MozillaZine

Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
therube

User avatar
 
Posts: 18186
Joined: March 10th, 2004, 9:59 pm
Location: Maryland USA

Post Posted February 18th, 2010, 5:30 pm

Was Fetch Text URL anything more then a version number bump?
(I have been using it from day 1 with SeaMonkey 2, & with SeaMonkey 1 prior.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

Philip Chee

User avatar
 
Posts: 6475
Joined: March 1st, 2005, 3:03 pm

Post Posted February 19th, 2010, 7:11 am

therube wrote:Was Fetch Text URL anything more then a version number bump?
(I have been using it from day 1 with SeaMonkey 2, & with SeaMonkey 1 prior.)

Just a version bump.

Phil

Philip Chee

User avatar
 
Posts: 6475
Joined: March 1st, 2005, 3:03 pm

Post Posted February 19th, 2010, 7:57 am

jrholt wrote:I would really love to have the Mouse Gestures Redox by Jochen, especially the rocker gestures.
It is the only thing I miss from Firefox/Thunderbird.

I keep checking, just in case.
Thanks for considering it.

The current version of Mouse Gestures Redox claims to be compatible with SeaMonkey 2.0
http://www.mousegestures.org/installation/

Updated: 16-February-2010
Compatibility:
  • Firefox: 3.0.* - 3.6.*
  • Thunderbird: 3.0b2 - 3.0.*
  • SeaMonkey: 2.0 - 2.0.*
Languages included:
en-US, da-DK, de-DE, es-ES, hu-HU, it-IT, lt-LT, pl-PL, ru-RU, sv-SE, zh-CN, zh-TW

Phil

lazybones88

User avatar
 
Posts: 79
Joined: June 9th, 2006, 10:14 am

Post Posted February 19th, 2010, 4:36 pm

Could MailTagger be updated to work with SM 2.0.3? Version 1.7 seems to install but nothing shows up. http://mailtagger.mozdev.org/
Thanks

Philip Chee

User avatar
 
Posts: 6475
Joined: March 1st, 2005, 3:03 pm

Post Posted February 26th, 2010, 11:45 am

lazybones88 wrote:Could MailTagger be updated to work with SM 2.0.3? Version 1.7 seems to install but nothing shows up. http://mailtagger.mozdev.org/
Thanks

Three years ago I ported MailTagger to SeaMonkey 1.x. It worked but was too buggy so I never released it on my website. Things might have improved since.

Phil

Philip Chee

User avatar
 
Posts: 6475
Joined: March 1st, 2005, 3:03 pm

Post Posted February 26th, 2010, 11:49 am

http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmailnews.html#quickmenumc

The QuickMenuMC (QuickMenu for MoveTo and CopyTo) memorizes the most often used folders and offers a quick access to copy or move messages to this folders (see preview picture). The default setting is 4, but you can modify the number of folders to be memorized using the config editor about:config and editing the preference for QuickMenuMC.Slots.

Image

KNOWN ISSUES

  1. MboxImport: There may be problems with an installed MboxImport extension. in such cases MboxImport has to be deactivated *temporary* during the QMMC installation.
  2. Context-Menu in Message Window: The QMMC menu does not appear in the context menu of an open message but only in the mailbox/account view. This problem will be fixed in 0.9.2.2
  3. Folder Names: There may be problems with some special characters (e.g. chinese).
Install QuickMenuMC for Seamonkey 2.0 and Thunderbird 3.0:
quickmenumc-0.9.2.2-mod.xpi
(This mod contributed by Tony Mechelynck)

Phil

Philip Chee

User avatar
 
Posts: 6475
Joined: March 1st, 2005, 3:03 pm

Post Posted February 26th, 2010, 11:58 am

http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#tinyurlcreator

TinyUrl Creator brings the http://tinyurl.com functionality closer to your fingertips. It will convert a long URL into a smaller, more managable one which is easier to share through email and instant messanger. When you access the new "tiny" URL in your browser it will autmatically send you to the original one.

This extension uses the extremely popular and useful site, TinyUrl.com, to generate URLs.

Image

Using the TinyUrl Creator

It's very simple to use the TinyUrl Creator.
Click Tools > TinyUrl Creator and select either "New..." or "From Current URL"

New...

  1. If you click "New...", a dialog will appear
  2. In the dialog, enter a long URL you would like converted
  3. Click 'Create'
  4. If you would like to save this TinyUrl, click "Ok" to the dialog that appears, then enter a title to save it under.
  5. When the new url appears in the 'Tiny URL' field you can copy it to your clipboard by clicking the 'Copy' button.
  6. When done, click 'Close'
From Current URL

If you click "From Current URL", it will create a TinyUrl from the current URL in the browser and copy it to your clipboard. A dialog will appear asking if you want to save the TinyUrl. To save it, click "Ok" and then enter a title to save it under in the next dialog that appears.

More Usage instructions...

