miniT 20110327

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

did you nstall the enhanced version, MiniT+ ?
Moonwolf

Post by Moonwolf »

Perhaps you should rename it SlightlyBiggerT to reduce the confusion :D
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050223 Firefox/1.0.1
Thunderbird 1.0 (20041206)
EMbuttons: Buttons & options for the Extension Manager. Easy Get Mail Button is here too.
gessi2000

Post by gessi2000 »

Not sure, but it wasn't miniT+!
gessi2000
dorando

Post by dorando »

gessi2000 wrote:Hello,
I just installed miniT and want to use it that way, that a DoubleClick on my Tochpad closes a Tab.
How can I configure miniT that way?
I can't find any preferences for it...

Either install Tab Clicking Options or use miniT+ (the second install link).
Christian-79

miniT and Keyconfig

Post by Christian-79 »

Is it possible to set a command in Keyconfig, that would close he active tab and switch to the right / to the left tab? I would like to have commands for both actions.

user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__NAME", "!][][][FUNCTION");

Regards

Christian
dorando

Post by dorando »

Close Tab moves focus to the right, following should move focus to the left:

user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Close Tab 2", "!][][][gBrowser.removeCurrentTab(); if(gBrowser.mTabContainer.selectedIndex) gBrowser.mTabContainer.selectedIndex--;");

miniT is not needed for this.
Christian-79

Post by Christian-79 »

Thanks. :) Works as espected.

I will use Ctrl+W as "Close & Focus to the left" and Alt+W as "Close & Focus to the right". I will turn "focus last selected tab" on. So should I use only the mouse (middle-click) to close the tab instead of the keyboard, it will take "focus last selected tab".

So I still need to know the pref for "Close & Focus to the right". Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Christian-79 on January 30th, 2005, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sjvilla79

Post by sjvilla79 »

opening bookmarks from firefox's sidebar with the "always open bookmarks in new tabs" pref doesn't work. i'm using MiniT+ 20041125.8, made by Samir L. Boulema. Hopefully this feature will come soon. Otherwise, this is an awesome extension. Thanks for the work on this one, guys.
minipouss

Post by minipouss »

it has never worked for me, that's why I looked at Click2Tab and adopted it. But I keep MiniT+ for the drag n' drop thing
digs

Post by digs »

Regarding item 5 in first post "Tabs can be dragged." I find this to be true, but when I close FF then reopen the tabs return to there original hiarchy. Any way to make the changes perminant? One other question can tabs be relabeled? Thanks.
Christian-79

Post by Christian-79 »

dorando wrote:Close Tab moves focus to the right, following should move focus to the left:

user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Close Tab 2", "!][][][gBrowser.removeCurrentTab(); if(gBrowser.mTabContainer.selectedIndex) gBrowser.mTabContainer.selectedIndex--;");

miniT is not needed for this.

I only tested it shortly. I have to correct me: It doesn't work. You have 3 tabs open in the order: 1 2 3. If Tab 3 is in the foreground and you close it, focus will be on Tab 1. Tested in a clean profile with only Keyconfig installed.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Try these instead:

Code: Select all

user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Close Tab & Focus to the left", "!][][][var tab = gBrowser.mCurrentTab; if(tab.previousSibling) gBrowser.mTabContainer.selectedIndex--; gBrowser.removeTab(tab);");

user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Close Tab & Focus to the right", "!][][][var tab = gBrowser.mCurrentTab; if(tab.nextSibling) gBrowser.mTabContainer.selectedIndex++; gBrowser.removeTab(tab);");

digs wrote:Regarding item 5 in first post "Tabs can be dragged." I find this to be true, but when I close FF then reopen the tabs return to there original hiarchy.
This would be a bug in the extension you use to archive this feature...

digs wrote:One other question can tabs be relabeled? Thanks.
No.
Christian-79

Post by Christian-79 »

dorando wrote:Try these instead:

Code: Select all

user_pref("keyconfig.main.xxx_key__Close Tab & Focus to the left", "!][][][var tab = gBrowser.mCurrentTab; if(tab.previousSibling) gBrowser.mTabContainer.selectedIndex--; gBrowser.removeTab(tab);");

Many thanks! :) Tested it and it works well. :)
Last edited by Christian-79 on February 9th, 2005, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

This extension seems to crash firefox when javascript:window.close(); is called on trunk builds.
Morac

Note for sboulema

Post by Morac »

I believe I found a bug in your MiniT+ code.

On line 51, there is a call made to tablib.moveTabTo that contains 3 parameters as such:
this.moveTabTo(t,this.mCurrentTab._tPos+tablib.nextTab,1);

moveTabTo only takes 2 parameters. I think you left the 1 in by accidentl.