Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

I'm sorry that I haven't been more active in porting extensions lately. Exams are consuming me. :(
But I finally made some time to port...

GameFAQs Toolbar - just an install.js. It already had a compatible contents.rdf, which I added some missing (but not essential) attributes to.

The Webmail (and its Hotmail companion) extension has also been made compatible, but it requires a Firefox-only function that the current stable release of xSidebar doesn't support yet (the developer version does), so I'm with-holding it at the moment. haqkzza, do you have any preference for a certain companion extension? I'll port the preferred one next before the others.
JohnParsons

Quickquote

Post by JohnParsons »

Quickquote loads and works well apart from 2 issues.
1) there is no way to access the options
2) it seems to stop spellchecking working in the compose window.

As far as 1) is concerned I have xsidebar installed but it doesn't seem to pick up the options window. Where would I put a line chrome:settingsURL="chrome://quickquote/content/options/options.xul"?

The second problem might be a bug that I'll need to take up with the developers but it's odd nobody has noticed it before.

Suggestions?

John

PS thanks very much for all the hard work you guys are putting in on this!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070802 MultiZilla/1.8.3.3r SeaMonkey/1.1.4
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

Where would I put a line chrome:settingsURL="chrome://quickquote/content/options/options.xul"?

In the content/contents.rdf file of the JAR. :)
JohnParsons

Post by JohnParsons »

BenoitRen wrote:In the content/contents.rdf file of the JAR

#-o Hmmm.... where eggsackly!!!!

contents.rdf wrote:"<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RDF:RDF xmlns:RDF="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
xmlns:chrome="http://www.mozilla.org/rdf/chrome#">

<RDF:Seq about="urn:mozilla:package:root">
<RDF:li resource="urn:mozilla:package:quickquote"/>
</RDF:Seq>

<RDF:Description about="urn:mozilla:package:quickquote"
chrome:displayName="QuickQuote"
chrome:author="Matteo Federico Zazzetta and Daniel W. Steinbrook"
chrome:authorURL="http://quickquote.mozdev.org"
chrome:name="quickquote"
chrome:description="Speeds up quoting the selected part of a message."
chrome:extension="true">
</RDF:Description>

<RDF:Seq about="urn:mozilla:overlays">
<RDF:li resource="chrome://messenger/content/mailWindowOverlay.xul"/>
<RDF:li resource="chrome://messenger/content/messengercompose/messengercompose.xul"/>

<RDF:Seq about="chrome://messenger/content/mailWindowOverlay.xul">
<RDF:li>chrome://quickquote/content/quickquoteOverlay.xul</RDF:li>
<RDF:Seq about="chrome://messenger/content/messengercompose/messengercompose.xul">
<RDF:li>chrome://quickquote/content/quickquoteOverlay2.xul</RDF:li>

</RDF:RDF>"

John
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070802 MultiZilla/1.8.3.3r SeaMonkey/1.1.4
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

JohnParsons wrote:
BenoitRen wrote:In the content/contents.rdf file of the JAR
#-o Hmmm.... where eggsackly!!!!
Somewhere in the middle of all the other lines starting with "chrome:<something>"

Phil
JohnParsons

Post by JohnParsons »

:banana: Success!!
Phil: Do you want to add this to your list of extensions requiring xsidebar ?

John
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

JohnParsons wrote::banana: Success!!
Phil: Do you want to add this to your list of extensions requiring xsidebar ?
That would be BenoitRen's list of extensions I think.

I've added a comment in this QuickQuote Bug 11638. Perhaps, as a QuickQuote user you could followup with the QuickQuote developers about adding a note about accessing the QQ settings in SeaMonkey.

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Tabs Menu 1.3.5 for SeaMonkey is now available. Tab Effect is also ported but I need to wait for the mirrors to sync before announcing it officially.

Phil
haqkzza

webmail extension...

Post by haqkzza »

1) Yahoo and 2) AOL-->If one can also be done for "Excite" webmail, that would be great! Thanks for your assistance...

BenoitRen wrote:I'm sorry that I haven't been more active in porting extensions lately. Exams are consuming me. :(
But I finally made some time to port...

GameFAQs Toolbar - just an install.js. It already had a compatible contents.rdf, which I added some missing (but not essential) attributes to.

The Webmail (and its Hotmail companion) extension has also been made compatible, but it requires a Firefox-only function that the current stable release of xSidebar doesn't support yet (the developer version does), so I'm with-holding it at the moment. haqkzza, do you have any preference for a certain companion extension? I'll port the preferred one next before the others.
Old Jaisen

Post by Old Jaisen »

Does Always remember passwords still work in SM 1.1? It doesn't seem to be remember a password for one of my bank sites, but in older versions of SM it did. This normal?

Also, there was some talk about Customize Google where someone suggestion amending the script to Philip but no one ever replied to his question. Here is mine, have the fixes been added to the xpi, is it fully functional (crash free, no menu popup, etc.) now?
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Philip Chee wrote:Tabs Menu 1.3.5 for SeaMonkey is now available. Tab Effect is also ported but I need to wait for the mirrors to sync before announcing it officially.
Tab Effect 1.1 for SeaMonkey now out. May cause the latest trunk builds to fall over, at least in SuiteRunner builds. I had it working in SuiteRunner but I just installed today's SuiteRunner nightly and all I got was a black blank screen. :(

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

BenoitRen wrote:The Webmail (and its Hotmail companion) extension has also been made compatible, but it requires a Firefox-only function that the current stable release of xSidebar doesn't support yet (the developer version does), so I'm with-holding it at the moment. haqkzza, do you have any preference for a certain companion extension? I'll port the preferred one next before the others.
Actually the filefield widget is only used to pick a file destination if you [1] turn on logging and [2] redirect logging to a file. So as long as you don't do this, the current xSidebar would be adequate. By the way I didn't actually test sending/receiving mail as I don't have a hotmail account. Have you tested?

Phil
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

I have now. It doesn't work. :(

-It selects the ca-AD locale instead of en-US for me.
-It doesn't configure the SMTP server, though I guess in the end it didn't matter. Still, I got this error in the console, which goes away when you specify one:

Code: Select all

Error: pageData.server.smtphostname has no properties
Source File: chrome://messenger/content/aw-login.js
Line: 104

-Now, the real problem is that when I try to Get Messages (which oddly refers to localhost), I get the following error: "Sending of username did not succeed. Mail server localhost responded: undefined is a unsupported domain". No further details in the Error Console. :/

EDIT:
Download Statusbar, when I was trying it, it wouldn't show the download status. So that pretty much made it a non-usable extension.

Was it version 0.8 of the extension?
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

BenoitRen wrote:I have now. It doesn't work. :(
Um, you did follow all the configuration instructions on the website didn't you?

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

I've ported ConfigDate to SeaMonkey. You can find the modified extension at: http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#configdate.

Phil