mozStorage failure in Thunderbird

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
jSlim180

mozStorage failure in Thunderbird

Post by jSlim180 »

HI, <a href="http://hacks.atrus.org/mozStorage">mozStorage</a> is working on one Gentoo machine in Thunderbird 1.5.0.5. When I run the same JavaScript code in Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 on Ubuntu and on Windows is does not work. I see an error in the Thunderbird's JavaScript Console:

<code>Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageConnection.tableExists]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://spamcomplaint/content/thunderbirdOverlay.js :: anonymous :: line 152" data: no]
Source File: chrome://spamcomplaint/content/thunderbirdOverlay.js
Line: 152</code>

The code to get mozIStorageService and open a connection executes without error. It is only when I call a method on the connection like tableExists or createStatement that I get the error (above). Does anyone know how I can go about debugging and fixing this?

The version on Gentoo was compiled on that machine. I do not see the sqlite library anywhere in the application (only as the add-on I installed from the link above). I don't see any USE flags that may be relevant.
jSlim180

Post by jSlim180 »

clarification: I compiled Thunderbird on Gentoo, not mozStorage
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Thunderbird Support.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

The Extension Development forum might be a better place to ask. Or the Calendar forum (because Lightning uses mozStorage too).
Rod
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Extension Development.