Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
rolfp

Re: Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Post by rolfp »

Ok, I'll try, thanks.

I also tried to let the release process generate 64bit builds for Linux this time, those are fully experimental and will only appear as "contributed" builds though, they have no official status at all.

I saw that in your Weekly Status Report, W05/2010 but didn't notice that it was a quotation of Robert Kaiser. :oops:

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/calendar/ligh ... ovider.xpi gives, also,
Provider for Google Calendar 0.6b2pre could not be installed because it is not compatible with SeaMonkey 2.0.3.
rolfp

Progress report on gdata-provider.xpi

Post by rolfp »

I tried my 64-bit build of SM-2.0.2 but it was, also, reported as being not compatible. Then, I found Provider for Google Calendar 0.6b1 and that installed to SM-2.0.2 w/o complaint. I was able to add the google network calendar and it synced automatically.

Then, I started SM-2.0.3 and the calendar/gdata plugins still seem aok. It's early but so far, so good. :)
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

Silverlight and Windows Media Player are web browser plug-ins, not Mozilla extensions/add-ons.
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

Rolfp: The "last-ever" calendar builds in lightning/nightly/latest-comm-1.9.1 indeed don't advertise support for Sm 2.0.3 (I see Lightning: 2.0b2 - 2.0.3pre, gdata-provider: 2.0.3pre - 2.0.3pre), but if their maxVersion is overridden (which can be done in two or three differents ways IIRC) they do work, even with Sm 2.0.4pre AFAICT (Warning: I'm on a 32-bit, not 64-bit, processor). However personally I've currently gone back (temporarily?) to Sunbird + gdata-provider, at least until I'll be running a version of SeaMonkey (2.1 maybe?) for which Lightning is still being built.
Best regards,
Tony
damodar

Post by damodar »

Hi, Phil!
I guess you've missed my post:) Please, if it's possible can you adapt these extensions to Seamonkey 2: ImgLikeOpera, QuickNote, StopAutoplay, SpeedDial; or at least, can you tell me, please, how to do it - I could try it myself. Especially I need ImgLikeOpera to get rid of those unwanted pics, but preserving the option to load them when I want to.
rolfp

Post by rolfp »

Hi Tony,
Lightning 1.0b1 installed on SM-2.0.3 w/o problem. The thorniness came from Provider for Google Calendar. I did look into disabling version check but did not want to to that globally, so I tried with Mr Tech Toolkit. However, that was not satifactory and the resolution for me, it seems, came when I found Provider for Google Calendar 0.6b1 at the link I posted, above. While I'm not a power calendar user, I'm learning about incorporating this type of software in my routine and, as I said, as far as I can tell, "I started SM-2.0.3 and the calendar/gdata plugins still seem aok*."

The info in Add-On Manager for both Lightning 1.0b1 and Provider for Google Calendar 0.6b1 shows:
Compatible with: 2.0b2 - 2.0.*
so, that's heartening.

Philip's remark about not seeing any binary component in gdata-provider.xpi suggests to me that 32/64-bit is not an issue but I could be mistaken.

I'll see how this continues to work for me or not. Thanks for your help.
Rolf

(* aok = all OK) :)
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

damodar wrote:Hi, Phil!
I guess you've missed my post:)

Ah sorry. I didn't miss your post, just overwhelmed with extension requests, my work on SeaMonkey itself, and that pesky thing called Real Life[TM].
damodar wrote:Please, if it's possible can you adapt these extensions to Seamonkey 2: ImgLikeOpera, QuickNote, StopAutoplay, SpeedDial;

I should be able to look into QuickNote (also requested by pu1sar) and StopAutoplay soon. I can also contact the SpeedDial author to see if he wants to do this himself.
damodar wrote:or at least, can you tell me, please, how to do it - I could try it myself.
Especially I need ImgLikeOpera to get rid of those unwanted pics, but preserving the option to load them when I want to.

There is this mozillazine forum thread which I started: It's time to make your extensions compatible with SeaMonkey
Which points to and article on https://developer.mozilla.org: Extensions support in SeaMonkey 2.

Phil
Ocelot

Successfully altered RDF for TinyURL Creator 2 for SM 2

Post by Ocelot »

For those who found TinyURL Creator 2.0 by Jeremy Gillick useful, I finally figured out how to edit the RDF so that it passed SM 2's add-on compatibility check. The older syntax of the RDF threw me off for a while, but with some experimentation, I figured out what needed editing.

This add-on appears to have been abandoned by its creator, as e-mails sent to the contact address listed at his homepage get returned unanswered. This version of TinyURL Creator allows one to choose from a number of different shortening services, including shrunklink.com and bit.ly, as well as the ubiquitous tinyURL.com.

Phil, I don't know if you want to add this extension to your collection of those tweaked to install correctly with SM 2, so e-mail me if you would like a copy for that purpose (I don't check the forums regularly and a PM would probably languish for weeks--fyi). I don't have a place to offer the tweaked .xpi publicly, but I'm certainly happy to provide to anyone who asks (requiscatenpace-at-verizon-dot-net)

A bit cheered by a minor extension tweaking success --
Ocelot
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
-- Anonymous
Philip Chee

Re: Successfully altered RDF for TinyURL Creator 2 for SM 2

Post by Philip Chee »

Ocelot wrote:Phil, I don't know if you want to add this extension to your collection of those tweaked to install correctly with SM 2, so e-mail me if you would like a copy for that purpose (I don't check the forums regularly and a PM would probably languish for weeks--fyi). I don't have a place to offer the tweaked .xpi publicly, but I'm certainly happy to provide to anyone who asks (requiscatenpace-at-verizon-dot-net)

A bit cheered by a minor extension tweaking success --
Ocelot

E-Mail sent. Thanks!

p.s. "requiscatenpace-at-verizon-dot-net" doesn't seem to work so I used the forums "send email" option.

Phil
Ocelot

Re: Successfully altered RDF for TinyURL Creator 2 for SM 2

Post by Ocelot »

Philip Chee wrote:E-Mail sent. Thanks!

p.s. "requiscatenpace-at-verizon-dot-net" doesn't seem to work so I used the forums "send email" option.
Phil

Oh, meh. #-o Not only have I not updated my e-mail for ages in my profile (read: defunct address on board), but I left out the all-important "e" in the address I gave. Gah... Slap me with a wet trout. It should be: requiescatenpace-at-verizon-dot-net

I've corrected both. Use your avenue of choice.

Like most cats, I will now saunter off with an air of "Yes, I meant to do that..." --
Ocelot
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
-- Anonymous
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#quicknote
QuickNote is a simplistic note-taking extension with tabs for Firefox and Thunderbird.

Features
  • QuickNote makes it easy to write down your notes:
    • It's easily accessible with the Ctrl+F7 shortcut or using the toolbar button in Firefox and Thunderbird.
    • Saves your notes automatically; you won't lose any data.
    • You can use drag and drop or the "Send to QuickNote" context menu to easily add the selected text or link along with site's URL and the timestamp to your notes.
  • QuickNote is customizable:
    • You can customize the look of your notes to make them easily distinguishable.
    • You can select the number of notes.
    • You can get a different set of icons for QuickNote.
  • QuickNote can open in a separate window or in a sidebar.

Install QuickNote for Seamonkey 2.0:
quicknote_0.6.0.5.xpi

Phil
damodar

Post by damodar »

Hi, Phil!
Thanks for QuickNote! Actually somehow I have also managed to make it work! But I'm not sure I'll be able to do this again next time, so it is great to have a ready-to-work extension. If you have time, could you, please, put your hands on ImgLikeOpera? I can try to convert it myself, but since I'm not a savvy here a success might come with a considerable delay in my case;)
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Sometime back iav asked for Open in Browser. Recently Stanimir Stamenkov managed to get it working in SeaMonkey 2.0 and submitted a patch to the author, Sylvain Pasche. The result is that the latest version (Open in Browser 1.7) is SeaMonkey 2.0 compatible.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/8207.

Version 1.7
Works with SeaMonkey: 2.0 – 2.0.*
Updated February 16, 2010
Developer Sylvain Pasche

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

DoYouWantKarate asked for Fetch Text URL:
http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#fetchtexturl
Fetch Text URL opens plain text URLs from the context menu. Customize which context menu items are present in Firefox by choosing Tools > Extensions, selecting Fetch Text URL, then clicking options.

Fetch Text URL currently handles the http, https, and ftp protocols. If no protocol is found or a malformed protocol is detected, it assumes that http is desired.

Install Fetch Text URL for Seamonkey 2.0:
fetch_text_url-1.6.4-mod.xpi

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

damodar wrote:Hi, Phil!
Thanks for QuickNote! Actually somehow I have also managed to make it work! But I'm not sure I'll be able to do this again next time, so it is great to have a ready-to-work extension. If you have time, could you, please, put your hands on ImgLikeOpera? I can try to convert it myself, but since I'm not a savvy here a success might come with a considerable delay in my case;)

OK, I'll look into this extension; not sure when though.

A bit of good news, the author of Speed Dial confirms that the next update, due sometime in March, should come with SeaMonkey 2.0 compatibility.

Phil