Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
videobruce

Re: Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Post by videobruce »

None of the additional buttons you show are "Navigation" buttons. All are available in the drop down menu and are rarely used.
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
quilevian

Post by quilevian »

There are 2 extensions that I wish Seamonkey had from Firefox.

Remove it Permanently

Favicon Picker

And I always thought the "Breeze" theme was the best one made, and its not available for Seamonkey either.
vazhavandan

Post by vazhavandan »

What happened to foxytunes?,never got migrated to support latest /official versions of seamonkey,too irritating
vazhavandan

Post by vazhavandan »

3. Slide show: Not sure what you mean or how to provide it.[/quote]

Does he mean this
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o35/ ... -Opera.png

click on the link to see the image -LN
Last edited by LoudNoise on August 15th, 2010, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Broke the forum format
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

Slide show: in SeaMonkey, hovering the mouse over a tab gives you a thumbnail view of that tab's contents; clicking a tab goes (obviously) to that tab, Ctrl+PgDn and Ctrl+PgUp move from tab to tab forward or backward, in both cases round-robin. Not identical, maybe, to what Opera has, but in fact I prefer this way of "finding the tab I need" by hovering (checking thumbnail) + clicking (opening the tab).
Best regards,
Tony
baldyeti

Status of the Lightning calenadring extension on Seamonkey 2

Post by baldyeti »

Hello, sorry if this is the wrong place to post. I currently have lightning 1.0b2 working reasonably AFAICT under SM2.06. I have found this post which claims SM2 is supported, although I could not find confirmation of this on the lightning home page. Anyway I have noticed that if I try to access the extension's options from the add-on manager, I am getting an error message that reads:

Code: Select all

The file jar:file:///D:/Apps/SM2/chrome/messenger.jar!/content/messenger/preferences/preferences.xul cannot be found. Please check the location and try again.

As a matter of fact, the jar exists but not the xul thereunder. Is anyone seeing this? Has someone already bothered reporting the issue? Another Kairo post said the lightning team couldn't accept SM-specific bug reports, so I am wondering if it's worth struggling with their bugzilla at all... OTOH perhaps this is a small issue which simply renders the options dialog inaccessible from SM2, and it sure would be nice to see it fixed by the time lightning officially releases 1.0.
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

@baldyeti:
  • SeaMonkey 2.0.x is not supported by Lightning, because it is built based on Gecko 1.9.1, which Lightning skipped (going sraight from 1.9.0 to 1.9.2 IIUC).
  • SeaMonkey 2.1.x builds dated July 1 or earlier are supported by Lightning 1.1a1pre builds dated June 29 or earlier, but see bug 563170.
  • Later SeaMonkey 2.1.x builds will be supported by future Lightning trunk nightlies, when there are any, see bug 576746.
P.S. The Lightning site says that for SeaMonkey (2.0.x, I presume) you need Lightning 1.0b1 not 1.0b2.
Best regards,
Tony
Philip Chee

Re: Status of the Lightning calenadring extension on Seamonk

Post by Philip Chee »

baldyeti wrote:Hello, sorry if this is the wrong place to post. I currently have lightning 1.0b2 working reasonably AFAICT under SM2.06. I have found this post which claims SM2 is supported, although I could not find confirmation of this on the lightning home page. Anyway I have noticed that if I try to access the extension's options from the add-on manager, I am getting an error message that reads:

Code: Select all

The file jar:file:///D:/Apps/SM2/chrome/messenger.jar!/content/messenger/preferences/preferences.xul cannot be found. Please check the location and try again.

As a matter of fact, the jar exists but not the xul thereunder. Is anyone seeing this? Has someone already bothered reporting the issue? Another Kairo post said the lightning team couldn't accept SM-specific bug reports, so I am wondering if it's worth struggling with their bugzilla at all... OTOH perhaps this is a small issue which simply renders the options dialog inaccessible from SM2, and it sure would be nice to see it fixed by the time lightning officially releases 1.0.

I just fixed it in Bug 518736 Lightning options button in Add-on window error - looking for preferences.xul. This should be available in SeaMonkey 2.0.7.

In the mean time you can access the lightning preferences via Edit->Preferences->Lightning.

Phil
baldyeti

Post by baldyeti »

Philip Chee wrote:I just fixed it in Bug 518736 Lightning options button in Add-on window error - looking for preferences.xul. This should be available in SeaMonkey 2.0.7.
Thanks, that's great!
In the mean time you can access the lightning preferences via Edit->Preferences->Lightning.
Sorry, I had missed that one.

