miniT 20110327

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Nope, dragging the tab to another window is the same as dragging the URL or a bookmark.
Support mozilla.dorando.at through donations/contributions.
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

# BRANCH:#227887 Ctrl+Tab doesn't work in failed (gray, completely blank) tab [All]

This checkin broke ctrl+tab, Ctrl+Shift+tab, Ctrl+Pgup and Ctrl+PgDn. I'm guessing it's because of that hack you added for me to fix the same problem. Thanks again for that btw, but It's no longer nessesary

EDIT: Sorry, it seems it wasn't minit... Continuing to search for source of problem...
EDIT2: Man, no idea what caused that... Everything seems to work fine as long as minit is the first extension I install, WindowQ the second, and TBX the last...
dorando

Post by dorando »

TychoQuad wrote:I'm guessing it's because of that hack you added for me to fix the same problem. Thanks again for that btw, but It's no longer nessesary
It wasn't a hack actually as it simply does the same as Checkin for this and SeaMonkey does this also.
Moonwolf

Post by Moonwolf »

TychoQuad wrote:Man, no idea what caused that... Everything seems to work fine as long as minit is the first extension I install, WindowQ the second, and TBX the last...
That would be the event handler bug. Please go to Bugzilla and vote for it [-o<
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050223 Firefox/1.0.1
Thunderbird 1.0 (20041206)
EMbuttons: Buttons & options for the Extension Manager. Easy Get Mail Button is here too.
dorando

Post by dorando »

dorando

Post by dorando »

20040920: [miniT, miniT (drag), tablib]
- Complete tablib rewrite. Following should now finally work correctly: Bookmark This Page...; Home Page -> Use Current Pages; Magpie; Flowing Tabs [tablib]
- Doubleclick handler will not be replaced if the extension 'Tab Clicking Options' is active
Wolfey

Post by Wolfey »

dorando: I have noticed that there is a conflict between miniT 20040920 and another extension, Marc Boullet's All-in-One Gestures 0.12.4, if both of these extensions are installed and enabled - When multiple tabs are open, if you try scrolling through the tabs, every other tab gets skipped :-k

I have also tried this out in new profiles, and the order of extension installation does not prevent the problem from happening (but disabling All-in-One Gestures 0.12.4 does).

I'm not sure which extension is causing the problem at this point - If it's All-in-One Gestures, I'll notify Marc of this, and see if the conflict between these two extensions can be fixed.

Also, the diamond "marker" that usually shows up when moving around tabs isn't showing up anymore - Was this removed for some reason?

Just letting you know of these things :)
Firefox (most recent stable version) - Windows 2K Pro SP4 / XP Pro SP2
Where is this red diamond/dot coming from? (Bug 272534)
dorando

Post by dorando »

Wolfey wrote:dorando: I have noticed that there is a conflict between miniT 20040920 and another extension, Marc Boullet's All-in-One Gestures 0.12.4, if both of these extensions are installed and enabled - When multiple tabs are open, if you try scrolling through the tabs, every other tab gets skipped :-k

Disable "Scroll wheel in tab bar" in All-in-One Gestures config screen.

Wolfey wrote:Also, the diamond "marker" that usually shows up when moving around tabs isn't showing up anymore - Was this removed for some reason?

That was miniT (drag+indicator).
Kitefighter

Post by Kitefighter »

Moonwolf wrote:That would be the event handler bug. Please go to Bugzilla and vote for it [-o<

Sorry if this a dumb question but this bug if filed for the Mozilla Browser, not for Mozilla Firefox. Will any bug filed/fixed for the Mozilla Browser make it's way to our foxie?
Moonwolf

Post by Moonwolf »

The browser component is core code shared between the suite and Firefox. A fair amount of the suite code is also used by Firefox and Thunderbird.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050223 Firefox/1.0.1
Thunderbird 1.0 (20041206)
EMbuttons: Buttons & options for the Extension Manager. Easy Get Mail Button is here too.
Wolfey

Post by Wolfey »

dorando wrote:
Wolfey wrote:dorando: I have noticed that there is a conflict between miniT 20040920 and another extension, Marc Boullet's All-in-One Gestures 0.12.4, if both of these extensions are installed and enabled - When multiple tabs are open, if you try scrolling through the tabs, every other tab gets skipped :-k

Disable "Scroll wheel in tab bar" in All-in-One Gestures config screen.

That fixed the tab-skipping problem :)

Unfortunately, with that option disabled, I won't be able to scroll through tabs now :(

dorando wrote:
Wolfey wrote:Also, the diamond "marker" that usually shows up when moving around tabs isn't showing up anymore - Was this removed for some reason?

That was miniT (drag+indicator).

Ah - My mistake...I got them mixed up :oops:
(Replacing the "diamond" with an arrow for the indicator in this version makes it look a lot nicer - For that matter, it made it very easy to see exactly where the tab would be dropped ;))

Also, I just noticed something interesting here:

miniT (drag+indicator) does not conflict with All-in-One Gestures' "Scroll wheel in tab bar" option - I can have that option enabled and use miniT (drag+indicator) without having the tab-skipping problem present in the original (your) miniT.

What I'm wondering about is: What code was changed in Caio's version of miniT (drag+indicator) that keeps the extension conflict present in your version of miniT from happening? :-k
dorando

Post by dorando »

Wolfey wrote:Unfortunately, with that option disabled, I won't be able to scroll through tabs now :(

This WFM. With which miniT variant and version happens this?

Wolfey wrote:What I'm wondering about is: What code was changed in Caio's version of miniT (drag+indicator) that keeps the extension conflict present in your version of miniT from happening? :-k

miniT (drag+indicator) only has tab dragging, but none of the other features of the base miniT.
Chrissss

Post by Chrissss »

Hi There!

Is thera version of MiniT which has drag + indicator + tabscroll + pref dialogue like the one from sboulema?

Thanks
Christoph
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

uhm my version has that all...

btw im busy updating my version of minit to the 20040920 code, but there are a few problems...
Chrissss

Post by Chrissss »

sboulema wrote:uhm my version has that all...

You mean this version?
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/extfiref ... _pass1.xpi

I miss the "indicator" function there. I'm using FF1.0PR and WinXP SP2.

Thanks
Christoph