Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

I've uploaded a modified version here:
http://www.mytempdir.com/1123064
In SeaMonkey there should now be a menu entry under View->Show/Hide.

I've also bumped the maxVersion to 2.0.* for Firefox since 2.0.0.1 (a.k.a. The Thus Spake Zarathrustra edition) is now out.

Is there a settings option or dialog? I can't find anything under Firefox or SeaMonkey.

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

BenoitRen wrote:miniT Tabscroll now installs properly!
Currently when I mod an extension I also prep it for SuiteRunner, so in the install.rdf currently the min/max version is set to 0/0 for SM. Could you change this to 1.0/1.5 ? Also in chrome.manifest change:

Code: Select all

content minit-tabscroll .
to

Code: Select all

content minit-tabscroll jar:chrome/minit.jar!/content/

Phil
DJGM

Post by DJGM »

Philip Chee wrote:I've uploaded a modified version here:
http://www.mytempdir.com/1123064
In SeaMonkey there should now be a menu entry under View->Show/Hide.

I've also bumped the maxVersion to 2.0.* for Firefox since 2.0.0.1
(a.k.a. The Thus Spake Zarathrustra edition) is now out.

Cheers for that, although now I've been reminded of another bug that occurred when I first
tested it on SM. While it looks as it should in most Classic based themes, viewing it with
the Modern theme, it looks a mess. I think this is mainly down to two things. First, the
fact that the software I used builds the toolbar for IE first, then coverts for Ffx.
Second, is the fact that I'm rubbish with XUL coding!

Philip Chee wrote:Is there a settings option or dialog? I can't find anything under Firefox or SeaMonkey.

Phil

The software I used to build the toolbar didn't create a settings dialog for it. Although, as
this toolbar is contains only a Google search tool a few web links, would one be needed?
-----------------------------
SeaMonkey is like a Swiss Army knife: Versatile and dependable, with many useful tools.
Internet Explorer is like really, really, very old Swiss cheese: Full of holes, and it stinks!
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

so in the install.rdf currently the min/max version is set to 0/0 for SM. Could you change this to 1.0/1.5 ?

Okay, I'll do so when I get back home (have to leave for school now). I hope that SeaMonkey users won't have to bother with the whole minVersion/maxVersion debacle, though.

I'll change the chrome.manifest as well. Does this mean I can remove the minit.xul file from root as well?
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

DJGM wrote:Cheers for that, although now I've been reminded of another bug that occurred when I first tested it on SM. While it looks as it should in most Classic based themes, viewing it with the Modern theme, it looks a mess. I think this is mainly down to two things. First, the fact that the software I used builds the toolbar for IE first, then coverts for Ffx. Second, is the fact that I'm rubbish with XUL coding!
It's a known side effect on how the modern theme displays toolbar buttons. I'll have a look.
DJGM wrote:The software I used to build the toolbar didn't create a settings dialog for it. Although, as this toolbar is contains only a Google search tool a few web links, would one be needed?
Ah, that's fine. I just saw lots of code dealing with getting and setting preferences. I guess it's the generic code that gets included in all of their toolbars. By the way, looking at the code I should note that only one toolbar generated by this tool can be effectively installed in seamonkey. Try to install more than one and only one will work. Unless:

1. The internal name of the toolbar is changed from just "toolbar".
2. The name of the jar file is changed from just "toolbar.jar".

Phil
RodWilliams

Post by RodWilliams »

Philip

I am desperate for a calendar extension. I have one for TBird (or Firefox) I am using latest SM beta, but it is so stable I wish to run it as a primary IE replacement and bin FF & TB. That way I only run one gecko engine. Sunbird has too large a footprint. I can be patient

Regards
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

RodWilliams wrote:I am desperate for a calendar extension. I have one for TBird (or Firefox) I am using latest SM beta, but it is so stable I wish to run it as a primary IE replacement and bin FF & TB. That way I only run one gecko engine. Sunbird has too large a footprint. I can be patient.
Somebody claimed to have hacked the latest Calendar extension to work again in SeaMonkey here, but when I asked him to share his changes, he disappeared. :(

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Philip Chee wrote:I have the older v0.6.1 installed on SeaMonkey/Win32 and it works. I actually have a working v2.0 mod on my hard disk but haven't bothered to release it since the old version was working so well. I'm uploading Reload Every 2.0 now and I'll post a link once the mirrors have synchronized.

