Palmsync testing round 5

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

ericb wrote:HSM 6.0.1 (Palm Desktop 4.2), Thunderbird 2.0.0.4, Win XP, Palm TX (all in french)

RESUME: some problems
2. a palm->TB corrupts the fields with accents

CHRONOLOGY
3. Records added to TB has been succesfully copied to palm BUT a problem is seen in a a record added to AB with accent in Company field of office address : "Crédit Agricole Normandie"
3a- it as been correctly added to the palm by sync (with correct accent in the palm company field)
3b- an email field added on palm entry lead to a synch of TB entry (but the correct synchronisation of the email field occurs at the second try)
3c- After the TB entry synchro the Company field accent in not correct anymore : "Cr←dit Agricole Normandie"

A conduit.log is available on request

what you describe is bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=310290 which unfortunately was missing from the list of known issues in the KB article - I have just added it.
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

dropout wrote:25 Jun 2007 12:14 pm
HSM 6.0.1, TB 2.0.0.4 (20070604), Treo 680, Vista

OK, it works, at least desktop overwriting HH.
I'll try complete sync'ing next.

Dropout, did your "complete sync" work OK?
shebaaa

Re: problem installing conduit

Post by shebaaa »

wsm wrote:
shebaaa wrote:Same results

Did palmsync 1.5 work in Thunderbird v1.5?

yes, it did with no problems.
firemedic11

Post by firemedic11 »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.5pre) Gecko/20070717 Thunderbird/2.0.0.5pre - Build ID: 2007071705

Win XP Pro

Have had no problems works ok for me!
Firefox/Thunderbird Is the Best!!!! Most of the time
formula155

Conduit "Synchronize the Files" setting will not s

Post by formula155 »

Hi,

I have installed the latest version of PalmSync 2, and still have a problem that has been occurring.

Steps:

1. Open Hot Sync Manager via "Custom" selection
2. Thunderbird Address Book action says Do Nothing
3. Select Thunderbird Address Book and hit Change Button
4, Select Synchronize the Files and enter check in Set As Default Box.
5. Close out Hot Sync Manager.
6. Hot Sync Manager crashes.

On other occasions I am able to close out hot sync manager, and perform a successful sync, but when I open Hot Sync Manager again Thunderbird Address Book action has reverted to do nothing.

I am not have problems with any other conduit.

Moz Log shows nothing but the results of teh last successful sync, as shown here:

------------ START OF PALM SYNC ------------ at Thu Jul 19 15:45:03 2007
slSyncStarted. SyncType=0
-- SYNC Palm -> PerformFastSync --
-- SYNC DoFastSync --
Getting moz AB List ... done getting moz AB List. retval = 0
first device = 0
Moz AB[0] category index/synced=4/1, name= 'Business', url= 'moz-abmdbdirectory://abook-2.mab'
Moz AB[1] category index/synced=0/1, name= 'Unfiled', url= 'moz-abmdbdirectory://abook-1.mab'
Moz AB[2] category index/synced=2/1, name= 'Personal Address Book', url= 'moz-abmdbdirectory://abook.mab'
Moz AB[3] category index/synced=3/1, name= 'Collected Addresses', url= 'moz-abmdbdirectory://history.mab'

Processing Palm AB 'Unfiled' (catIndex/catId) = (0/0)...
Category index = 0, name = 'Unfiled' has been synced before
Syncing with moz AB with 0 modified Palm record(s) ... Done syncing AB. retval=0.

Processing Palm AB 'Personal' (catIndex/catId) = (2/1)...
Category index = 1, name = 'Personal' has been synced before
Syncing with moz AB with 1 modified Palm record(s) ... Done syncing AB. retval=0.

Processing Palm AB 'Collected Addre' (catIndex/catId) = (3/2)...
Category index = 2, name = 'Collected Addre' has been synced before
Syncing with moz AB with 0 modified Palm record(s) ... Done syncing AB. retval=0.

Processing Palm AB 'Business' (catIndex/catId) = (4/3)...
Category index = 3, name = 'Business' has been synced before
GetExitCodeThread failed return code = 0
Sync Finished retval=0
------------ END OF PALM SYNC -------------- at Thu Jul 19 15:45:05 2007
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

suggest you all edit install.rdf in the extensions directory <profile>\extensions\p@m so max version is "2.0.0.*"

you will need this if you install or get automatically upgraded to thunderbird 2.0.0.5.
gzartman

Post by gzartman »

HSM 6.0.1 (Palm Desktop 4.2), Thunderbird 2.0.0.4, Win XP SP2, Palm Treo 700P

Sync from desktop to treo: no issues,
Sync treo to desktop: no isses,
Two way sync: no issues.

Was previously running the release version of Palmsync on TB 1.5. Recently Palm released a software upgrade to the 700P that broke contract sync between TB and my 700P. This beta release of Palmsync resolved the problem.

This seems like a production quality piece of software.

Greg
ChefChaudart

Post by ChefChaudart »

gzartman wrote:HSM 6.0.1 (Palm Desktop 4.2), Thunderbird 2.0.0.4, Win XP SP2, Palm Treo 700P

This seems like a production quality piece of software.

Greg

Except for é à è .... ;-)
Do not forget Liu Xiaobo
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

gzartman wrote:HSM 6.0.1 (Palm Desktop 4.2), Thunderbird 2.0.0.4, Win XP SP2, Palm Treo 700P ... Recently Palm released a software upgrade to the 700P that broke contract sync between TB and my 700P. This beta release of Palmsync resolved the problem. Greg

Greg, I am curious what version/software upgrade that was? Was HSM updated? (As for this beta, I am not aware of any changes to the sync code that would have fixed any device related problems or improved sync reliability)
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

ChefChaudart wrote:
gzartman wrote:HSM 6.0.1 (Palm Desktop 4.2), Thunderbird 2.0.0.4, Win XP SP2, Palm Treo 700P... This seems like a production quality piece of software.

Greg

Except for é à è .... ;-)

what is needed is people who understands character issues in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=310290
Flory

Variaion on the private flag bug 197787

Post by Flory »

Treo 700p, HSM 6.0.1, Tb 2.0.0.6, WinXP SP2

I just got around to installing and testing. At first I was getting duplicate entries in my Treo and conduit.log was reporting that Personal had not been synced. I did a full PC overwrites HH and that behavior stopped.

One problem I see with with private entries on the HH. At first I saw bug 197787. When I overwrote they were all deleted. I restored the entries by reloading them into Tb and re-syncing. They were correctly restored as normal items. Problems:

(1) I cannot set them to private. When I do and then hide them the next sync clears the private flag.

(2) If I set them private and then delete them on Tb, they are deleted on the HH.

This seems the opposite of bug 197787. They are not ignored, they are treated as if they were not private.
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

Extension has been updated in install.rdf so that it with works with all 2.0.0.x releases of Thunderbird. Extension has moved to http://www.lehigh.edu/~wsm0/palmsync-2.0.0.x-wsm.xpi
Thunderbird trunk (generally).
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Testing
cechu

Post by cechu »

HSM 6.0.1, TB 2.0.0.6 (fr), Treo 600, XP (sp2)

1. Install as normal user fail. MsgBox: "Failed to register the Thunderbird's Palm Sync Support Proxy DLL while installing the Tuhnderbird Addres Book Palm Sync Conduit."
2. Install as admin ok.
3. Sync as admin fail: code 4364.

Conduit.log:
------------ START OF PALM SYNC ------------ at Wed Aug 08 10:43:49 2007
slSyncStarted. SyncType=0
-- SYNC Palm -> PerformFastSync --
-- SYNC DoFastSync --
Getting moz AB List ... done getting moz AB List. retval = 4364
GetExitCodeThread failed return code = 4364
Sync finished with errors retval=4364
------------ END OF PALM SYNC -------------- at Wed Aug 08 10:43:50 2007
gzartman

Post by gzartman »

wsm wrote:
gzartman wrote:HSM 6.0.1 (Palm Desktop 4.2), Thunderbird 2.0.0.4, Win XP SP2, Palm Treo 700P ... Recently Palm released a software upgrade to the 700P that broke contract sync between TB and my 700P. This beta release of Palmsync resolved the problem. Greg

Greg, I am curious what version/software upgrade that was? Was HSM updated? (As for this beta, I am not aware of any changes to the sync code that would have fixed any device related problems or improved sync reliability)

My apologies for not responding to this sooner. I took of for vacation first part of August, then didn't come revisit this tread until now.

The software update in question is the 700P Maintenance Release. It was released to the Verizon network in mid-July. I was using the current production release of palmsync, and wasn't having any problems syncing contacts until I applied the 700P MR. The Palmsync beta resolved the issue. Everything works like a champ now.

Greg
gzartman

Post by gzartman »

Duplicate Post Deleted
Last edited by gzartman on September 10th, 2007, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.