Rebuilding TBE's featureset with other plugins

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
rue

Post by rue »

Window-Q 0.1 d2: <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/rue/Window-Q/windowq-01-dev.xpi">Installer</a>, and <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/rue/Window-Q/windowq.jar">jar-file</a>.
A "Single Window Mode" that one-ups TBP: even javascript-windows are caught.
right-click / save the installer. mozdev's propagation takes too long.
clav

Post by clav »

rue wrote:mozdev's propagation takes too long.

downloads.us-east3.mozdev.org usually updates every hour, within the first 10 mins of the hour.
freeb0rn

thanks

Post by freeb0rn »

i'll try and figure out what that means tho it seems a bit overmy head... (havent tinkered with any .js settings in FB/FF)
freeb0rn

Post by freeb0rn »

Got it working easy enough. thanks!
Moonwolf

Post by Moonwolf »

This version of Window-Q makes Firefox unstable for me. Sometimes a page will hang while loading (throbber continues to animate but nothing happens), and Firefox goes down when I hit the stop button. After a restart the same page will load fine, but another will do it. After disabling Window-Q everything is fine. I notice the options button now gives the same dialogue as Session Saver, could there be a clash?
On the plus side, it now works on the private site I mentioned before, except it loads the generated page in the same tab instead of a new one.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050223 Firefox/1.0.1
Thunderbird 1.0 (20041206)
EMbuttons: Buttons & options for the Extension Manager. Easy Get Mail Button is here too.
Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis »

gorgias wrote:I managed to get TBP working with a simple change in the code. Basically what I did (simplified, I can't remember the exact code atm):

Code: Select all

if(target=="_blank" || target =="_new") {
    event.preventDefault(); // moved by me
    openNewTabWith(href,...,...);

If event.preventDefault is called before openNewTabWith it will work, otherwise a new window will open as well. Strange because this was working before. Does anyone know if this is the correct behaviour?

I extracted the .jar file but couldnt find that code, you mind explaining exact instructions please

thanks
rue

Post by rue »

Window-Q 0.1 d3: <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/rue/Window-Q/windowq-01-dev.xpi">Installer</a>, and <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/rue/Window-Q/windowq.jar">jar-file</a>
    works for background-opened tabs
    works for "homepage" tabs
Moonwolf: either this version will be much more stable.. or a lot worse. It works for me, but I'm running an older build of mozilla. What we're doing is replacing "window.open()" in all contexts. The problem is, there's no easy to way to catch documents before they run their inline-scripts (aka popups). So, I have a listener tripping on webProgress start-requests -- all frames are scanned and "fixed", if necessary. The listener trips so often, I'm sure that's what causes your instability. If you don't mind, post any pages that repeatedly give trouble.
right-click / save the installer.
captdilly

Post by captdilly »

well WindowQ looks like its shaping up to be a good plugin so far, although its still somewhat unstable. A suggestion I have for you rue is coding in an alternate way to catch target="_blank" JavaScript windows. I can't speak for others, but personally its annoying having those links pop up in the current tab vs. a new tab. This was the only problem I was having with TBP (target=_blank links opening in a new window+a new tab as well), and also the only reason I wanted to switch to WindowQ (since right now it only does the same things.) So yeah I dunno how hard it'd be to change that, but I'd love you for many years <3

(not gay)
chuonthis

Post by chuonthis »

Hey captdilly, I had the new window + new tab problem but I found out it was because of Mouse Gestures. If you disable it, the problem should go away. I can't live without my rocker navigation...wish there was an extension for just that. AllInOne Gestures has it but it also slows down the browser even with only rocker navigation on (almost as much as TBE?!?!).
chuonthis extensions: [fx] BookKey 0.0.1, OpenBook 2.0.1.1, Update Bookmark 0.0.5.1 [tb] Buttons! 0.5.3.2, DeleteJunk 0.3.2, Flipping the Thunderbird 0.0.0.1, Folderpane 0.0.5, NNWODC 0.2.3
captdilly

Post by captdilly »

Oh wow chuonthis you're right. I never actually tested that out, because it had always worked until some of the .7+ nightlies. Well now I'm gonna look for other mouse gesture programs, since all I use it for are Close tab, Move Left one Tab, and move right one tab. (I have back+forward on my Explorer 3.0)

Thanks for pointing this out chuonthis.

EDIT: Well I don't get the problem using All In One Gestures. Unfortunately I end up disabling every feature except the gestures themselves (AIO is a merge of like 10 plugins.) Oh well it works.
rue

Post by rue »

Window-Q 0.1 d4: <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/rue/Window-Q/windowq-01-dev.xpi">Installer</a>, and <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/rue/Window-Q/windowq.jar">jar-file</a>
    catches target="_blank" -- in a smaller footprint than TBP :P
right-click / save the installer.
gorgias

Post by gorgias »

Chrysalis

In browseroverlay.js 82-91

Code: Select all

switch (targetPref) {
      case 1:
        event.preventDefault();
        window.openNewTabWith(href, linkNode, event, true); break;
      case 2: window.loadURI(href); break;
      default: return false;
   }
      // event.preventDefault(); // move up
   event.preventBubble();
   event.preventCapture();
   event.stopPropagation();
   return true;
rue

Post by rue »

gorgias:
It looks like it was intended for case2, as well.
--
Window-Q (minor update): relative urls are properly parsed.
Last edited by rue on February 19th, 2004, 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
gorgias

Post by gorgias »

Yes that's true I only wanted to make the smallest possible change to make it clear. (actually I commented out all event.prevent* and it seems to work anyway) Hopefully TBP gets an official update soon enough.
Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis »

gorgias great work, it now works.