In the meantime I had tried to see if I had the same problem under ubuntu and win7, but the extension wouldn't install. Can someone remind me how to override compatibility checsk (I don't recallr how I did under XP). Thanks.
vazhavandan

Post by vazhavandan »

baldyeti wrote:
Philip Chee wrote:I just fixed it in Bug 518736 Lightning options button in Add-on window error - looking for preferences.xul. This should be available in SeaMonkey 2.0.7.
Thanks, that's great!
Sorry, I had missed that one.

In the meantime I had tried to see if I had the same problem under ubuntu and win7, but the extension wouldn't install. Can someone remind me how to override compatibility checsk (I don't recallr how I did under XP). Thanks.
@baldyeti - get the nightly tester tool here http://www.oxymoronical.com/web/firefox/nightly
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

baldyeti wrote:In the meantime I had tried to see if I had the same problem under ubuntu and win7, but the extension wouldn't install. Can someone remind me how to override compatibility checsk (I don't recallr how I did under XP). Thanks.

The Lightning extension contains a binary DLL/SO/DYLIB so make sure you are installing the correct version for each OS.

Phil
baldyeti

Post by baldyeti »

Philip Chee wrote:The Lightning extension contains a binary DLL/SO/DYLIB so make sure you are installing the correct version for each OS.

Mmh - not sure I have much more than noise to contribute at this point :-( Both on ubuntu and win7, after having installed the nightly tester tool and restarted, when I tried to install the correct OS-specific XPI (either via drag&drop or from the install button from the addon manager), I am still getting a message saying that 1.0b2 won't install because SM2.06 is not supported.

I have it running under XP, though in this case I think I initially installed 1.0b1 and later let the add-on manager upgrade to b2 (I _think_). Since the bug is known and being taken care of, and the configuration available through the main preferences window, I am alright with it on my main system where it works.

The b1 was named lightning-1.0b1-tb+sm-win.xpi whereas the next one called lightning-1.0b2-tb-win.xpi seems to have dropped sm support indeed. I can install my archived b1 under Win7, but cannot get it to upgrade to b2. And how one force-installs under linux remains a mystery to me.

Anyway, am I understanding correctly that support for SM2.0 has been dropped, and only SM2.1 will be supported (which will support gecko 1.9.2) ? That'd be unfortunate....
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

baldyeti wrote:[...] Mmh - not sure I have much more than noise to contribute at this point :-( Both on ubuntu and win7, after having installed the nightly tester tool and restarted, when I tried to install the correct OS-specific XPI (either via drag&drop or from the install button from the addon manager), I am still getting a message saying that 1.0b2 won't install because SM2.06 is not supported.[...]

That's expected. Check my P.S. (added by Edit, and with link to the Lightning site at Mozilla) at the bottom of my previous post: Sm 2.0.x is not supported by Lightning 1.0b2, only by 1.0b1.

What was dropped by the Lightning guys is support of Gecko 1.9.1 (as in SeaMonkey 2.0 and IIRC Thunderbird 3.0). Gecko 1.9.2 (as in Tb 3.1) is supported by Lightning, but not used by SeaMonkey; Gecko 2.0 will (AFAIK) be supported by both.

The Lightning team has only limited resources (especially in manpower) and they cannot support as many parallel code branches as e.g. Firefox. The same applies to the SeaMonkey team, and when they skip different Gecko versions, there is a mismatch.
Best regards,
Tony
baldyeti

Post by baldyeti »

tonymec wrote:That's expected. Check my P.S...
Thanks for the precision, Tony. Still it's a disappointment to have been let down between beta and release. Well, perhaps SM2.1 will be there by the time lightnng reaches 1.0?

PS: unless I am missing something (which is very possible, I now see the explanation about gecko versions was there on the lightning pages), trying to download 1.0b1 for linux brings one to the default 1.0b2 link, hence a revision incompatible with SM2.06. Oh well.
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

baldyeti: here's the link: http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/calendar/lightning/releases/1.0b1/; then (for Windows) descend into win32/ or win32/en-US/ and install the Lightning XPI (multilingual or English(US)) found there. Similarly for Linux (32-bit) it's linux-i686/ or linux-i686/en-US/
Best regards,
Tony