Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Emdaso wrote:i would love to see a working extension for seamonkey of surfulator. It's a quite new software for collecting and organisizing collected webitems similar to websnippets etc.
This doesn't look like open source. It's certainly payware. Please check the licence (if any) to see if they allow modification AND redistribution.

And also, Scrapbook which is open source is available from http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modified.html. Perhaps this will do what you want.

Phil
haqkzza

Webmail

Post by haqkzza »

* Can the "webmail" extension be used for Seamonkey?
http://webmail.mozdev.org/index.html

I tried installing it and get the "Install Script Not Found" error...
Philip Chee

Re: Webmail

Post by Philip Chee »

haqkzza wrote:* Can the "webmail" extension be used for Seamonkey?
http://webmail.mozdev.org/index.html

I tried installing it and get the "Install Script Not Found" error...
It might just be a matter of giving the XPI a proper install.js script. It also looks like you need to install two components, the base extension and one of the extensions that handles a particular webmail service. Over to BenoitRen.

Phil
h8uthemost

Post by h8uthemost »

Was there any news on Text to Image. I believe it was worked on, but I forget what happed with it. Is it usable in Seamonkey?

Thanks for any info.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

h8uthemost wrote:I have been trying and try to get Download Statusbar and Linkification to work, but I just can't without some kind of guide. It's nothing like just bumping an out of date extension. It's a little complicated.
The latest version of Linkification (1.3.1) claims to be compatible with SeaMonkey and Mozilla Suite.

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

h8uthemost wrote:Was there any news on Text to Image. I believe it was worked on, but I forget what happed with it. Is it usable in Seamonkey?
I don't remember a request for this. Link please?

Phil
h8uthemost

Post by h8uthemost »

Philip Chee wrote:
h8uthemost wrote:Was there any news on Text to Image. I believe it was worked on, but I forget what happed with it. Is it usable in Seamonkey?
I don't remember a request for this. Link please?

Phil

Hmmm...I could've sworn I saw Benoit posting something about this, on the first or second page, but I can't seem to find it now. Maybe I just imagined the whole thing.

Well anyways, can I request it to be ported? Here it is. It's actually compatible with Seamonkey 1.0-1.5. I just tried installing it, and I get a Chrome Registry Error.

Thanks for any help with it.

Philip Chee wrote:
h8uthemost wrote:I have been trying and try to get Download Statusbar and Linkification to work, but I just can't without some kind of guide. It's nothing like just bumping an out of date extension. It's a little complicated.
The latest version of Linkification (1.3.1) claims to be compatible with SeaMonkey and Mozilla Suite.

Phil

And wow, I didn't know about that. But actually, I'm using the Linkify Plus userscript. So it does the same job. I'm going to check out Linkification though, and see if it is working. Download Statusbar, when I was trying it, it wouldn't show the download status. So that pretty much made it a non-usable extension.

Thanks
Rickkins

Post by Rickkins »

janrey

Post by janrey »

[quote="BenoitRen"]Progress report:

When I try to install [b]Paste Email[/b], I get a "Chrome registration failed." error. I'm stumped. Despite that, the extension registered itself properly, except for not registering an overlay for navigator.xul in overlays.rdf. Once I added that, the extension worked. Strange.

h8uthemost, could you post a link to the Restart extension? I found multiple ones that could have been the one you wanted on AMO.

[b]SunCult[/b] installs fine, but doesn't seem to work well. It shows a window consisting of only a titlebar for its configuration. The Error Console shows:
[code]Warning: Event=popupshowing, use of preventBubble() is deprecated. Use W3C standard stopPropagation() instead.
Source File: chrome://navigator/content/navigator.xul
Line: 0[/code]

[b]Google toolbar[/b]: janrey, do you mean [url=https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/33/]googlebar[/url]? If not, I can't find it.

The google website. I found they had one labeled for Mozilla that worked.

[b]ForecastFox[/b]: This extension used to work fine in SeaMonkey, though I've recently heared it doesn't anymore. It still advertises itself as compatible, though, so I'd complain to the author.

[b]FareCompare[/b] = [url=https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2040/]FareFirst[/url]?

No FareCompare.com. They had an extension I'd use to keep an eye on rates to go home.

[b]BugMeNot[/b] installs fine, and is supported on Mozila 1.7b, so it should work in SeaMonkey. It doesn't?

Yep, it does. After a battle with Forecastfox I was afraid to try any not specifically labeled.

Isn't [b]AdBlock[/b] already compatible with SeaMonkey?

Yes, again afraid to try if not labeled.

[quote]Umm Benoit? Too bad this topic couldn't in some way get made a sticky? Or does it take a mod to do that?[/quote]
Yes, it takes a mod to do that.[/quote]
janrey

Post by janrey »

[quote="BenoitRen"][url=http://users.skynet.be/fa258499/extensions/farecompare.xpi]FareCompare[/url] - needed an install.js, and modifications to the regular contents.rdf and the one for the skin. I never got a feed, though. Maybe I needed to wait longer.

Thank you. Did you actually add the feed so that it appears in the listing. Mistake I always make is to just type in the two locations and forget to click add before clicking ok.

[b]Fission[/b] needs to be modified to use SeaMonkey's autocomplete instead of the one it uses in Firefox. If you try to install it, your location bar disappears.

[b]UndoCloseTab[/b] doesn't work. Even older versions that are supposedly compatible with Mozilla don't. The current version probably doesn't because of the different tabbrowser implementation.

Installing [b]miniT Tabscroll[/b] after doing the necessary modifications doesn't give an error, but it doesn't register itself. Weird.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to clear out my chrome.rdf...[/quote]
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

h8uthemost wrote:Well anyways, can I request it to be ported? Here it is. It's actually compatible with Seamonkey 1.0-1.5. I just tried installing it, and I get a Chrome Registry Error.
Well it's already ported. It just has some silly cut and paste errors in it's install.js script. Just make the following changes to it:

Code: Select all

-   extPreferences : 'txttoimage.js', // e.g., ['extension.js']
+   extPreferences : ['txttoimage.js'], // e.g., ['extension.js']
....and....
       // Register content
-      Install.registerChrome(Install.CONTENT | installType, jarPath,
-                            'content/rainbowpicker/');
+      var regPath = 'content/' + this.extShortName + '/';
+      Install.registerChrome(Install.CONTENT | installType, jarPath, regPath);
Where those lines starting with [-] are to be replaced by those lines starting with [+].

Or better still, email the authors about this:
Starks
Toad King

Phil
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

Split Browser
This would be great if it worked on SeaMonkey.

My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Zoolcar9 wrote:Split Browser
This would be great if it worked on SeaMonkey.
Actually looking at all the snippets of code you've posted to mozillazine, I suspect that you are more than capable of doing it yourself :)

Phil
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

I'm kinda lazy Image
especially with XUL.

My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."