Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Noig

Re: Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Post by Noig »

Philip Chee wrote:
Noig wrote:Phil
The delicious above is not working any longer in 2.0.
For some reason it did work at the beginning??
Any chances on that?
Thank you a million!

http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#deliciouscomplete

Install del.icio.us Complete for Seamonkey 2.0 and above:
del.icio.us_complete-1.3.1-mod.xpi

Changes:
  • Compatible with SeaMonkey 2.0+ and Firefox 3.5+.
  • Removed support for SeaMonkey 1.1 and Firefox 2.0.
  • Bumped version number to 1.3.1.
  • All menu items now open in a new tab/window instead of the current tab.
Phil

Philip
Thank you very much!
Brilliant! =D>
Everyone is becoming an expert within his own capabilities
The.Purple.Hippo

Post by The.Purple.Hippo »

how does this annoucement affect the future of SM addons?: http://coralietab.mozdev.org/index.html

Or better yet, what addons are affected?
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

The.Purple.Hippo wrote:how does this annoucement affect the future of SM addons?: http://coralietab.mozdev.org/index.html

add-ons with NPAPI plugins will be rejected immediately.

But now that AMO allows self hosted extensions, all is not lost. The developer can still have an entry on AMO but hosted on Mozdev. Perhaps someone should tell him that?

Phil
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
DapperMe17

Post by DapperMe17 »

Phil,

How about a great tab manager? I'm sorry, but. context menu management just doesn't cut it.

Firefox, K-Meleon & even Opera have nice "tab mix plus" type managers.

Thanks
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

DapperMe17 wrote:Phil,

How about a great tab manager? I'm sorry, but. context menu management just doesn't cut it.

Firefox, K-Meleon & even Opera have nice "tab mix plus" type managers.

Thanks

The following only describes what I did to alleviate the lack of a real "Tab Mix Plus" extension on SeaMonkey. It is not a true replacement, and YMMV:
  • The Duplicate Tab and Tabs Menu extensions are some help. AFAICT, they work, though depending on your SeaMonkey version, you may have to override the version compatibility if you want to use them.
  • I found out how to get "flowing tabs" (tabs flowing onto additional rows when there are too many for a single row) by means of CSS. My SeaMonkey <profile>/chrome/userChrome.css can be found here. You may want to edit it before use: I know that some parts of it don't work and some parts are commented-out but at least this functionality works. One known limitation is that dragging a tab to a different position on the tab bar works only if the destination is on the first row. (This can be worked around somewhat by repeatedly dragging intervening tabs, rightmost first.)
  • The same userChrome.css contains code to replace the scroll buttons at top and bottom of long menus by a scrollbar which is (IMHO) more user-friendly. This is not tab-related per se but it applies e.g. to the Tabs menu (from the extension of the same name) when there are many of them (more than 36 in my case, with a maximized Browser window on a 1024x768 screen).
  • There is a "Session save" feature built-in but I don't trust it, so I set the Browser to load my "home page" at startup and I save the current tabs ("Use current group") as my home page just before shutdown. Also, I answer "Quit", not "Save and Quit" in the closedown dialog. (Once I answered "Save and Quit" and got all my tabs loaded twice upon restart.) Of course, this doesn't take crashes into account.
Best regards,
Tony
turu

Post by turu »

The.Purple.Hippo wrote:how does this annoucement affect the future of SM addons?: http://coralietab.mozdev.org/index.html

It seems people's voice reached the author. =D>

-Anonymous SM2 user :wink:
The.Purple.Hippo

and if you look at his page, you'd see the "shut down" annoucement has been removed: http://coralietab.mozdev.org/
Ocelot

Post by Ocelot »

jkessler wrote:Phil,

Any chance of getting FireFTP, Colorful Tabs, and TinyURL Creator updated to work with SeaMonkey 2?

Thanks for all the good work!

Jeremy

Phil, I'd like to add my request for TinyURL Creator--this is version 2.0 of the extension that allows the user to choose other link shrinking service sites besides tinyURL itself--along with Ant (who posted his request in the SM support newsgroup). I've tried to hack the install.rdf of this extension myself, but the older coding (it uses an install.js for SM 1.1.x) has me stumped in terms of making it recognizable to SM 2's compatibility checker. :-k By adding in an application target section for SM 2 to the install.rdf and switching off the compatibility check, I've been able to get this extension to successfully work in SM 2. However, this install is kludgy, and the continual burp of the Add-Ons Manager that "compatibility checking is disabled" gets old. :roll:

I know you're overloaded with requests, but this particular one is all on you, since the author, Jeremy Gillick, has a defunct contact e-mail (mail is undeliverable and it doesn't ping at all), and likewise hasn't responded to posts for TinyURL Creator in its respective Mozdev newsgroup. But, who knows? Maybe you have other means of getting in touch with him...

