Addons.Mozilla.Org rip-off?

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Nitallica

Addons.Mozilla.Org rip-off?

Post by Nitallica »

I wasn't sure where this topic would go because it's not necessarily about any specific Mozilla product (unless the AMO system counts?).

Every once in a while I like to Google myself or parts of my website, helps in finding sites that rip off my content, and I ran across a site that had my Firefox extensions posted (though one was WAY outdated!):

http://firefoxpro.net/

Anyone know anything about this site? It appears that they are pulling down updated content from AMO and posting it to their own site.

I've already sent a message via their contact form asking that they remove me and my extensions from their listings. (after all, only AMO has my permission!)

Nicki
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Contact AMO. These forums are not formally connected to Mozilla.
Nitallica

Post by Nitallica »

No probs, I'm writing up an email for the mailing list now ... just thought I'd ask here in case someone knew something I didn't. (which is usually the case! :))

Thanks!

Nicki
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

I was thinking, you might want to post something in one of the extension forums to alert other extension authors. Actually, I'll move this to one of them now. ;-)
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

w00t! A nicer site than addons.mozilla.org, a shame it's slow (at least for me), not properly updated and includes the same trackware toolbars. But I like much more that design than the current AMO. :D
Nitallica

Post by Nitallica »

Daifne, thank you.

DonGato, you're joking ... right? ;) Too each his/her own. :D

Seriously though: this person/group is taking content directly from the AMO site without permission of Mozilla Org, or the authors who publish to AMO. I certainly can't speak for anyone else, but I did not appreciate it and want my things removed.