Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Philip Chee

Re: Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Post by Philip Chee »

http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmailnews.html#folderpanetools
Folderpane Tools updated to 0.0.5.1 and made compatible with SeaMonkey 2.0 and Thunderbird 3.0.

Phil
Sheepeeshaun

Post by Sheepeeshaun »

Philip Chee wrote:First of all does it work in Firefox 3.5.x? If it doesn't, this is a stick you can use to beat the author. :D.
Secondly you can point him/her/it at this message I recently posted here in this forum:
It's time to make your extensions compatible with SeaMonkey.

Phil

I can confirm that it works on the latest stable release of firefox. I pointed him at that message about porting extensions but I don't think he's very familiar with the workings of extensions, I havent heard back from him yet so we'll see what happens (but I doubt he'll be interested :().
Sereenie

Post by Sereenie »

I just updated to SM2.0 and miss two specific features I've been using for years and that refused to install.

First, alternating colour rows in the message list of the Mail client, i.e. one line in colour, one white line, one line in colour, one light line, etc. It just makes it easier to follow a single line from beginning to end, especially on a large screen. I used to implement it through a Stylish script.

And second, the disappearing X icon on tabs. I hate having the X totally at the right, just as I would seeing it constantly shown on the tab itself. I used to implement that through Multizilla.

In both cases, the add-on isn't as important as the feature. What I mean is, if there are other ways to achieve the results I want, I'll gladly switch to another add-on. Which is why I'm posting here, hoping that I'll find a quick solution.

Thanks!

S.
Last edited by Sereenie on October 27th, 2009, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Sereenie wrote:I just updated to SM2.0 and miss two specific features I've been using for years and that refused to install.

First, alternating colour rows in the message list of the Mail client, i.e. one line in colour, one white line, one line in colour, one light line, etc. It just makes it easier to follow a single line from beginning to end, especially on a large screen. I used to implement it through a Stylish script.

I use Stylish with SeaMonkey 2.0 and the following user styles:
http://userstyles.org/styles/201 (Ff & Tb - list box alternating row bg colors)
http://userstyles.org/styles/394 (Tb - list pane [threadpane] gridlines)

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Sereenie wrote:And second, the disappearing X icon on tabs. I hate having the X totally at the right, just as I would seeing it constantly shown on the tab itself. I used to implement that through Multizilla.

Unfortunately I have yet to find anything that implements the smart close button in quite the same way as Multizilla.

Phil
The.Purple.Hippo

Post by The.Purple.Hippo »

Sereenie wrote:First, alternating colour rows in the message list of the Mail client, i.e. one line in colour, one white line, one line in colour, one light line, etc. It just makes it easier to follow a single line from beginning to end, especially on a large screen. I used to implement it through a [url]https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/2108]Stylish[/url] script.

its called zebra stripes
The.Purple.Hippo

Philip Chee wrote:
Sereenie wrote:And second, the disappearing X icon on tabs. I hate having the X totally at the right, just as I would seeing it constantly shown on the tab itself. I used to implement that through Multizilla.

Unfortunately I have yet to find anything that implements the smart close button in quite the same way as Multizilla.

Phil
I will miss multizilla. I liked the option of having the close button on the tab AND at the end of the tab bar.

Have you heard anything, Phil, about Multi? Are they coming back? Anyone else picked up the ball and running with it?
DapperMe17

Post by DapperMe17 »

Hi Phil,

By the way, thanks for your time & efforts.

How about......"Secure Login"

IMO, it's a necessity for user name & password management.

The only thing keeping me from migrating to Seamonkey 2 is the built-in password manager.

I find it very poor that the built-in password manager only remembers passwords, and not usernames too?!? It will prefill only passwords, not usernames.

Secure Login handles it, and handles it well.

:-k
Sereenie

Post by Sereenie »

Philip Chee wrote:I use Stylish

The script I used previously is the first one you posted. I'm curious though as I wasn't able to install Stylish at all. Where is the working version of it?

RE: Multizilla. Am I to understand it is to be discontinued? Gah! That's really a shame.

The.Purple.Hippo wrote:its called zebra stripes

Thank you! I was certain there was a word for it, but totally couldn't find it...

While I am at it, is there a way to put the tabs at the bottom of the screen rather than at the top? I'm not sure whether or not it was Multizilla that allowed me to do that and while it's something I can live without, I'd rather not if there is a solution. How about the tab in the Mail client? Is there a way of disabling it (to gain back a few lines) without having to also disable the browser's tabs?

Thanks again!

S.
The.Purple.Hippo

Sereenie wrote:RE: Multizilla. Am I to understand it is to be discontinued? Gah! That's really a shame.
the head dev, HJ, has stopped working on it. The next dev, his son Micheal, said he'd continue it, but only when he's finished with his schooling. Well, that should have been done a long time ago, and on their website, it says they're on holidays until the autumn, and expect big things. Well, thats been there for a long time, so right now, nobody knows whats going on. The last I heard was HJ might be coming out with his own browser.

Phil looked into taking on multizilla, but changed his mind when he found out it was almost as big as SM itself. Nobody else wants to run with it. What a shame! It was one great little extension.
While I am at it, is there a way to put the tabs at the bottom of the screen rather than at the top? I'm not sure whether or not it was Multizilla that allowed me to do that and while it's something I can live without, I'd rather not if there is a solution.
add the following to your userchrome.css or into stylish:

Code: Select all

#content > tabbox { -moz-box-direction: reverse; } 
this will put SM tabs to the bottom of the browser.
How about the tab in the Mail client? Is there a way of disabling it (to gain back a few lines) without having to also disable the browser's tabs?
I don't know. I don't have SM 2 installed and I haven't taken it for a spin yet. So, I don't know what the code or anything is, yet. You might want to keep your eye on the Stylish site. Someone might come up with a code for TB 3 when it comes out. The script for that might work for SM 2, too.
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

DapperMe17 wrote:[...] I find it very poor that the built-in password manager only remembers passwords, and not usernames too?!? It will prefill only passwords, not usernames. [...]

Works for me: SeaMonkey remembers one password per host & username, and fills in both username and password on web login forms. For mail it connects via username and password without asking me, and starts getting mail at startup.

But... that's only for hosts where I have only one username memorized. If there is more than one, the username isn't prefilled, but placing the input cursor in the "username" input box then hitting <Down> gives me a rolldown list.

You may want to check Edit => Preferences => Privacy & Security :: Passwords => Manage stored passwords for obsolete or duplicate passwords, and remove what isn't needed.

I'm using today:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5pre) Gecko/20091027 SeaMonkey/2.0.1pre - Build ID: 20091027001301
Best regards,
Tony
DapperMe17

Post by DapperMe17 »

Not for me, friend.

The password "remember" box that pops up on the screen, does so for a nano-second & then it disappears. I don't even have time to mouse over to "remember password".

Something has to be messed up. Is there an about:config setting to adjust?
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

DapperMe17 wrote:Not for me, friend.

The password "remember" box that pops up on the screen, does so for a nano-second & then it disappears. I don't even have time to mouse over to "remember password".

Something has to be messed up. Is there an about:config setting to adjust?

For me, it's not a popup box in the middle of the screen, but an infobar between the tabs and the content. And yet, you seem to be using the new Sm 2.0 release, which (according to the build date in its UA string) differs by only ten days from the 2.0.1pre nightly I'm using.

Check Edit => Preferences => Privacy & Security :: Passwords => Password Manager and see if the "Remember Passwords" checkbox is ticked.

Or else, maybe you have an extension interfering with normal "out-of-the-box" Password Manager function. There are two ways to test that; both require that you first make sure that SeaMonkey is not running on your system: either
  • start SeaMonkey with the -safe-mode command-line switch to temporarily disable all extensions, or
  • start it with the -ProfileManager command-line switch, create a new profile, and use that.
These are just tests; you should be able to go back to your usual profile & extensions after that. (If the first test shows that it now works, you can disable your extensions either one-by-one or by dichotomy to determine which one is malfunctioning.)
Best regards,
Tony
lesling

Post by lesling »

IE Tab is not work for SeaMonkey 2.0 yet
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

Please make it to work.

Thanks
The.Purple.Hippo

lesling wrote:IE Tab is not work for SeaMonkey 2.0 yet
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419
try coral ie tab: http://coralietab.mozdev.org

as far as IE Tab is concerned, you have to contact their devs for that: http://ietab.mozdev.org/