Download Manager Tweak that works

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

Schrade wrote:chob has graciously tried his hand at making it work with branch builds. His version works just fine for me!

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 04#2407604

Thanks for the tip, Schrade! Works great for me with FF 2.0b.

Kudos to chob for the work!
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul." ~ Heraclites, 500 B.C.

The Blood Series: BloodFire, BloodFire 3, BloodThunder, BloodSun, & BloodSong
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Thanks chob, 072 works real nice!

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

Schrade wrote:chob has graciously tried his hand at making it work with branch builds. His version works just fine for me!

Thanks for the information. I applaud chob for his valiant attempt to fix the extension. But I fail to see the difference between the version released and the version shown there. I have tested it and it would seem that the buttons (stop, pause, cancel, resume) do not work with either. Although you can right click and use the context menu fine.

I am currently using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060731 Minefield/3.0a1 (BlueFyre)

[Edit]
Also to note I have yet to see it "breaking the new preferences window". I can see that the obvious button that is supposed to activate the preferences for that extension is not there, but I can't seem to find how it breaks the preference window?
If you notice this notice you may notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

BlueFyre wrote:

Thanks for the information. I applaud chob for his valiant attempt to fix the extension. But I fail to see the difference between the version released and the version shown there. I have tested it and it would seem that the buttons (stop, pause, cancel, resume) do not work with either. Although you can right click and use the context menu fine.

I am currently using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060731 Minefield/3.0a1 (BlueFyre)

[Edit]
Also to note I have yet to see it "breaking the new preferences window". I can see that the obvious button that is supposed to activate the preferences for that extension is not there, but I can't seem to find how it breaks the preference window?

The fix was actually for Bon Echo and not Minefield, I believe. Bon Echo was just having problems with breaking the prefs window, not anything with the buttons in the manager.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

Yep, I guess thats what that is.
Oh well, I still wait for someone to take on this 'challenge'
If you notice this notice you may notice that this notice is not worth noticing.