Rebuilding TBE's featureset with other plugins

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
simulate030

Post by simulate030 »

Thanks, mai & rue.

I'm basically covered then, except for some simple function to open new tabs. What do you guys do to create a new tab?

Normally, I midclick the tab bar... but I don't think any non-TBE extension can do that. Would it be easy to make an extension to do it?

And as for SessionSaver, I never really liked it because it saves basically every session... compared to TBE saving only the sessions you need.
zombie_geek

Post by zombie_geek »

I added a toolbar that has the new tab icon.

simulate030 wrote:What do you guys do to create a new tab?
simulate030

Post by simulate030 »

Hmm, the tab bar @ bottom code didn't work...

[edit] never mind, my fault... put it in user.js at first
Last edited by simulate030 on February 14th, 2004, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rue

Post by rue »

simulate:
SessionSaver has options now: restore every session, only crashes, when manually told to. Saving -- likewise.
Cmd/ctrl + t :: new tab.
simulate030

Post by simulate030 »

Okay, I have 3 extensions running right now (TBP, SS, TabX), seems fine so far. Should I expect any noticeable slowdown from them? (hopefully not since they're all small)
Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis »

TBE is useless for session saving, the most likely time you are going to need your tabs restored to their previous state is after a crash and as TBE doesnt save session until after a succesful quit it fails every time.

Session saver so far has always restored my tab states including tab history which I find outstanding.
Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis »

since I installed firefox latest nightly before was still on firebird, I have been getting a new tab and new window on some links and this time I havent accidently disabled TBP.
gorgias

Post by gorgias »

I can confirm that. I have seen other posts about this to. Must be something that breaks this functionality in TBP :(
Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis »

yeah this is a bit of a bitch I may rollback to the 7 feb firebird build this 14 feb build is causing me loads of problems, will see what others come up with first tho.
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

rue: How's Window-Q going?I'm kinda having trouble getting any single window extension working atm...
Torisugari

Post by Torisugari »

Piro said he's planning to split TBE features.

http://pc2.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/software/1076957688/69
Last edited by Torisugari on February 18th, 2004, 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
gorgias

Post by gorgias »

I managed to get TBP working with a simple change in the code. Basically what I did (simplified, I can't remember the exact code atm):

Code: Select all

if(target=="_blank" || target =="_new") {
    event.preventDefault(); // moved by me
    openNewTabWith(href,...,...);

If event.preventDefault is called before openNewTabWith it will work, otherwise a new window will open as well. Strange because this was working before. Does anyone know if this is the correct behaviour?
storm119

Post by storm119 »

MiniT (Dorando),

Any plan to add up `Auto Focus' function.Just point to which tab and its open.At the moment we can scroll through tabs using the scrollwheel when the mouse is hovering over the tab bar.

Great extensions....say bye to TBE :)
freeb0rn

There is a post about this somewhere in the early pages...

Post by freeb0rn »

...of this topic. I was wondering if it is currently possible when opening new tabs to have them create NEXT to existing ones, instead of replacing them (for example middle-clicking a bookmarks folder will replace all current tabs or create new if more are needed, rather i would like them to be appended to the existing ones)?
c∂n

Post by c∂n »

place user_pref("browser.tabs.loadFolderAndReplace", false); in user.js with chromedit