miniT 20110327

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling minit ? cause it works for me...
steve1000

MiniT+20050216.3 since Firefox 1.0.1 open tab next jumps

Post by steve1000 »

sboulema wrote:have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling minit ? cause it works for me...

Yes tried that before, just tried uninstalling and reinstalling again. Behaviour the same.

Maybe its an interaction with the session saver extension...since Firefox 1.0.1 my session saver snapback tabs are blank...not the tab-window, the window comes back OK but the tab itself is blank. I was just writing to that forum about it when you replied.

See: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &start=960
hey_tommy

Indicator display arifact (miniT+ & Noia theme) - FIX

Post by hey_tommy »

converted wrote:miniT sboulema with drag indicator enabled conflicts with flowing tabs! it works fine, but after a tab is dragged and dropped, the indicator stays as a screen artifact. very annoying, and can only be fixed by disabling the indicator or flowing tabs extension

After some fiddling around, I finally managed to get rid of this annoying pseudo-bug of the tab drop indicator that just wouldn't go away. Had I read this thread earlier and known that this is a theme conflict (it never even occured to me to switch to the standard theme), I probably wouldn't have bothered trying to get this fixed... But now that's its done, hopefully someone else can benefit from this as well (I am using Noia Lite, but the fix will work for either of Noia themes).

Aside from testing with the Noia theme, I have also tested the modified version with the default theme and a few others, as well as verified correct functionality with the tab indicator enabled or disabled - there were no conflicts noticed regardless of which theme was used. I also have around 90+ extensions installed (yes i'm a junkie ;P ), and no conflicts with those have been noticed. The changes are pretty much strictly cosmetic, and no modifications to the code blocks responsible for tab dragging or other core functions have been made.

Below are instructions for those who want to modify the code themselves, or simply want to know what code changes are
included prior to installing this version of the extension.

1. Open the minit.jar, located in .\extensions\minit\chrome\ directory of your user profile (you can use PowerArchiver2004 or any other archive tool that opens JAR files).
  2. Open the content\minit\tabdrop.css file, and make the following changes:
    1. Add the following line to the #tab-drop-indicator property definition:

Code: Select all

display: moz-box;
    2. Add the following property attribute definition:

#tab-drop-indicator[dragging="false"] {
               display: none;
      }
    3. Save the file and update the archive.
  3. Open the content\minit\minit.xul file, and make the following changes:
    1. Scroll down to approximately line 265 - you will be at the end of the onDragOver event handler - add this line right before its closing bracket:

ind.setAttribute('dragging','true');
    2. Scroll down about 20 lines - you will be at the end of the onDrop event handler - add these 2 lines right before its closing bracket:

var ind = document.getElementById('tab-drop-indicator');
      ind.setAttribute('dragging','false');
    3. Save the file and update the archive.
  4. That's it :P

PS.
I realize the tabdrop.css modification can be probably done by adding a few lines to userChrome.css, but I'm quite new to this whole extension/javascript/XUL/RDF thang, and I didn't want to spend any more time looking into the chrome structure and definition... This is pretty clean and works just fine - perhaps I'll learn the chrome/XUL stuff some other day..

Here's the modified XPI (its based on SBoulema's modified MiniT+ 20050216.3, which is based on Dorando's MiniT 20050216)

MiniT_20050216.3a_enh_mod.xpi <----Save to disk, then drag & drop onto Firefox's window. (My server hasn't defined the xpi MIME-type).

Hopefully someone finds this useful ;)
hey_tommy

Re: MiniT+20050216.3 since Firefox 1.0.1 open tab next jumps

Post by hey_tommy »

steve1000 wrote:
sboulema wrote:have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling minit ? cause it works for me...

Yes tried that before, just tried uninstalling and reinstalling again. Behaviour the same.

Maybe its an interaction with the session saver extension...since Firefox 1.0.1 my session saver snapback tabs are blank...not the tab-window, the window comes back OK but the tab itself is blank. I was just writing to that forum about it when you replied.

See: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &start=960

Try disabling MediaPlayerConnectivity if you have it installed - I had the same problem, and isolated it to that extension.
steve1000

Re: MiniT+20050216.3 since Firefox 1.0.1 open tab next jumps

Post by steve1000 »

steve1000 wrote:MiniT+20050216.3 (i.e., the SBoulema version). Extension options ticked are: tab scrolling, drag indicator (doubleclicking opens new tab), open tab next to current, change tab opening order, always open bookmarks in new tabs (closing a tab changes focus to Last focused tab).

All was working correctly until I upgraded to Firefox 1.0.1 and then a new tab-jump behaviour started(described below). But MiniT+ does still work; it is just that the tab opening order now jumps. This happens on both my PCs.

Say I have a tab-window focused by clicking on a "start" tab. And I can readily open new tabs since I have an Extension Mirror RSS feed readily available in the Bookmarks Toolbar Folder...I use this every morning as I check out the new Firefox and Thunderbird extensions.

If in the "start" tab, I click a first Extension Mirror link, it correctly opens in the next tab right. But then, if I click an another Extension Mirror link, it jumps the next tab right and opens in the next tab right plus one. And from then on, if I click an another Extension Mirror link it jumps the next tab right and opens in the next tab right plus one...so the Extension Mirror links open in in a pattern that is every second tab. This happens until there are no more tabs right to jump. When the current tab is rightmost, new tabs then open next right.

Thanks hey_tommy it was MediaPlayerConnectivity.

And MediaPlayerConnectivity was also causing Session Saver snapback tabs to be blank.
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

hey_tommy: Thanks for the fix :)
Its now included in the new .4 version of MiniT+ :D
Sethnakht

Post by Sethnakht »

Hi,

I'm the author of MediaplayerConnectivity,

I confirm this bug, (Some already inform me of conflict with TabMix (wich use common code lines..)

I'm already trying to fix it as soon as possible

[EDIT]
The version 0.2.3 solve this problem :D
[/EDIT]
Morac

Post by Morac »

I noticed that the minit+ version contains a somewhat stripped down version of FLST. This will conflict with the real FLST extension if it is installed, especially since minit+ uses the same variable "flst" as FLST.

Why not check to see if flst exists (meaning FLST is installed), before just going ahead and creating a new version of it?
It would probably be better not to include it, but use it if it is available.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Why can't "FLST" function just be integrated into the default browser, once and for all? Is there a bug for that?
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

Morac wrote:I noticed that the minit+ version contains a somewhat stripped down version of FLST. This will conflict with the real FLST extension if it is installed, especially since minit+ uses the same variable "flst" as FLST.

Why not check to see if flst exists (meaning FLST is installed), before just going ahead and creating a new version of it?
It would probably be better not to include it, but use it if it is available.

Yes minit+ uses a stripped version of FLST...
So yes it will conflict with FLST when its installed, problem is i dont know how to check if flst is already installed...
dorando

Post by dorando »

Try

-var flst =
+var miniT_flst =
and

-window.addEventListener("load", flst.init, false);
+window.addEventListener("load", function(){ if(!window.flst) flst = miniT_flst; flst.init(); }, false);

untested

sasquatch wrote:Why can't "FLST" function just be integrated into the default browser, once and for all?
This is useless for me (For example: I open many threads here in the background and read them one after the other while still having tabs open left of them), so I hope this won't happen...
zone

Post by zone »

hi, would it be possible for tablib to behave like in TBE? i can't really put in in words so ima try to explain it like this..

rite now this is the way tablib works.. (imagine they are tabs..)

[1] [2] [2c] [2b] [2a] [3]

the tabs that are currently loading are the ones you will reach first, and tabs that are ready are way too far..

this is the way it worked on TBE..

[1] [2] [2a] [2b] [2c] [3]

thanks for any help =)
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

can you please add a real guid to minit+ so it can work in the trunk?
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

zone: Minit+ has that :)

TychoQuad: minit+ is currently using the same guid as the standard minit. And i dont want to change it, cause else people might install both minit and minit+ and end up with a half-working extension :(
So i will change the guid when Dorando will do it for the standard minit...
zone

Post by zone »

sboulema wrote:zone: Minit+ has that :)

Thanks! *happy dance* I was confused by the link to extensionsmirror, i thought i was installing minit+ but i didn't check the "quote" boxes. =)