Thunderbird Extension: Delete Junk Context Menu 0.3.2

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
newest member

Re: Thunderbird Extension: Delete Junk Context Menu 0.3.2

Post by newest member »

Hi chuonthis,

first of all: thanks for this great extension! I would like to ask if it is possible to
delete the junk also on mailservers (pop3/smtp), while deleting it locally. Because my
mailfolders online are full of spam...I dont know if it would be a lot of work, but I
would love it.

Greetings and thanks,
Paul
loukote

Post by loukote »

chuonthis, nice and simple. Thanks for the extension.

I'd make use of an icon for the toolbar.

Best regards, loukote
earlpiggot

Post by earlpiggot »

any chance to see this wonderful extension working with 3 Beta 1?
tpeck

Post by tpeck »

Hi. I am having some serious problems with this extension in TB v3.0b3 and TB v3.0b4. I don't know if the following applies to earlier TB versions.

1. Using this add-on seems to also add Empty Junk and Empty Deleted items to context menu (as well as Delete Mail Marked as Junk).

2. It also adds Delete Mail Marked as Junk item to all folders even when the option is to add for Junk folder only.

3. I normally highlight the Junk folder, right-click and choose Empty Junk. Boom: junk is all deleted. Good. This morning I highlighted the Sent folder, right-clicked and chose Empty Junk. Boom: Sent folder's contents all gone! Bad. Because none of the files in the Sent folder were allocated as junk. And any sub-folders in the highlighted folder also disappear.

I can reproduce this at any time.
phorgan1

Post by phorgan1 »

Hi, I've used the Delete Junk Context Menu for a long time, but recently it quit working. What I mean is that even though it shows as installed, it doesn't show up in the Context Menus. Selecting Junk alone or all folders has no effect. It doesn't show up. I tried deleting it and downloading and reinstalling, no effect. I'm guessing that Thunderbird's done something incompatible. The Thunderbird version is 2.0.0.23 (20090817). Anything I can do to help I will. Just let me know.

Patrick
FrankyM

Post by FrankyM »

Hello,

i used your Extension with Thunderbird 2.x and it works fine. Now i use Thunderbird 3.0 an this Extension doesn't work. It is installed and the entry in context menu is available. But if i click to "Lösche als Junk markierte Mails" nothing is going on. No (junk)mail will be deleted. :(

Can anybody confirm this problem?

I there a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advanced

Franky
jdwatson

Post by jdwatson »

I can confirm this behaviour on Thunderbird 3.0.1.
I hope it can be fixed, I've been a fan of this extension for a while now.

Recap:
Installed
In Context Menu
No errors, but does not remove e-mail marked as Junk.