Rebuilding TBE's featureset with other plugins

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Moonwolf

Post by Moonwolf »

Use this instead:

Code: Select all

.tabs-closebutton-box { 
   display: none !important;
}

If you can't hide the button, hide its parent box!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050223 Firefox/1.0.1
Thunderbird 1.0 (20041206)
EMbuttons: Buttons & options for the Extension Manager. Easy Get Mail Button is here too.
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

Ah ha, thank you Moonwolf. Worked prefectly..
Find Toolbar still has its button and everything else is ok. :)
Now to make it into part of Tab X :).

Btw, where do you go to find what you can do to get all these "options" for userChrome and userContent?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210
Moonwolf

Post by Moonwolf »

I worked out the box-hiding by looking at the button in the DOM Inspector. I had modified the original release of Tab X to use the same close button as the tab bar. Hiding the main button made my clones go AWOL as well, so I had to find another way to do it. It's still available at my old site but not repackaged for 0.9+ yet. Once EMbuttons hits 1.0 I'm going to give it an options dialogue for hiding the main button and adjusting tab height etc. then make it available under a slightly different name. Then I'm going to nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

For general userChrome stuff, the tips page at the Firefox Help site is the best place to start.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050223 Firefox/1.0.1
Thunderbird 1.0 (20041206)
EMbuttons: Buttons & options for the Extension Manager. Easy Get Mail Button is here too.
thenightfly42

Re: Close left Tabs/ Close Right Tabs

Post by thenightfly42 »

amaccormack wrote:Close left Tabs/ Close Right Tabs is the one feature of TBE I can't find anywhere else. Can anyone help, please?

I'm also interested in this feature.
lostnihilist

Post by lostnihilist »

what about getting a progress bar in tabs? isn't that done by TBE? I miss that feature, and can't find it (at least not in extensionroom)
Fedorov

Post by Fedorov »

thenightfly42 wrote:
amaccormack wrote:Close left Tabs/ Close Right Tabs is the one feature of TBE I can't find anywhere else. Can anyone help, please?

Is this not a feature of the MiniT pass11 I found on these forums?
It has an option to close tabs and go to left rather than the default right etc... and open New tabs NEXT to current instead of the default end of tabs.

Fedorov.
thenightfly42

Post by thenightfly42 »

Fedorov wrote:
thenightfly42 wrote:

Is this not a feature of the MiniT pass11 I found on these forums?
It has an option to close tabs and go to left rather than the default right etc... and open New tabs NEXT to current instead of the default end of tabs.

Fedorov.

No, you misread our request. The requested feature is to "close all tabs to the right of the current tab" (or left). Similar to "close other tabs", but only to one side.
radfaraf

Post by radfaraf »

Any extension other than TBE that allows you to switch tabs just by moving the mouse over one ?
Kaleus

Post by Kaleus »

Hello,

I'm seeking a way to do this:

-Left clicking a bookmark open it in a new tab in foreground.
-Clicking a link in a google search open a new tab instead of reusing the current one (singlewindow and TBP doesn't work for that).
-Adding a closebox to each tab (Tab X conflicting with Tab clicking options wich I use to reload a tab by double clicking it and undo closed tab by double clicking the tabbar).

Thank you very much. :)
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

// Always open bookmarks in new tab //
tablib_bookmarkEvent = '{ shiftKey:aEvent.shiftKey, ctrlKey:!aEvent.ctrlKey, metaKey:!aEvent.metaKey, altKey:false, button:0}';

eval('BookmarksMenu.loadBookmark=' + BookmarksMenu.loadBookmark.toString().replace(
'(aEvent)',
'(gPrefService.getBoolPref("browser.tabs.minit.open_tab_for_anybookmark") ? '+tablib_bookmarkEvent+' : aEvent)'));

eval('BookmarksCommand.createContextMenu=' + BookmarksCommand.createContextMenu.toString().replace(
'case "cmd_bm_open":',
'case "cmd_bm_open":if(gPrefService.getBoolPref("browser.tabs.minit.open_tab_for_anybookmark")) {popup.childNodes[2].setAttribute("default", "true"); break;}'));

That piece of code opens bookmarks in a new tab with a normal click. That works fine in most cases, but if a bookmark has the "load in sidebar" option checked, then it still opens it in a new tab. Is it possible to extend this code with something like: if ("load in sidebar" = checked) then ignore the load in new tab stuff.
Thanks in advance :)
Kaleus

Post by Kaleus »

Hi Sboulema,

I've pasted that code in my UserChrome.css but it doesn't work. :(

(FF 1.0PR)

Thank you.
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

no that code doesnt go in the userchrome.
grab my minit extended: http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.ph ... 1&hl=minit
it has that code built-in...
Kaleus

Post by Kaleus »

Samir, is it possible to make a dedicated extension with only that function please? :oops:
dorando

Post by dorando »

eval('BookmarksMenu.loadBookmark=' + BookmarksMenu.loadBookmark.toString().replace(
'(aEvent)',
'(gPrefService.getBoolPref("browser.tabs.minit.open_tab_for_anybookmark") && !(BMDS.GetTarget(rSource,RDF.GetResource(NC_NS + "WebPanel"),true)) ? '+tablib_bookmarkEvent+' : aEvent)'));
Kaleus

Post by Kaleus »

How to use that code?
I'm not an extension developper :p

Thanks