Link shrinking services have their pros and cons, but I and others find them useful, and TinyURL Creator is the best extension of the lot. Version 2.0 of the extension is available at the author's website http://mozmonkey.com/ at the bottom.

Thanks at least for taking a look at this. If I could translate the older coding of the install.rdf and some of what appears to be encrypted references, I'd give this a crack myself, but I just can't make heads or tails of it with the spotty hacking instructions available for extensions with regard to SM 2.

Purrs --
Ocelot
(D.K. Kraft)
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
-- Anonymous
The.Purple.Hippo

I can never understand why anyone would want to install a tinyURL addon rather than use a bookmarklet? You can create bookmarklets for most of those sites:

Code: Select all

javascript:void(location.href='http://tinyurl.com/create.php?url='+location.href)

just my opinion
turu

Post by turu »

The.Purple.Hippo wrote:I can never understand why anyone would want to install a tinyURL addon rather than use a bookmarklet? You can create bookmarklets for most of those sites:

I basically agree with you, but then I found it out that tinyURL addon can show what is actual address before you click the shorten link. This is something bookmarklet can Not do, though probably there're some other add-on for SM which has this preview capability...
And for the bookmarklet, I would go for tools from bit.ly rather than tinyURL. They offer more option on this field and...looks much better than tinyURL in anyway :mrgreen:
The.Purple.Hippo

bit.ly does have their own bookmarklet: http://bit.ly/pages/tools

I haven't tested this but this bookmarklet is supposed to turn all those tiny url's into long ones:

Code: Select all

javascript:void(function(){if(typeof jQuery == 'undefined'){var s=document.createElement('script');s.src='http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.2.6/jquery.min.js';document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(s);}var l=document.createElement('script');l.src='http://www.longurlplease.com/js/longurlplease.js';document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(l);function runIfReady(){try{if($.longurlplease){ clearInterval(interval); $.longurlplease();}}catch(e){}}; var interval = window.setInterval(runIfReady,100);}())
Ocelot

Post by Ocelot »

The.Purple.Hippo wrote:I can never understand why anyone would want to install a tinyURL addon rather than use a bookmarklet? You can create bookmarklets for most of those sites:

I think it's just a matter of preference, PH. I personally have never found bookmarklets to be the cat's meow, and so don't use them. TinyURL Creator has a right-click menu presence, so I don't even have to mouse up to a toolbar when I want to have a shortened link to a site.

turu wrote:I basically agree with you, but then I found it out that tinyURL addon can show what is actual address before you click the shorten link. This is something bookmarklet can Not do, though probably there're some other add-on for SM which has this preview capability...
And for the bookmarklet, I would go for tools from bit.ly rather than tinyURL. They offer more option on this field and...looks much better than tinyURL in anyway :mrgreen:

This preview capability would be nice, but I do believe it's limited to the use of tinyURL.com at this time. And as I stated in my original post, version 2.0 of TinyURL Creator allows one to choose the shrinking service site from this list: bit.ly, is.gd, rURL.org, shrunklink.com, tinyURL.com, tiny.pl, and wapurl.co.uk. I personally like the results I get from shrunklink.com over tinyURL.com; I haven't tried bit.ly, but may do so in the future.

Purrs --
Ocelot
(D. K. Kraft)
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
-- Anonymous
IByte

Post by IByte »

IsAdmin version 2.2, which was published on AMO today, is compatible with SeaMonkey 2.
Creator of the IsAdmin and Infocon Watcher add-ons.
therube

Post by therube »

Linked: IsAdmin 2.2 Shows whether the application is running with administrator privileges, by means of an icon in the status bar.

---

NoRedirect extension that lets the user take control of HTTP redirects. It can be used to interdict an ISP's DNS search redirection hijacks, preview/screen "shortened" URLs, stop the annoying redirection of "smart" error pages, etc.

(untested by me)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript