Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
LoudNoise

Re: Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Post by LoudNoise »

Thanks! :)
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
xed

Post by xed »

Can Vacuum Places Improved be adapted for SeaMonkey?

And I would be absolutely ecstatic if the Windows version of the Eurynome theme could be updated to work with SeaMonkey 2.x.
"Doin' right ain't got no end." Cap'n Red Legs
iav

Post by iav »

Vacuum places not need anymore - it's functionality integrated for now.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

xed wrote:Can Vacuum Places Improved be adapted for SeaMonkey?

iav wrote:Vacuum places not need anymore - it's functionality integrated for now.

I think it's still needed for SeaMonkey 2.0. Anyway I think it's worth poking the author first. This is the sort of extension that could be made to work in any toolkit application (SeaMonkey, Thunderbird, Songbird) just by adding compatibility information to the metadata files (install.rdf and chrome.manifest).

xed wrote:And I would be absolutely ecstatic if the Windows version of the Eurynome theme could be updated to work with SeaMonkey 2.x.
Sorry I am not a themer. I don't have any graphic skills at all.

Phil
therube

Post by therube »

Phil, Console² 0.7dev, is that going to be working with the latest Trunk builds?
(I have not tried yet.)

(KaiRo's been making changes to viewSource... if I recall correctly.
Console² 0.6 definitely is not working any longer on the Trunk.
The file jar:file:///C:/SeaMonkey/chrome/comm.jar!/content/navigator/viewSource.xul cannot be found.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

therube wrote:Phil, Console² 0.7dev, is that going to be working with the latest Trunk builds?
(I have not tried yet.)

(KaiRo's been making changes to viewSource... if I recall correctly.
Console² 0.6 definitely is not working any longer on the Trunk.
The file jar:file:///C:/SeaMonkey/chrome/comm.jar!/content/navigator/viewSource.xul cannot be found.)

console2.log wrote:2010-05-28 chee
* cvs/console2/downloads/console2-0.7dev.xpi 1.5:
SeaMonkey 2.1a2pre now using the toolkit viewsource.

2010-04-30 chee
* cvs/console2/downloads/console2-0.7dev.xpi 1.4:
Update dev/testing version.

2010-04-21 chee
* cvs/console2/src/console2/chrome/content/console2/console2.js 1.16:
Use evanInSandbox() instead of eval() due to restrictive AMO
policies.

The latest version can be found here: http://console2.mozdev.org/#C_latest_dev

Lastly, could you ask these sort of questions in the Console² thread instead? TIA.

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Ocelot wrote:The developer of Download Statusbar, Devon Jensen, at last word (October 2009, in a forum reply), stated that SM 2.x compatibility was very low on his priority list. However, he has made some updates to the extension, as listed in this changelog--version has been updated to 0.9.6.8; your ported version is 0.9.6.5.

Bottom line: with the changes made, is a "report" to SM 2.x of the most recent version required? Or are the changes so Firefox-specific that this isn't necessary at this juncture?

I've updated Downloadstatusbar-mod for SeaMonkey 2.0 and 2.1a2.
http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#downloadstatusbar

Install Download Statusbar for Seamonkey 2.0 and 2.1a1:
download_statusbar-0.9.6.8-mod.xpi

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

I've also updated QuickJava for SeaMonkey trunk 2.1a1+
http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#quickjava

QuickJava allows quick enable and disable of Java and Javascript, Flash, Silverlight and Images from the Statusbar and/or Toolbar without having to open any dialogs!

Usage:
  • Left click the corresponding icon to enable/disable an option (Javascript, Images) or plugin (Java, Flash, Silverlight).
  • When disabled an icon indicating it is disabled via red will be displayed.
  • Middle click either icon to toggle ALL of the options with one click. (Handy if you normally keep them all on and want to turn them all on/off easily).
  • Right click for an options dialog to be able to hide unwanted icons from the Statusbar.
  • Toolbar support.

Install the extension and restart your browser to get the Statusbar icons. Configure the options to display which Statusbar icon's you would like, customize the toolbar with which buttons you choose and enjoy. It's that simple!

(Note, if you don't know how to add the toolbar icons google it or try this site:
http://browsers.about.com/od/firef2/ss/firefoxtoolbar.htm)

Also please note that the scope of this extension is NOT as extensive as NoScript, and was not designed to compete with it. This includes whitelisting/blacklisting sites and remembering their settings! If you like NoScript then that's fine and this may not be the extension for you. However this extension is ideal for those who prefer a simpler to use, less invasive interface while still having easier access to the controls.

Install QuickJava for Seamonkey 2.1a1 and above:
quickjava-1.7.2-mod.xpi

Phil
therube

Post by therube »

(I'm getting, "502 Bad Gateway" / "504 Gateway Time-out" to mozdev.org at the moment?)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Bad news for damodar who requested ImgLikeOpera. I got it to install in SeaMonkey 2.0 but all that resulted in was a non-working SeaMonkey so I had to uninstall it PDQ. I tried to poke at the innards to see what was going wrong but I couldn't find the cause. I've move this to the "too hard for my brain" pile. Your best bet is to contact the author and ask him to port it to SeaMonkey.

Phil
damodar

Post by damodar »

Anyway, thanks, Phil, for your hard work! I really appreciate it. I tried to contact the author of ImgLikeOpera but silence was the answer. Well, more or less, the QuickJava add-on is doing the job for me, so it's fine now.

Also it'd be great to get something to function like speed dial. And may be you know how to make seoquake work in seamonkey 2.0.4 or later?

Regards,
damodar
xed

Post by xed »

Soon there will be a SeaMonkey compatible version of Ghostery and I have information that the firm Better Advertising is not really an advertising company at all and shall soon be changing their "unfortunate" name.

It's really a great extension. I happen to be using it in SeaMonkey right now and I'd be glad to share it if anyone else wants it.
"Doin' right ain't got no end." Cap'n Red Legs
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

I've updated Greasemonkey for SeaMonkey 2.0:
http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#greasemonkey
Greasemonkey is a Firefox extension which lets you to add bits of DHTML ("user scripts") to any web page to change its behavior. In much the same way that user CSS lets you take control of a web page's style, user scripts let you easily control any aspect of a web page's design or interaction.

Hundreds of scripts, for a wide variety of popular sites, are already available at http://userscripts.org.

You can write your own scripts, too. Check out http://wiki.greasespot.net/ to get started.

Install Greasemonkey for Seamonkey 2.0:
greasemonkey-0.8.6-mod.xpi (0.8.20100408.6)

Phil
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

:D I have ported BackToTop to SeaMonkey: a small install.rdf edit was enough, and it works.
Here's the AMO link.
This is a link to the Sm-compatible version.
I have also mentioned it on the author's support forum but I don't know when he'll react.

I'm using the latest trunk nightly, as shown in the footer of this post.
Best regards,
Tony