Warning. Now a days you can drag and drop (and rearrange) tabs in both Firefox and SeaMonkey. But if you do RE will reload the right URL into the wrong tab (or is it the wrong URL into the right tab? I've never figured out which).
Get Reload Every 2.0-mod from: http://downloads.mozdev.org/xsidebar/mods/reloadevery_2.0-mod.xpi

Phil
h8uthemost

Post by h8uthemost »

I have been trying and try to get Download Statusbar and Linkification to work, but I just can't without some kind of guide. It's nothing like just bumping an out of date extension. It's a little complicated.

So, maybe if you guys aren't too busy, maybe you could give these a go when you have the time? I think Philip mentioned Linkification before. So if it can't work at all, then it's no biggie. I'm using Fetch, just Linkification is that much easier.

And, is there anyway to get Firefox themes to work in Seamonkey? I would love to see BlackJapan in Seamonkey. Or is that something that the creator has to do?

Thanky ou guys
therube

Post by therube »

"Linkification" should be able to be done with a bookmarklet. Otherwise there are a number of "userscripts" that may be able to be used/adapted:

Scripts with the tag text
Scripts with the tag links
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
h8uthemost

Post by h8uthemost »

Thanks therube. I don't really know what a bookmarklet is. But I'll give those scripts a shot that you provided.

Thanks again

EDIT: Yeah, those scripts worked just fine. I didn't know Greasemonkey lets you install them. So it's kind of like the Syylish extension?

Well, thanks a lot. I really missed Linkification.
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

Form Filler - needed an install.js, a regular contents.rdf and a skin contents.rdf. Works fine, with one unimportant glitch: it creates an empty space on the right of the status bar, as if wanting to put an icon there, but there's no icon, and clicking on it doesn't do anything.

This'll have to do for today, I didn't get much time.
so in the install.rdf currently the min/max version is set to 0/0 for SM. Could you change this to 1.0/1.5 ?

Could you clarify where I have to change them? I see 0/0 for some IDs, but can't make out anything from them.
Yeah, I've repackaged extensions into JARs too. Less messy. But eventually I bit the bullet and wrote: install-flat-template.js.

So that's what it's for!
I don't really know what a bookmarklet is.

From what I understand... It's just like a regular bookmark, except that instead of using it for a url, you use it for a JavaScript function.
DerBaer

Post by DerBaer »

Thank You BenoitRen.

Fission installs fine in my SeaMonkey 1.1 but doesn't work even if xSidebar is installed. The adress bar disappears.

miniT Tabscroll installs fine but doesn't work.

And so does ProfilePassword.

Maybe these extensions are using firefox specific functions. Thanks for trying to make them compatible. Probably they could be ported easier once SuiteRunner ist out. For now I keep on using TBE.

BackToTop installs and works.

@h8uthemost

more informations on bookmarklets:

http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/
http://www.bookmarklets.com/tools/categor.html
http://domnit.org/bookmarklets/
lostnihilist

Post by lostnihilist »

there's another tab scroller that used to work with the suite back in the day. http://www.krickelkrackel.de/tabscrolle ... roller.htm
I haven't used it in a while, as i only use a laptop now, and i've not come across any tabscrollers that work with the thinkpad trackpoint/middle mouse for scroll combo, particularly in linux. might be worth checking out though.
therube

Post by therube »

Just to point out, not that I necessarily want this, but ...

Aardvark 2.0 will no longer work as its. No install.js ...
Aardvark homepage
Aardvark 2.0 at Add-ons

Ditto for Named Anchors 0.3.
namedanchors-0.3.xpi
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript