Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Scarlettrunner20

Re: Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Post by Scarlettrunner20 »

I just love SeaMonkey 2 (really like the mail client) but I am using Fx still mostly because I can't get my most important extensions for Fx to work on SeaMonkey. I only came back to Fx in March when version 4 was released because my beloved extensions did not work well on Fx 2 and 3. They work fantastically well on Fx4 but I want to use SeaMonkey rather than Fx.

I installed Addon Compatibility Reporter on SeaMonkey and it didn't help me get the extensions to work. (I think MR Tech would work better but I can't get it to install either on SeaMonkey although I have it on Fx4).

What I need working on SeaMonkey is Piro's updated TBE3 package. It is superb on Fx 4 and I am totally addicted to it (as I was on earlier versions of Mozilla and Fx browsers through Fx 1.5. I have been using TBE since 2001 and it was the reason I made Mozilla my default browser back in 2001). It is vastly improved on Fx4 and I want very much to use it on SeaMonkey. I had SeaMonkey 1.0 before I did this recent upgrade to version 2 and TBE was disabled when I upgraded...of course that was the older TBE so I assumed the current TBE3 would install on SeaMonkey 2 but it won't.

http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/tabextensi ... ex.html.en

I haven't asked Piro about it yet. I am just so surprised that TBE3 will not install on the current SeaMonkey and the older TBE was disabled when I upgraded SeaMonkey. It makes no sense because TBE was originally written for Mozilla browser before it was available for Firebird and it has always worked on Mozilla/SeaMonkey until now. Anyhow, suggestions on how to get TBE3 package to work on SeaMonkey 2.3.3?
therube

Post by therube »

imagezoom_0.4.7_custom+FIX.xpi

URL: http://www.adrive.com/public/2795c16fad ... 58aa8.html
MD5: 06fa95fa3ca6d73830204f54a6081715

Feel free to look over, host, update.

Changes compared to 0.4.6:

+ Image Fit Width function (Dr.M)
Smarter browser sniffing (from Trunk)
Version number bumps (me)
Couple function bug fixes (me)
- locales other then en-US removed (Dr.M)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
_development

Post by _development »

@Scarlettrunner20 - I made something similar to multiple tab handler.
See: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2236433
It would be great to get support of SeaMonkey from Piro : )
Scarlettrunner20

Post by Scarlettrunner20 »

_development, I have your extension. :) It's nice. Thank you! But I want Tree Style Tabs...that is what I am addicted to ever since Piro first came out with them. I have them on the left vertically. I just recently added TBE 3 Package parts that I did not have. Now I am in love with thumbnails for each tab and a loading bar for each tab. Piro has outdone himself! And I just LOVE it and would so like to have all this on SeaMonkey. (I have though had a problem with one of the extensions in his package ...appears to be a conflict with another extension I have). While I like thumbnails on Opera, I didn't think I'd like them on Fx on Tree Style Tabs because they are permanently in the middle of each tab, whereas, they appear on mouse hover under the tab on Opera, but I LOVE them! And the loading bar for each tab...just makes it perfect. Plus, I now have a scroll column on the far left of the tabs. I used to have to go the very bottom and under the last tab was an arrow for scrolling and sometimes that didn't appear. Now though with the scroll bar on the left, I can easily have well over 100 tabs open all the time.
_development

Post by _development »

I'm addicted and in love with TST too, if some day piro adds support for SeaMonkey I'll switch to the suite.
itstosh

Post by itstosh »

itstosh wrote:
Philip Chee wrote:
itstosh wrote:Googlebar working with 2.2 would be super :)

There are several google toolbar extensions. Which one are you referring to?

Phil

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... googlebar/
which worked up until sm2.1

Any news on this :?: ?
Thanks
therube

Post by therube »

From your link, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... googlebar/:

Code: Select all

1. Download the XPI file to your hard drive (right click the download button and "save link as").
2. Change the XPI extension to ZIP
3. Unzip the file Install.rdf and open it in a text editor (notepad works)
4. Look for the line em:maxVersion>3.6.*</em:maxVersion and change it to em:maxVersion>4.5.*</em:maxVersion
5. Save the file and add it back to the ZIP
6. Rename the ZIP file back to XPI
7. Drag the XPI file into your Firefox browser window to install the add-on"

Now do the same, only changing the SeaMonkey section instead of FF.
Set it to something like, <em:maxVersion>2.9.*</em:maxVersion>.

After that it should install.
Only oddity I saw was that it was using google.com.ar for some of the searches.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
iav

Post by iav »

DispMUA (http://www.juergen-ernst.de/addons/dispmua.html) not compatible with 2.1* long ago.
and there need not simply version-checking hack.
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

iav wrote:DispMUA (http://www.juergen-ernst.de/addons/dispmua.html) not compatible with 2.1* long ago.
and there need not simply version-checking hack.

Current version (1.6.8), which I just downloaded to check, supports SeaMonkey 2.4.* in its install.rdf (though the site only says 2.0) and works for me with version override in SeaMonkey 2.6a1.
Best regards,
Tony
iav

Post by iav »

Ops.
Sorry, i just miss that update.
False alarm.
Farby

Post by Farby »

new version greasemonkey-0.9.12-fx+sm.xpi
updated for SeaMonkey 2.1+, the method of Philip Chee

CacheViewer 0.7b, restored compatibility with SeaMonkey 2.1+, AMO Home Page

Thank you.
Life sometimes throws this what you want to find ...
SilversleevesX

Post by SilversleevesX »

Philip Chee wrote:
therube wrote:dragdropupload-1.9.38-fx+mod.4.sm.xpi

URL: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=fa74ba8f ... D98%21135#

Feel free to look over, host, update.

I also bumped it for FF 5, though only actually checked it out (briefly) in SeaMonkey 2.2.

Thanks!

I've now updated the entry at: http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#dragdropupload
dragdropupload Drop files into attachment boxes instead of browse for them or type in the filename. Drop multiple files and fill all the entries. In some websites it allows to add new upload files: in Gmail is possible to drop the files directly over the "Attach a file" link.

Install Drag and Drop Upload for Seamonkey 2.0+:
dragdropupload-1.9.38-mod.xpi
This mod contributed by therube

Phil

I think a good phrase in my case is "Lost it on a skip."

On one site -- name I will not mention -- in SM 2.1.something, the site's uploader and d-d-u started conflicting all of a sudden: files dragged in from Explorer to the upload "slots" on the page caused the grey rectangles, when 'spawned,' to splay horizontally left and right. They were also having an issue, or I was, with their 'Submit' button. Taken together, I reckoned it was about time to update SeaMonkey.

In so doing, I got "handed" version 2.3.3, which even XMO's modified .xpi won't install into due to incompatibility.

So maybe what I'm asking for isn't so much a build that's discretely Seamonkey, but rather some idea of when I should expect the mod to be brought up-to-date. I know there are methods I could use to extend the version range in the installl.rdf file, but if with SM 2.1 the tweaked version was already "near limit," I don't expect my little change of a line of text in a config file to make a whole lot of difference (if it's the bread that's bad, no use stripping off the crust!).

And I figured here was the best place to ask.

BZT
What do you call a 5-year depressive cycle in the life of the late John Lennon?
BEATLEMANIA!!
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

@SilversleevesX: You don't need to change the install.rdf to enable an extension despite a low maxVersion, unless you want to make sure that auto-disable will still work for other extensions: Just install the Add-on Compatibility Reporter (including two restarts) and make sure to disable manually any truly misbehaving extensions. The advantage is that the add-ons manager will still tell you which add-ons (enabled or not) advertise compatibility with your current SeaMonkey version and which ones don't. However I recommend setting the add-ons manager to update manually (which is not the default) in this case. (It's one of the items in the drop-down widget left of the search box, near top right of the add-ons manager tab.)

About the link (or absence of one) between paperwork incompatibility and actual code-level incompatibility, you'd be surprised: some extensions are apparently unmaintained since Fx3 or earlier, and yet still work in Sm 2.7a1 (Fx10); others don't. In particular anything that includes a binary executable (including Lightning and HTML Validator) now requires a new compile for every major Gecko version (every six weeks).
Best regards,
Tony
Xineo

Post by Xineo »

I really need plain old favorites extension. I have done without bookmarks in seamonkey for some time. The included bookmark manager seems primitive and useless. For instance with favorites I can store them on a network drive and all computers, all browsers use the same set of bookmarks. I also store documents under it so all those are shared as well in a seamless manner. I tried altering the newer firefox extension but, it doesn't work. Anyone got a fix?

Back to firefox that still has a compatible plugin for this?

Update:
Well my experimenting with the Firefox plugin has caused Seamonkey to no longer function lol. I removed Seamonkey from my computers for Firefox so I can have favorites back. It is the deal breaker from using Seamonkey.
canhoto

Post by canhoto »

Xmarks, of course. It's fundamental. And it should be easy.

And Zotero!