

I'm Back on my Windows system and v 0.3.1 is "not a valid install package" for branch - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060325 Firefox/2.0a1 - Build ID: 2006032503

Says compatible for "Bon Echo 1.5 to 1.6*"

Working via MR Tech's Local Install
My Firefox Add-Ons Collection: Firefox Essentials
Uncle Spellbinder

Working quite well, I might add.
menet

Bug with LCDclock and Forecastfox

Post by menet »

I am testing a <strong>beta version of ForecastFox 0.9</strong> with <strong>LCDclock 0.31</strong> installed, i have encountered a big problem. :evil:

I use Forecastfox and LCDclock on the <strong>menu bar</strong>. I have the menus functions, then Forecastfox icon then at last on right LCDclock. With few icon days for forecastfox, all runs well.

But for one value for long term prevision there is a bug. For a bigger value Forecastfox 0.9 does not show the icons because it knows that it have not enought space to show them.

With the bad value, 4 for my case, i loose the right part of all the bars, LCDclock is truncated, i loose one button in the button bar, I loose space in status bar. If the web page contains a scrollbar, we can't access to it, it is too much at right !

I think that it is a LCDclock bug because if i put ForecastFox with <strong>FoxyTunes</strong>, at right of it on the menubar, then FoxyTunes is scrolled at right and we loose a part of it, <strong>but only of it</strong>.
In the case of LCDclock, the size of the part of LCDclock which is missing is the size of all the miss space for all the bars and of the web page.

Bloodeye, can you investigate ?

Best Regards ;)
Bloodeye

Post by Bloodeye »

Hi menet - Could you post a screenshot of how it looks?

I've downloaded the beta and will see if I can re-produce.
menet

Post by menet »

Hi Bloodeye,
here is a view of the right par of my screen where you can see the bug
I am in full screen with FireFox, and you can see, several things are missing on the right (truncated clock and button, scrollbar little visible, 6 of 2006 not visible,...)
We have past 15th o'clock, before, i have one more icon and the miss was bigger.

regards ;)
Bloodeye

Post by Bloodeye »

menet - I couldn't re-produce behaviour. You must have more on your menu bar than "menu's", "forecastfox", and "lcdclock"? Try this: Click the middle "Windows" button, not the minimize button, but the restore button. Resize your window, and see if Forecastfox gets smaller like in image below. This Forcastfox action only seems to happen when manually resizing the window. I believe this is a Forecastfox bug. You could make him aware of this problem at the Forecastfox forum

menet

Post by menet »

Bloodeye - I have made tests reducing the window size with and without LCD clock. With it i have problems; without it works well, i don't loose the scroll bar. :?
I have also said before that Forecastfox with FoxuTunes works also well.

Can you make the following test :
- Uninstall LCDclock from the menu bar.
- Show in your menu bar Forecastfox with few icons to be all seen on the menu bar (reduce the long term prevision number); let space to install LCDclock after.
- Modify the size of the window to see the effect of reducing the size. Nothing should change, you will loose only on the menu bar the last icons of forecastfox if the window is small.
- Return to a large size to have enough space at right of forecastfox icons to put LCDclock.
- Install LCDclock at right of forecastfox icons
- If enough space was gived, you should see all the forecastfox icons followed by LCDclock.
- Then try to reduce the window and look the effect it gives. For me it is bad :evil:

Can you test it ;)
Bloodeye

Post by Bloodeye »

menet - I have tried, but am not seeing that behaviour. If I have too many elements on the menu bar with Forecastfox on the menu bar then it pushes those elements off the right side of the screen, but I don't lose my scrollbar, or statusbar.

The point I was trying to make with the image, is that Forecastfox resizes itself when you manually resize the window, but it doesn't when the window is maximized. At least it doesn't for me.

It could be that you just have too many items on the menu bar. In the end there isn't much I can do.

What happens if you place something else after LCD Clock on the menu bar? Maybe even a flexible spacer.
menet

Post by menet »

Bloodeye - I have reproduced the problem on an empty profile.
- add forecastfox with 8 for long term prevision on the menu bar
- add LCD clock on the menu bar after the flexible spacer
- and change the option of LCD clock to : "Large Clock". It is that option that bring the problem
- reduce the size of the window and you will see the right side of the status bar which disapears.

<strong>You can reproduce it only with changing the LCD clock option to "Large Clock" on your current profile</strong> :twisted:

regards ;)

I have reproduced it on an empty profile with only LCD clock on the menu bar at right with a large clock. When the size of the window is reduced and the clock touch the "?" of the menu, continuing to reduce the size of the window shows the problem. Without the large LCD clock there is no problem.
Bloodeye

Post by Bloodeye »

OK...I was able to re-produce with Large Clock option. That's the strangest thing - there really is no reason for that behaviour. I'll try to investigate why it's doing that, but I have a feeling there is nothing that can be done.

I guess for the time being use Small Clock option. ;)
Uncle Spellbinder

Just my 2 cents:

I always thought the "large clock" option was far to large. Tried it once, didn't like it at all. But, to each his own. I guess that's why the call it an option. I'll shut up now.
Premier

Not displayed in Thunderbird!

Post by Premier »

Hello Bloodeye,

I was pleased to see install.rdf.
But, I was not able to display it though I was able to install LCDclock 0.31.
I hope to display it also with Thunderbird.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ja; rv:1.8.0.2)
Gecko/20060308 Thunderbird/1.5.0.2 ID:2006030803
Old HardinComp

Post by Old HardinComp »

I love this extension, but when I tried to install it in Thunderbird 2.0a1 I got a blank area of mu menu bar. Does anyone know of a way to make it work in Thunderbird as well? I'd love to have it in both my Mozilla programs.
Eyes-Only

Post by Eyes-Only »

Yeah, I got the same thing HardinComp back when I first installed it into Firefox and it said likewise that it could be placed into TBird. I thought, "Man! If I could just place this on the letter page it would so helpful me to keep track of the time I'm spending in writing to people!"

Guess it wasn't meant to be as I got the same blank spot as you no matter what I did. I was hoping it was something the developer would fix but I guess not, eh? :(

Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
--
"We never know just how much a kind word, or a gesture, will lift the spirits of a person in need and heal them." KDpup-484, LucidPup-511, SM2+/FX4+/TB31+