Install TinyUrl Creator for Seamonkey 2.0:
tinyurl-2.0.2-mod.xpi
(This mod contributed by D. K. Kraft)

Phil

Philip Chee

User avatar
 
Posts: 6475
Joined: March 1st, 2005, 3:03 pm

Post Posted February 26th, 2010, 12:05 pm

Several people (jkessler, DoYouWantKarate, antdude) requested ColorfulTabs but I just noticed that a new version is now compatible with SeaMonkey 2.0:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/1368

ColorfulTabs 4.2
by Shivanand Sharma

Version 4.2
Works with SeaMonkey: 2.0 – 2.0.*
Updated January 30, 2010

Phil

andalou
 
Posts: 8
Joined: February 21st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Post Posted February 26th, 2010, 12:26 pm

Hello!
Is it possible to adapt External Editor 0.7.4 or 0.8.0 to Seamonkey 2.0.3?
I tried to do it on my own, following a tutorial, without
success.
The extension is available on
http://globs.org/download.php?lng=fr

Many thanks in advance and best regards to all of you who are doing a great job,

--
Cesar

rolfp

User avatar
 
Posts: 135
Joined: November 8th, 2009, 10:51 am

Post Posted February 26th, 2010, 1:15 pm

Philip Chee wrote:http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#tinyurlcreator

TinyUrl Creator brings the http://tinyurl.com functionality closer to your fingertips. ...
(This mod contributed by D. K. Kraft)

Phil

I like this. Thanks Phil and D. K. Kraft! :)

lazybones88

User avatar
 
Posts: 79
Joined: June 9th, 2006, 10:14 am

Post Posted February 26th, 2010, 4:26 pm

Philip Chee wrote:
lazybones88 wrote:Could MailTagger be updated to work with SM 2.0.3? Version 1.7 seems to install but nothing shows up. http://mailtagger.mozdev.org/
Thanks

Three years ago I ported MailTagger to SeaMonkey 1.x. It worked but was too buggy so I never released it on my website. Things might have improved since.

Phil

Thanks for the reply and looking into it.

lazybones88

tonymec

User avatar
 
Posts: 703
Joined: October 15th, 2004, 2:58 am
Location: Schaerbeek (near Brussels, Belgium)

Post Posted March 1st, 2010, 12:11 am

About QuickMenuMC: I think the following should be taken into account when determining how to set QuickMenuMC.Slots:
  • Unlike what is shown above, I see only one menuitem, "Recent", above the list of accounts. The "recent destinations" are in a submenu.
  • With or without QuickMenuMC, the destinations of email filters are included by whatever algorithm determines which folders are "recent" destinations, so that the folders where mail is moved manually are often "pushed out of the list" by the destinations of filters.
  • AFAICT, new destination folders aren't included until or unless the main mail window is closed then reopened.
Best regards,
Tony

Philip Chee

User avatar
 
Posts: 6475
Joined: March 1st, 2005, 3:03 pm

Post Posted March 1st, 2010, 1:46 am

tonymec wrote:About QuickMenuMC: I think the following should be taken into account when determining how to set QuickMenuMC.Slots:
  • Unlike what is shown above, I see only one menuitem, "Recent", above the list of accounts. The "recent destinations" are in a submenu.
  • With or without QuickMenuMC, the destinations of email filters are included by whatever algorithm determines which folders are "recent" destinations, so that the folders where mail is moved manually are often "pushed out of the list" by the destinations of filters.
  • AFAICT, new destination folders aren't included until or unless the main mail window is closed then reopened.

The recent submenu is native Thunderbird 3.0/SeaMonkey 2.0 functionality. The QuickMenu slots, which aren't in the "recent" submenu, start to fill up only when you start using mailnews after installing the extension, and they show up immediately on the next invocation.

Phil

tonymec

User avatar
 
Posts: 703
Joined: October 15th, 2004, 2:58 am
Location: Schaerbeek (near Brussels, Belgium)

Post Posted March 1st, 2010, 2:10 am

Philip Chee wrote:The recent submenu is native Thunderbird 3.0/SeaMonkey 2.0 functionality. The QuickMenu slots, which aren't in the "recent" submenu, start to fill up only when you start using mailnews after installing the extension, and they show up immediately on the next invocation.

Phil

Oho! Then there is something wrong with my installation of QuickMenuMC. It is showing (and not as "disabled") in my Addons Manager, and it's been there for some time (while installing the next Sm 2.0 nightly every day and using it for day-to-day mail, news and RSS feeds), with QuickMenuMC.Slots set to 10 (and I increased it to 20 a few minutes ago), but I still don't see any "QMMC slots". I guess I'll have to reinstall it from the version attributed to me on your site and see if it gets any better.
Best regards,
Tony

Philip Chee

User avatar
 
Posts: 6475
Joined: March 1st, 2005, 3:03 pm

Post Posted March 1st, 2010, 2:53 am

tonymec wrote:Oho! Then there is something wrong with my installation of QuickMenuMC. It is showing (and not as "disabled") in my Addons Manager, and it's been there for some time (while installing the next Sm 2.0 nightly every day and using it for day-to-day mail, news and RSS feeds), with QuickMenuMC.Slots set to 10 (and I increased it to 20 a few minutes ago), but I still don't see any "QMMC slots". I guess I'll have to reinstall it from the version attributed to me on your site and see if it gets any better.

Yes I did a minor adjustment to the code in addition to your version bump. Otherwise the QuickMenu slots don't show up at all.

Phil

Return to Extension Development


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest