miniT 20110327

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Lucky

Post by Lucky »

Where can I download it?

The Link in the first post doesn't work for me.

Björn
f4lc0n

Post by f4lc0n »

I would like to open links in the background, and bookmarks in the foreground on a middle click, i cannot do this since open links in background, and browser.tabs.loadInBackground seem to be linked together.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050226 Firefox/1.0.1 (stipe)
mai9

Post by mai9 »

dorando

Post by dorando »

mai9 wrote:I have to say that I got used to scrolling on the tab bar :) I have a suggestion for that function: Would you like to add an accessibilty key for scrolling tabs?

ctrl+scroll is used to zoom text, what about alt+scroll?

I would like to have this so I can change tabs without moving the cursor up to the tabbar.

Is already taken for "Scroll line by line" and I rather not overwrite this behavior (at least not until I've added some prefs). The other (usable) modifiers also seem to be taken..., use an extension with wheel rocker instead.

f4lc0n wrote:I would like to open links in the background, and bookmarks in the foreground on a middle click, i cannot do this since open links in background, and browser.tabs.loadInBackground seem to be linked together.

miniT doesn't provide any prefs by itself.
If you don't like it open chrome/minit.jar/content/minit.xul (in your profile; .jar is like .zip) and remove lines below "// boomarks opened in tabs".
Last edited by dorando on January 28th, 2004, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
f4lc0n

Post by f4lc0n »

dorando wrote:
mai9 wrote:I have to say that I got used to scrolling on the tab bar :) I have a suggestion for that function: Would you like to add an accessibilty key for scrolling tabs?

I would like to have this so I can change tabs without moving the cursor up to the tabbar.

Is already taken for "Scroll line by line" and I rather not overwrite this behavior (at least not until I've added some prefs).

f4lc0n wrote:I would like to open links in the background, and bookmarks in the foreground on a middle click, i cannot do this since open links in background, and browser.tabs.loadInBackground seem to be linked together.

miniT doesn't provide any prefs by itself.
If you don't like it open chrome/minit.jar/content/minit.xul (in your profile; .jar is like .zip) and remove lines below "// boomarks opened in tabs".

Thank you very much for the tip.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050226 Firefox/1.0.1 (stipe)
mai9

Post by mai9 »

dorando wrote:

Is already taken for "Scroll line by line" and I rather not overwrite this behavior (at least not until I've added some prefs). The other (usable) modifiers also seem to be taken..., use an extension with wheel rocker instead.

Wheel rocker is what I want? Oh, I didn't know that!
Lucky

Post by Lucky »

mai9 wrote:http://dorando.emuverse.com/projects/mozilla/

this link still works here :-k

Oh it is very lucky. When I use my ISP DNS Server, I can't open the page. But when I use a free dns Server I can open it. ;/

Björn
Lucky

Post by Lucky »

Hello,

I can't sort my tabs. I don't know why. Tab scrolling with the mouse wheel und other things work very well, but when I want change the position of one tab, it doesn't work.

Can anybody confirm it?

Firebird: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20040128 Firebird/0.8.0+

Lucky
dorando

Post by dorando »

Darn, I was able to reproduce it in
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20040128 Firebird/0.8.0+
but not in
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20040120 Firebird/0.8.0+

I'll check it. (I see when it happens, but not why yet)

This started between
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20040123 Firebird/0.8.0+
and
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20040124 Firebird/0.8.0+

The way this error happens indicates that it might be a core issue... filed bug 232736 (...stupid form... :roll: ), waiting for its outcome....

Fixed in
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20040131 Firebird/0.8.0+
Last edited by dorando on February 2nd, 2004, 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Old miahz

Post by Old miahz »

dorando wrote:miniT doesn't modify the real tab order just its visual order (via ordinal), so this is to be expected.
It should be possible to add support (from either side) to do this, but nothing is ready yet.
so it sounds like you're aware of this then. i've uncovered some problems this causes.

if you reorder tabs, and then set the homepage with the "Use Current Pages" function in options, they are saved in the original creation order, not as they are currently ordered. likewise, if you create a bookmark, and save the tabs to a folder, they are ordered by creation, not the new order.

not really major problems, but can definitely cause some confusion.

functionally, everything else in 0.7.0.5 works fine for me, and i love tab reordering. i also have sessionsaver 02d dev d1 nightly 6 installed, with no conflicts. makes a killer combo. nice work.
dorando

Post by dorando »

miahz wrote:i've uncovered some problems this causes.

There are likely more... If it would be possible to "really" reorder the tabs then this wouldn't happen, but I wasn't able to get it working properly...

miahz wrote:if you reorder tabs, and then set the homepage with the "Use Current Pages" function in options, they are saved in the original creation order, not as they are currently ordered.

To change this, miniT would need to overlay the option screen also, but the issue seems to minor to do that.

miahz wrote:likewise, if you create a bookmark, and save the tabs to a folder, they are ordered by creation, not the new order.

This should be changeable, I'll look into it for next version.
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

Dammit, Firebird crashed again!!!

I'm sick of this, Dorando, can you please make a version of miniT-tabscroll which assigns tab scrolling to a rediculous key combo (for example, Ctrl-Alt-Shift-Page Up/Down) so it doesn't conflict with anything, but still impliments tab scrolling that won't crash my browser, AND let me scroll across loading tabs?

miniT-tabscroll already does this, only it requires the mouse to be in position to work. The reason you can use virtually any keycombo, is because I will be assigning the function back to the mouse, only with the program I'm using, I will be able to do it anywhere within the program's window. I just need to be able to scroll my tabs without the browser dying on me and losing my favicons AGAIN!
rue

Post by rue »

Tycho:
Out of curiousity: what do you mean by "losing my favicons"?
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

Every time the browser crashes, or closes abnormally (ie, end task from Task Manager) it empties the cache, which deletes among anything that may have been bad, every icon which was bound to a bookmark... the Favicons.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Well TychoQuad, seems I was thinking overly complicated....

New version uploaded. Switching tabs via keyboard shortcuts should now always work. gBrowser.moveTabTo(aTab, aIndex) now provided. Reordering backend is now available as seperate extension (tablib) but is not required by miniT.